Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just watching the Commonwealth Games 20:48 - Jul 30 with 1324 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can anyone tell me how the hell Tennis, Golf and Basketball are Olympic sports but netball isn’t?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 1277 viewsBarcaBlue

I'd guess like cricket it's more commonwealth centred rather than global like tennis and golf.

I'm watching on the BBC tonight and it's a bit England-centric. Do the other home nations have their own.pundits, presenters and commentators?
Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 21:20 - Jul 30 with 1249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 20:59 - Jul 30 by BarcaBlue

I'd guess like cricket it's more commonwealth centred rather than global like tennis and golf.

I'm watching on the BBC tonight and it's a bit England-centric. Do the other home nations have their own.pundits, presenters and commentators?

Don’t think so. We’ve got English coverage. It’s normal, the Beeb are alway English centred.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 21:30 - Jul 30 with 1234 viewsBarcaBlue

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 21:20 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t think so. We’ve got English coverage. It’s normal, the Beeb are alway English centred.

To be fair they've just shown a Northern Ireland boxer and a Scottish swimmer getting a medal but in the cycling a couple of Welsh competitors were all but ignored. Generally though the English seem to be bigged up a lot more.
Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 22:17 - Jul 30 with 1182 viewscvillageblue

To be an Olympic sport these days you have to have parity between males and females. Netball governing body refuses to allow males to play - hence not in olympics. Or at least that’s what I was told recently!

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 03:45 - Jul 31 with 1081 viewsPerublue

I didn't realise that point regarding men and the netball thing as a possible reason.Aside from that it's I presume a little like Rugby League which is apart from Northern monkeys and Convictralians playing/following it on the whole limited in interest Globally.
Rugby Union and Cricket with the sevens and T20 format have made them both more Global and appealing to this era....union has made it in (Olympics) and I would not be surprised to see cricket there before long.
Re. the English coverage ... They are hosts after all....not South Africa,Scotland or Sark

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 22:12 - Jul 31 with 923 viewsfactual_blue

Netball was created because a woman misunderstood the rules of basketball.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 23:04 - Jul 31 with 870 viewsbournemouthblue

Just watching the Commonwealth Games on 21:20 - Jul 30 by Swansea_Blue

So nothing to with the fact England have simply won a lot more medals than the Scots , Northern Irish and the Welsh?

https://www.birmingham2022.com/medals

The presenters are of all British nationalities, we have Chris Hoy in the studio, is it really that biased?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024