Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry McKirdy 19:00 - Aug 1 with 20078 viewstomo

My Swindon supporting mate has just messaged to say we are close to signing Harry McKirdy.
Harry McKirdy on 20:36 - Aug 1 with 3121 viewstextbackup

Harry McKirdy on 19:50 - Aug 1 by hatch

He was quite an iconic player in League Two last year. Big on social with an 'abstract' way of posting and a confident swagger.

Turned up to the EFL awards (where he was in team of the season) in a bucket hat and trainers. Certainly has some talent but not sure we need the social media and banter distraction from our focused, professional outfit right now.

Hope he brings both them down with him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Harry McKirdy on 20:36 - Aug 1 with 3119 viewsVeggie

Harry McKirdy on 20:28 - Aug 1 by catch74

I’d be concerned if he came in and scored 15 goals then they’d likely be taken away from our 20 goal a season striker who’d then only get 5 and we’d never go up.

Is that the real reason? Or is it because there’s no obvious dish that rhymes with McKirdy? ;-)
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 20:37]
Swindon player of the season, League Two team of year, 19 goals in 35, 25 on 20:38 - Aug 1 with 3089 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Swindon player of the season, League Two team of year, 19 goals in 35, 25 on 19:31 - Aug 1 by PhilTWTD

That database covers loads of clubs and players.

I’ll believe it when I see a “No Town interest in McKirdy news story….”

Harry McKirdy on 20:51 - Aug 1 with 2935 viewstextbackup

Harry McKirdy on 20:09 - Aug 1 by TractorCam

Not really sure we need him, but have wanted us to sign him for a few years now due to his sh!thousery, those players are always welcome to me!

Let’s be honest, a striker that knows where the goal is over a fast run (Jackson) gets my vote every day of the week

Harry McKirdy on 20:56 - Aug 1 with 2867 viewsWakh

Harry McKirdy on 20:51 - Aug 1 by textbackup

Let’s be honest, a striker that knows where the goal is over a fast run (Jackson) gets my vote every day of the week

i would be surprised to be honest.

I can see Ethan Galbraith though
Harry McKirdy on 21:00 - Aug 1 with 2807 viewsJDB23

Considering the amount of stick Norwood got, this would be an hilarious replacement.
Harry McKirdy on 21:02 - Aug 1 with 2766 viewsSkip_Intro

Harry McKirdy on 21:00 - Aug 1 by JDB23

Considering the amount of stick Norwood got, this would be an hilarious replacement.

and that's exactly why it won't happen imo...doesn't fit the culture Ashton et al have talked about at great length
Harry McKirdy on 21:27 - Aug 1 with 2591 viewsDanJam90

Whose done this :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_McKirdy
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 21:29]
Login to get fewer ads

Harry McKirdy on 21:27 - Aug 1 with 2576 viewsIllinoisblue

Harry McKirdy on 21:02 - Aug 1 by Skip_Intro

and that's exactly why it won't happen imo...doesn't fit the culture Ashton et al have talked about at great length

Certain behavious can, I’m sure, be ignored if he brings a culture of 20 goals a season

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Harry McKirdy on 21:33 - Aug 1 with 2514 viewsSkip_Intro

Harry McKirdy on 21:27 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

Certain behavious can, I’m sure, be ignored if he brings a culture of 20 goals a season

I'm not sure that's true tbh otherwise I think we'd have offered Norwood a deal...
Harry McKirdy on 21:35 - Aug 1 with 2472 viewstextbackup

Harry McKirdy on 21:33 - Aug 1 by Skip_Intro

I'm not sure that's true tbh otherwise I think we'd have offered Norwood a deal...

Did he offer 20 goals a season?

Harry McKirdy on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 2460 viewsSkip_Intro

Harry McKirdy on 21:35 - Aug 1 by textbackup

Did he offer 20 goals a season?

he offered a goal every 180 mins...keep him fit (yes I know...but surely our new super duper medical team could work on that) and that's 23 goals a season...
Harry McKirdy on 21:53 - Aug 1 with 2320 viewsJDB23

Harry McKirdy on 21:27 - Aug 1 by Illinoisblue

He's 25 and until last year hadn't scored more than 5 goals in a season at league 2 level. I'd be genuinely baffled if he was earmarked as the forward to get us promotion.
Harry McKirdy on 21:58 - Aug 1 with 2269 viewsxrayspecs

Would be a surprise, especially if he is our fourth striker, His profile is very different to Hirst and has had one decent season in L2. So did Drinnan and Sears last season.

Another attacking midfield option? If our loss of interest in Celina was due to a combination of signing Harness and JJ impressing pre-season, then hard to see him fitting this position either.
Harry McKirdy on 22:08 - Aug 1 with 2167 viewsDecageBruce

Tough one this for me. He’s defiantly a player and full of skill, flair and lots of sh*thousery (I live in and go to Swindon games with FiL.

He is a tad lazy and def in the Norwood realms of social media personas. I like a bit of a Maverick in a team and think he could do well. He appears to have the hunger and a chip on his shoulder from something so I hope it could be focused and channeled to give us some excitement and end product.

Last two players I saw for Swindon I wouldn’t have minded is signing at the time were Matt Richie and Aden Flint (sent emails to club to scout). Wouldn’t put my opinion of him as high a Richie but Def something about him that I like
Harry McKirdy on 22:09 - Aug 1 with 2159 viewsSouperJim

Harry McKirdy on 21:53 - Aug 1 by JDB23

He's 25 and until last year hadn't scored more than 5 goals in a season at league 2 level. I'd be genuinely baffled if he was earmarked as the forward to get us promotion.

Who said he's earmarked as the forward to get us promotion, he just might be earmarked as the forward to be a useful option from the bench with the added bonus of not costing much as Simpson is going the other way. We're not exactly dripping with strikers right now.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Harry McKirdy on 22:12 - Aug 1 with 2114 viewsjayessess

Harry McKirdy on 20:51 - Aug 1 by textbackup

Jackson scored goals in the same division, that's why we signed him.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Harry McKirdy on 22:20 - Aug 1 with 2049 viewsSweetman

Yes yes yes and yes please.
Harry McKirdy on 22:24 - Aug 1 with 2011 viewsLeoMuff

Possible that the move for Hirst hasn’t happened and this could be plan B, sounds very plausible for us to be interested in one if not the best striker in league 2 last season.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Harry McKirdy on 22:31 - Aug 1 with 1949 viewsSTYG

Harry McKirdy on 20:10 - Aug 1 by Mediocre_Quick

We’ve just signed a LWB from Hereford, albeit for the youth team, but shows we’re still picking up top talents from lower leagues

The Kinsella link was a weird one, but it supposedly had legs until we got Bakinson in, have a friend who’s pretty ITK when it comes to Walsall and they said that deal was all but announced until we changed our minds at the 11th hour for Bakinson

This one could have legs, but we won’t know until we get an imminent or Town announce anything

Signing a lower league player for the youth team is one thing.

Looking at Hirst with his England pedigree and settling for a one season wonder in League Two who seems to be the sort of character this regime won’t be a fan of is another.
Harry McKirdy on 22:34 - Aug 1 with 1929 viewsJDB23

Harry McKirdy on 22:09 - Aug 1 by SouperJim

Who said he's earmarked as the forward to get us promotion, he just might be earmarked as the forward to be a useful option from the bench with the added bonus of not costing much as Simpson is going the other way. We're not exactly dripping with strikers right now.

That's true but I think we've only got room for one more in that position and given our link to Hirst I'd expect someone in that mould.

Of course he could be seen as an option for that left sided 10 role but think we'd be bloating the squad quite a bit in that case.
Harry McKirdy on 22:40 - Aug 1 with 1865 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Harry McKirdy on 21:58 - Aug 1 by xrayspecs

Would be a surprise, especially if he is our fourth striker, His profile is very different to Hirst and has had one decent season in L2. So did Drinnan and Sears last season.

Another attacking midfield option? If our loss of interest in Celina was due to a combination of signing Harness and JJ impressing pre-season, then hard to see him fitting this position either.

If there was anything in this, I think it would be as an attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker. Given there was apparent interest from us in Celina and Horst simultaneously.
Harry McKirdy on 22:42 - Aug 1 with 1852 viewsParky

Harry McKirdy on 22:40 - Aug 1 by Matt_Netherlands

If there was anything in this, I think it would be as an attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker. Given there was apparent interest from us in Celina and Horst simultaneously.

McKirdy can play upfront, or anywhere behind the striker, would imagine he’d fit our style well.

Edit - misread your post.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2022 22:43]
Harry McKirdy on 23:12 - Aug 1 with 1708 viewsN2_Blue

so from Celina and Hirst to mcKirdy and ??

Bit underwhelming. I'm not sure i want a 25 yo that's never played above L2. Doesn't strike me as someone that is going to improve on what we have...and the personality doesn't seem to fit with the squad being put together.

I thought we'd get one of Celina or Hirst, so to miss out on both is disappointing. Feels like when we lost out on Crooks because he would have been a huge player for us.

We are still missing that real spark i think....we need something, McKirdy isn't it imo.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Harry McKirdy on 23:18 - Aug 1 with 1675 viewsnodge_blue

No thanks.

Saw him in an FA cup game last year. You'd rather have Simpson. Not the top quality we need.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024