Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 11:19 - Aug 2 with 5384 viewsSharkey

Myles Kenlock is still clubless. I hope he's at least getting some worthwhile training somewhere. I suspect there are still loads and loads of players in a similar position, and it must be nerve-wracking, not knowing where you'll be working (hopefully) in the next month or so.
Kenlock on 11:21 - Aug 2 with 3618 viewsFrimleyBlue

Strange situation with Kenlock

Loads of champ appearances. Wasn't great. Wasn't awful.. I'm surprised we haven't seen him at a forest green for example.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Kenlock on 11:22 - Aug 2 with 3618 viewsSTYG

I’m sure he’s a nice lad but Kenlock was one of those I said for some time was nowhere near good enough for us and the fact even Colchester haven’t taken him speaks volumes.

Yet some were suggesting he was better than Penney and some even that he was better than Coulson. Honestly. People on here said that he was one of ours and should play!

I think Leigh and Davis are about two or three divisions above him in terms of ability. Saying that hope Kenlock gets a club. Surely Chesterfield is an option?
Kenlock on 11:23 - Aug 2 with 3595 viewsWallingford_Boy

Did really well at Colchester, a regular and even scored 3 goals for them!

Amazed they didn't sign him.

Could definitely do a job at L2 level, but probably no higher.

RIP Sir Bobby

Kenlock on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 3521 viewsSharkey

Kenlock on 11:22 - Aug 2 by STYG

I’m sure he’s a nice lad but Kenlock was one of those I said for some time was nowhere near good enough for us and the fact even Colchester haven’t taken him speaks volumes.

Yet some were suggesting he was better than Penney and some even that he was better than Coulson. Honestly. People on here said that he was one of ours and should play!

I think Leigh and Davis are about two or three divisions above him in terms of ability. Saying that hope Kenlock gets a club. Surely Chesterfield is an option?

At Colchester he was a replacement for Ryan Clampin, who was seriously injured at the FA cup game at Sudbury but is now back. Colchester have been very good at producing full-backs in recent years and rate Clampin highly, and I doubt Kenlock was ever meant to be more than a stop-gap if his wages are on the high side for League 2.
Kenlock on 11:28 - Aug 2 with 3497 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 11:23 - Aug 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Agree. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in league 2.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Kenlock on 11:29 - Aug 2 with 3499 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kenlock on 11:23 - Aug 2 by Wallingford_Boy

Agree. I'm sure someone told me he was going to Notts County but could be wrong.
Kenlock on 11:40 - Aug 2 with 3356 viewsDyland

One of my lot thought he was better than Knudsen....

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kenlock on 11:57 - Aug 2 with 3190 viewsitfcjoe

We'd have been better off keeping him than signing Penney.

We paid both their wages last year with MK not even registered for half the season, and now this year we are going to pay Penney's wages for nothing as well.

This was the stupid part of the 'demolition job' last year, Mk was perfectly adequate as a back up LB, and we could have just let his contract expire and cover the games MP played in, at one point we had Bailey Clements struggling, MP binned off to the U23s and MK not even registered

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 3129 viewsclive_baker

He’ll find something, for sure. Might have his own reasons in terms of geography etc for not going anywhere just yet. I quite liked him on the rare occasions he played on the left of a back 3 for us, I thought that quite suited him. Roberto Carlos he isn’t, but as a mid 20’s, fairly experienced free transfer I would be surprised if he’s not playing in L1 or L2.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kenlock on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 2815 viewsGarv

Kenlock on 11:57 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

We paid both their wages last year with MK not even registered for half the season, and now this year we are going to pay Penney's wages for nothing as well.

This was the stupid part of the 'demolition job' last year, Mk was perfectly adequate as a back up LB, and we could have just let his contract expire and cover the games MP played in, at one point we had Bailey Clements struggling, MP binned off to the U23s and MK not even registered

MK perfectly adequate back up, really?

Penney played 22 games last season, not including the games he should have played when Clements somehow got in. Kenlock playing those games would've weakened us, simple as that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kenlock on 13:07 - Aug 2 with 2751 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 12:59 - Aug 2 by Garv

MK perfectly adequate back up, really?

Penney played 22 games last season, not including the games he should have played when Clements somehow got in. Kenlock playing those games would've weakened us, simple as that.

I think Penney is better than Kenlock but I think the argument is that unless you can bring a player in who is a big upgrade on what you have then it's better to play someone like Kenlock.

Penney was better, IMO, but enough to show a real difference on the pitch? Not sure.

Truly impaired.

Kenlock on 13:14 - Aug 2 with 2695 viewsoldburian

I agree wholeheartedly with that. You speak a lot of sense.
Kenlock on 13:14 - Aug 2 with 2699 viewsSTYG

I'd respectfully disagree. I know where you are coming from, but ability wise I wouldn't even rate Kenlock as a League One back up.

He's one of the worst players in terms of ability that I've seen in a Town shirt. He worked hard, tried and gave it a good go but I honestly can't think of many players We have ever had who have been worse.

You could make a case for Best (but he was once a decent player) or Malarcyk (who looked competent against Man Utd) or Skard for example. But Kenlock's ability for me, over a reasonable number of games, is way off.

I appreciate this will be unpopular and professional football managers have played him 50-100 times so you could make a very strong case for me talking nonsense. But I'd say our resources, lack of transfer spend and the positions of need played a huge part in him getting way more games than his actual talent merited.

As I say, he's probably a lovely guy, but I see him as a Conference standard full back at best and would expect that he will hover around there / Conference South now rather than spend the majority of his career in the EFL. I hope I'm wrong.
Kenlock on 13:21 - Aug 2 with 2615 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 13:14 - Aug 2 by STYG

I'd respectfully disagree. I know where you are coming from, but ability wise I wouldn't even rate Kenlock as a League One back up.

He's one of the worst players in terms of ability that I've seen in a Town shirt. He worked hard, tried and gave it a good go but I honestly can't think of many players We have ever had who have been worse.

You could make a case for Best (but he was once a decent player) or Malarcyk (who looked competent against Man Utd) or Skard for example. But Kenlock's ability for me, over a reasonable number of games, is way off.

I appreciate this will be unpopular and professional football managers have played him 50-100 times so you could make a very strong case for me talking nonsense. But I'd say our resources, lack of transfer spend and the positions of need played a huge part in him getting way more games than his actual talent merited.

As I say, he's probably a lovely guy, but I see him as a Conference standard full back at best and would expect that he will hover around there / Conference South now rather than spend the majority of his career in the EFL. I hope I'm wrong.

You don't think he's like Roberto Carlos with the footwork of Maldini?

Truly impaired.

Kenlock on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 2580 viewsIllinoisblue

He’s nowhere near as bad as you’re making out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kenlock on 13:26 - Aug 2 with 2545 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Complete nonsense. He has made 100 odd appearances under people like MM and you're saying that - unbelievable.
Kenlock on 13:28 - Aug 2 with 2505 viewschicoazul

It’s so funny how we see so many of these hindsighted posts slating players who played many games for us at a higher level than we are now but somehow the players we have now are better.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kenlock on 13:29 - Aug 2 with 2503 viewsSomethingBlue

This is exceptionally harsh — Kenlock is perfectly OK, which is not what we need and perhaps not what most clubs in L1 want but should comfortably allow him a professional career.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 13:30 - Aug 2 with 2496 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 13:28 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

It’s so funny how we see so many of these hindsighted posts slating players who played many games for us at a higher level than we are now but somehow the players we have now are better.

Agree with the general point but he's definitely right that our finances played a big part in him playing that many games in the Championship.

Truly impaired.

Kenlock on 13:32 - Aug 2 with 2462 viewsclive_baker

Nonsense

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Kenlock on 13:34 - Aug 2 with 2434 viewsSTYG

Kenlock on 13:26 - Aug 2 by PrideOfTheEast

Complete nonsense. He has made 100 odd appearances under people like MM and you're saying that - unbelievable.

Let's revisit this in 5 years and see where he's been playing.

The evidence is clearly against me here. 100 odd appearances in the Championship and League One says he's better than the Conference.

But Dean Bowditch played 72 times in the Championship and then spent 15 years in League One and Two. Billy Clarke did the same for 49 games and then spent the same period in those divisions.

Both of those started well and were given games and times but ultimately were not up to that standard. I'd say both were substantially better than Kenlock, so time will tell.

Some young players get games and then do nothing. I see him as, ability wise, one to follow that pattern. As I say, I do hope I'm wrong. He's one of our own and always tried his heart out.
Kenlock on 13:36 - Aug 2 with 2402 viewschicoazul

Kenlock on 13:30 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Agree with the general point but he's definitely right that our finances played a big part in him playing that many games in the Championship.

Oh I don’t disagree. It’s also an ancient truth in football that many left footed players have careers many right footed players could only dream of. I still think it’s funny that Matt Penney is better than Kenlock, Morsy is our best midfielder in ten years, Walton is top class, ad nauseum.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Kenlock on 13:41 - Aug 2 with 2380 viewsJ2BLUE

Kenlock on 13:36 - Aug 2 by chicoazul

Oh I don’t disagree. It’s also an ancient truth in football that many left footed players have careers many right footed players could only dream of. I still think it’s funny that Matt Penney is better than Kenlock, Morsy is our best midfielder in ten years, Walton is top class, ad nauseum.

Time will tell. It's a bit silly to be saying those things now but it might end up being true. Would we sign the likes of Giles Coke now? Bru? Bajner? Best?

We had a lot of dross (not including Kenlock in that) in the Championship.

Truly impaired.

Kenlock on 13:42 - Aug 2 with 2361 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Kenlock on 13:41 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

Time will tell. It's a bit silly to be saying those things now but it might end up being true. Would we sign the likes of Giles Coke now? Bru? Bajner? Best?

Bru was alright I thought. I'll never get over Nouble.
Kenlock on 13:44 - Aug 2 with 2353 viewschicoazul

Kenlock on 13:41 - Aug 2 by J2BLUE

My man did you just diss Kevin Bru to my face. That’s fighting talk.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024