Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone here superstitious? 14:57 - Aug 2 with 1915 viewsSTYG

Right. Quite clearly superstition is utter nonsense. The thought that I could somehow influence how Town play by the colour of my pants or whether I've had a lucky fry up is absolutely mental. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be locked up.

However.

Last season I bought a Town shirt. Never really worn them much as an adult because they seemed to be a bit unlucky on the occasion I wore them. Bought one anyway. Laughed it off.

Went to the early home matches last season plus Burton and Cheltenham and guess what. Didn't win a single game. Went to Lincoln wearing an ITFC hoodie instead of the shirt. We won. Hoodie stayed with me on away days as we beat Wycombe and Fleetwood and didn't lose at Oxford or MK Dons.

Made the mistake of wearing it for Rotherham last season. But under McKenna we were playing like an automatic promotion side. So I dug shirt out for Cambridge at home didn't I.

Anyway. To fast forward I decided that shirt was unlucky. So bought the new one. After 30 minutes on Saturday I decided it was me all along somehow controlling the universe. So I covered up the shirt with a tracksuit top (despite being boiling) and we scored minutes later!

I mean clearly it's bloody stupid to believe otherwise. But how can I, in good conscience, wear it at FGR Saturday knowing the likely damage it'll do our promotion hopes.

Anyone here had any logic defying streaks with superstition? It must be something like 8 or 9 without a win wearing a Town shirt and 20 without defeat not wearing one (only home game I missed last year was Bolton). It's beyond stupid now!!!

* Clearly penalties / Pizza Cup don't count as it was also worn against Colchester.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 14:58]
Anyone here superstitious? on 15:24 - Aug 7 with 142 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone here superstitious? on 13:47 - Aug 7 by jeera

I genuinely struggle to see how anyone thinks they have the power to influence the outcome of a match depending on what they're wearing or whatever rituals they perform that morning.

I once met this woman who thought she could make clouds move by staring at them though.

What was actually happening is she would stare at one until it finally moved.

She would then look around at everyone silently taking credit.

That’s proper got me

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone here superstitious? on 15:38 - Aug 7 with 136 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Anyone here superstitious? on 13:47 - Aug 7 by jeera

I genuinely struggle to see how anyone thinks they have the power to influence the outcome of a match depending on what they're wearing or whatever rituals they perform that morning.

I once met this woman who thought she could make clouds move by staring at them though.

What was actually happening is she would stare at one until it finally moved.

She would then look around at everyone silently taking credit.

If anyone has that power they're wasting it on football matches and clouds.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024