Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22555 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:49 - Aug 2 with 902 viewsDanTheMan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:46 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Presumably then you'd agree that the powers aren't giving ENOUGH military support as it stands?

I don't know how much we're giving to be perfectly honest. You read about how much we're roughly spending or giving but I have no way of knowing how much that is, whether it is enough or it's too much.

I'm conflicted, I hate war, but also Ukraine has been attacked without provocation. Any peace other than going back to the status-quo before the war started to me is not acceptable. I cannot imagine Putin would go for that.

I say all of this from a place of complete ignorance of course.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 887 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:49 - Aug 2 by DanTheMan

I don't know how much we're giving to be perfectly honest. You read about how much we're roughly spending or giving but I have no way of knowing how much that is, whether it is enough or it's too much.

I'm conflicted, I hate war, but also Ukraine has been attacked without provocation. Any peace other than going back to the status-quo before the war started to me is not acceptable. I cannot imagine Putin would go for that.

I say all of this from a place of complete ignorance of course.

Russia have made gains. As I understand it, to achieve the status quo of pre-War would involve a considerable escalation from the West.

A horrible situation - I can sympathise with JC on wanting to find some kind of peace now.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

[Redacted] on 15:51 - Aug 2 with 881 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 842 viewsblueasfook

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:49 - Aug 2 by HighgateBlue

His gifts are not wanted by his own party.

And foreign policy has never been one of his gifts.

What parts of his disastrous, out-of-tune, naive foreign policy dont you agree with?

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 835 viewsgiant_stow

[Redacted] on 15:51 - Aug 2 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Yes indeed and the Ukrainians are more than clear on what they want. They can't say it enough.

Germany has let finance and business interests poison its reputation. Shame on them.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:55 - Aug 2 with 840 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:24 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

Not wanting a war isn’t the same as choosing a side to win it.

But we have a war. Not of our choice. Not of Ukraine's choice.

And he wants us to stop arming the Innocent party in this conflict. An innocent party who if they were unarmed, would be slaughtered by the Russian military machine.

Stop defending this vile old man.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 831 viewsDanTheMan

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:51 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

Russia have made gains. As I understand it, to achieve the status quo of pre-War would involve a considerable escalation from the West.

A horrible situation - I can sympathise with JC on wanting to find some kind of peace now.

I definitely sympathise with the position even if I fall on the other side of the fence.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 825 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:55 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

And he wants us to stop arming the Innocent party in this conflict. An innocent party who if they were unarmed, would be slaughtered by the Russian military machine.

I get the pacifist argument, but it just doesn't hold in a brutal war of conquest.

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 822 viewsJakeITFC

Surely finding a peaceful resolution is better than prolonging a war?
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 820 viewsunbelievablue

GB - do you sincerely think that's what JC is suggesting? Stop arming them tomorrow so that Russia can waltz into Kyiv?

Reading what he said it seems pretty obvious to me that, as DanTheMan said, JC is simply arguing the pacifist position that would look to more diplomatic means to end the conflict and not prolong it.

Nothing vile about that, just, potentially, rather naive.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 with 808 viewsblueasfook

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:58 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

There is no peaceful resolution that would be acceptable to the Ukrainian people.

Vlad wants a chunk of their country. He's made that clear.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 with 790 viewsDanTheMan

Ideally yes, although it does somewhat depend on what the peace look like. If the peace was the complete annexation of Ukraine, would that be OK?

I'm not suggesting that's what it would take, but there is a definite balance. I imagine if this was our country we wouldn't be happy just accepting it.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 with 794 viewsPhilTWTD

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:41 - Aug 2 by JakeITFC

“Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

I don't think anything there is untrue - what is the end game here as it stands?

Not sure Russia's got the capability of fighting a war for years and years with the West arming Ukraine. Indeed, we're starting to see the beginnings of the pushback.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 with 788 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:26 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

I think it's disingenuous to suggest he wants to 'abandon' Ukraine and 'let Russia win' when in reality he's said that pouring in arms isn't necessarily the best way forward and that we should instead look at diplomacy. He might be wrong, but he didn't say what you said he did.

And I'm no JC apologist.

He said this on a pro-Hezbollah and pro-Syrian government chanel. Oddly enough he didn't call on Assad to stop murdering his own people or for Iran to stop arming Hamas and Hezbollah.

In the same interview he went all Koonters on us.

Jeremy Corbyn has said he has “absolutely no doubt whatsoever” he is the victim of a smear campaign orchestrated by Israel.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/corbyn-says-theres-absolutely-no-doubt-he-is-victim

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:01 - Aug 2 with 775 viewsgiant_stow

What do the Ukrainians want?
Why has diplomacy failed until now?
What diplomatic solution which was acceptable to Ukraine, also be acceptable to Russia when their stated aim in conquest?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:01 - Aug 2 with 774 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:29 - Aug 2 by The_Flashing_Smile

You're trolling. He doesn't say anything about abandoning Ukraine OR letting Russia win their war. He says continuously pouring weapons in isn't the answer, we should be looking for a peaceful resolution.

He may be a bit deluded in that, but it's very different from what you're claiming in your OP - knowing that most of the Corbyn-haters on here won't even bother reading the article. Shame on you.

What will happen if we stop "pouring weapons" to Ukraine?

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:02 - Aug 2 with 765 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

He said this on a pro-Hezbollah and pro-Syrian government chanel. Oddly enough he didn't call on Assad to stop murdering his own people or for Iran to stop arming Hamas and Hezbollah.

In the same interview he went all Koonters on us.

Jeremy Corbyn has said he has “absolutely no doubt whatsoever” he is the victim of a smear campaign orchestrated by Israel.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/corbyn-says-theres-absolutely-no-doubt-he-is-victim

I'm not sure any of that has anything to do with what I posted.

I contribute to these threads in good faith. Those who seem unwilling to do so (on either side of this weird JC love-in/hate-mob) tend to ruin them.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:04 - Aug 2 with 736 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 15:33 - Aug 2 by giant_stow

Don't be daft - no shame on me, or not unless you can tell me how diplomacy could stop Russia from fighting while also returning all annexed Ukrainian land and opening itself to war crime investigations.

I don't know the answer, and I also stated he's a bit deluded. The shame on you is your blatant lying ("I'm being a bit of tinker") about what Corbyn actually said.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:04 - Aug 2 with 738 viewsKievthegreat

Agreed. Imagine the world were the Allies didn't stupidly prolong WW2 and just surrendered Poland, the low countries, France, Norway, Yugoslavia and Greece to the Nazis and Fascists. Definitely better than prolonging the war.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:05 - Aug 2 with 727 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:04 - Aug 2 by Kievthegreat

Agreed. Imagine the world were the Allies didn't stupidly prolong WW2 and just surrendered Poland, the low countries, France, Norway, Yugoslavia and Greece to the Nazis and Fascists. Definitely better than prolonging the war.

I'm not sure how useful these types of comparisons are, to be honest.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:06 - Aug 2 with 711 viewsMullet

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:00 - Aug 2 by blueasfook

There is no peaceful resolution that would be acceptable to the Ukrainian people.

Vlad wants a chunk of their country. He's made that clear.

This is the problem isn't it?

The Germans rightly bear the brunt of people's ire for their reliance on Russian energy, but less is made of our own relationship with Vlad and his cronies over the last couple of decades.

Johnson trashing that for PR after the damage had long been done is not recompense and leaves us and the Ukrainians in an awful position.

I think the time for pacifism in this case is long passed. We have a war now, and it's one that is going to ripple around the globe for a long time. There's the food supply issues which will punish the poorest in Africa the most and cause a refugee spike, the Balkans seem to be agitated again too according to reports presumably the Serbs are being encouraged by Russia judging by reports of unrest around Kosovo last night.

Corbyn may/may not be a terrible man but he's proved not much cop as a politician outside of his constituency remit far too often in the past few years.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:08 - Aug 2 with 682 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:02 - Aug 2 by unbelievablue

I'm not sure any of that has anything to do with what I posted.

I contribute to these threads in good faith. Those who seem unwilling to do so (on either side of this weird JC love-in/hate-mob) tend to ruin them.

It's relevant because it is from the same interview. A pacifist would call for all sides to lay down their arms surely.

Have we ever heard him call for Hamas and Hezbollah to do the same? He goes on these pro Assad and Iranian state TV shows and never once condemns their side.

He sickens me.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:08 - Aug 2 with 678 viewschicoazul

Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution, it’s only going to prolong and exaggerate this war,” Corbyn said. We might be in for years and years of a war in Ukraine.”

He’s not wrong is he.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:09 - Aug 2 with 671 viewsunbelievablue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:08 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

It's relevant because it is from the same interview. A pacifist would call for all sides to lay down their arms surely.

Have we ever heard him call for Hamas and Hezbollah to do the same? He goes on these pro Assad and Iranian state TV shows and never once condemns their side.

He sickens me.

He is arguing for all sides to lay down their arms. That's what peace is.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:09 - Aug 2 with 660 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 16:01 - Aug 2 by GlasgowBlue

What will happen if we stop "pouring weapons" to Ukraine?

It's not as black and white as you're making it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024