Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine 15:16 - Aug 2 with 22448 viewsgiant_stow

and let Russia win their war (amongst other things, which I dare not mention):

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/02/jeremy-corbyn-urges-west-to-sto

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:14 - Aug 3 with 591 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:10 - Aug 3 by gordon

There's a good summary here of how aspects of western leftist 'pacifism' has been received by Ukrainians (you have to click and read the thread for non-twitterers).

[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:10]

What an excellent & cutting thread - I suggest that everyone arguing against supplying weapons to Ukraine reads it with with an open, humble mind.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:15 - Aug 3 with 589 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:59 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

I can’t see Koonters post. What has been unravelled?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Don't have someone on ignore and then ask others what they said. Either ignore him or read him yourself.

Your links are always tenuous. Given how much of an idiot you and others reckon Corbyn is, he's never been caught actually saying anything antisemitic. It's always "that bloke he shared a stage with said X several years ago ∴ Corbyn's a racist".

If you have some evidence that would stand up in a court of law, let's hear it rather than these same old endlessly repeated tenuous links.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:15 - Aug 3 with 586 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:11 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

That works double the other way, Gordon.

This has been sphere of influence manoeuvrings for decades on both sides. Putin and his people are awful people but we've been willing tango partners for a lot of that time. With ordinary Ukrainians and Russians as the pawns when Putin just keeps on being Putin.

Read Gordon's twitter thread - its written for people who feel like you do.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:16 - Aug 3 with 578 viewsgordon

This has been sphere of influence manoeuvrings for decades on both sides. Putin and his people are awful people but we've been willing tango partners for a lot of that time. With ordinary Ukrainians and Russians as the pawns when Putin just keeps on being Putin.

I don't really know what decades of maneuverings means, but fine.

The simple point I'm making is that when people have been catastrophically wrong about something, to the extent that a country is being destroyed, we ought to think twice about listening to them again on that subject, and maybe instead should just listen to the views of Ukrainians.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:17 - Aug 3 with 573 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:31 - Aug 3 by solomon

He’s clearly being smeared……

"Analyses of domestic media coverage of Corbyn have found it to be critical or antagonistic.[4][535] In July 2016, academics from the London School of Economics published a study of 812 articles about Corbyn taken from eight national newspapers around the time of his Labour leadership election. The study found that 75 percent of the articles either distorted or failed to represent his actual views on subjects. The study's director commented that "Our analysis shows that Corbyn was thoroughly delegitimised as a political actor from the moment he became a prominent candidate and even more so after he was elected as party leader".

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:20 - Aug 3 with 557 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“ This has been sphere of influence manoeuvrings for decades on both sides”

Fine people on both sides.

Only one side is responsible for the military bloodshed, barbaric shelling of civilians, and political purges of people in an occupied sovereign nation.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:21 - Aug 3 with 545 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:15 - Aug 3 by giant_stow

Read Gordon's twitter thread - its written for people who feel like you do.

I thought it was a bit one-track and strawmanning to be honest. I don't see people arguing the Ukrainians shouldn't defend themselves in an invasion.

"Written for people like you" would be a little more accurate.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:00 - Aug 3 by unbelievablue

He's basically saying JC didn't have anything to do with him formally.

Which is a blatant lie and was covered in my edit. Just as he lied about when he ended his paid relationship with Iranian state TV.

Looks like dolly will be eating more humble pie and apologising to me. Just as he did over my “defence of Boris Johnson calling women who wear the burka letterboxes”.

I dint know why Folky still comes into bat for Corbyn at every available opportunity? Imagine trashing your online reputation in order to defend a gritty old man you will never meet.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:23 - Aug 3 with 557 viewsgordon

Another really useful twitter thread for people who still think the invasion is really about 'the west' or 'NATO expansion' or whatever, is this thread on the history of Russian imperialist genocides.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 545 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:21 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

I thought it was a bit one-track and strawmanning to be honest. I don't see people arguing the Ukrainians shouldn't defend themselves in an invasion.

rare downvote from me - disgraceful.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:25 - Aug 3 with 545 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:14 - Aug 3 by giant_stow

What an excellent & cutting thread - I suggest that everyone arguing against supplying weapons to Ukraine reads it with with an open, humble mind.

Who's arguing against supplying weapons to Ukraine (and nothing else)?!

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:28 - Aug 3 with 522 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:20 - Aug 3 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“ This has been sphere of influence manoeuvrings for decades on both sides”

Fine people on both sides.

Only one side is responsible for the military bloodshed, barbaric shelling of civilians, and political purges of people in an occupied sovereign nation.

If you ignore the last 20 years of courting Putin and even congratulating him when he was fighting Muslims for "our side". While simultaneously seeing NATO become not just a defensive, nuclear deterrent organization but also a tool for wielding influence and exerting pressure.

None of which means Putin is right about anything and not an utter threat to the world. Nor that the invasion was in itself inevitable or remotely excusable.

But that's what has been happening.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:28 - Aug 3 with 530 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:23 - Aug 3 by gordon

Another really useful twitter thread for people who still think the invasion is really about 'the west' or 'NATO expansion' or whatever, is this thread on the history of Russian imperialist genocides.

What the “but NATO” crowd tend to neglect is the fact that it was east looking to the west, rather than NATO expanding outwards to the Russian border in some kind of sinister western conspiracy.

Independent Eastern European countries emerged after over 50 years of Russian oppression, murder and poverty to join a modern, prosperous, democratic europe. They chose to join NATO to keep it that way after 200 years of Russian belligerence and invasions into Europe.

How dare they…
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:29]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:29 - Aug 3 with 520 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:21 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

Irrespective of your views, the general perspective of a people that are having a genocide wrought against them by an imperialist, facist, colonialist invader is that western leftists don't support them - that they only stand against imperialism when it's American/UK imperialism - doesn't that concern you at all?

I consider myself pretty left-wing (and once upon a time voted for Corbyn in a leadership election!), but am utterly disgusted by what's gone on over the last 6 months in the British left.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:30]
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:30 - Aug 3 with 519 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:22 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Which is a blatant lie and was covered in my edit. Just as he lied about when he ended his paid relationship with Iranian state TV.

Looks like dolly will be eating more humble pie and apologising to me. Just as he did over my “defence of Boris Johnson calling women who wear the burka letterboxes”.

I dint know why Folky still comes into bat for Corbyn at every available opportunity? Imagine trashing your online reputation in order to defend a gritty old man you will never meet.

Nice of you to throw my genuine apology back in my face. Stay classy, Glassers.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:35 - Aug 3 with 506 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:16 - Aug 3 by gordon

I don't really know what decades of maneuverings means, but fine.

The simple point I'm making is that when people have been catastrophically wrong about something, to the extent that a country is being destroyed, we ought to think twice about listening to them again on that subject, and maybe instead should just listen to the views of Ukrainians.

You're making the same mistake ulllaa made in his OP by editorializing what you think it means.

"Deal with Russia" doesn't mean occupation and genocide. Any more than "Arm Ukraine" means fewer Ukrainians will die.

A peaceful resolution is about avoiding further injustice and death, not inviting more. You can disagree with the rationale and the strategy but making up that pacifists are really pushing for the worst case because they don't care isn't very helpful, fair or accurate.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 500 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:29 - Aug 3 by gordon

Irrespective of your views, the general perspective of a people that are having a genocide wrought against them by an imperialist, facist, colonialist invader is that western leftists don't support them - that they only stand against imperialism when it's American/UK imperialism - doesn't that concern you at all?

I consider myself pretty left-wing (and once upon a time voted for Corbyn in a leadership election!), but am utterly disgusted by what's gone on over the last 6 months in the British left.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 11:30]

Corbyn was calling out Putin while our leaders were back-slapping him and feting him.

The problem is that Western Imperialism and being against it are still actual things, Gordon. And being against it doesn't mean that you also support Putin. That's just ridiculously binary and narrow a conclusion to take.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 501 viewsleitrimblue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 08:44 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Angelo Fusco.

Edit. I was mistaken in that it was the murder of a member of the SAS and not a policeman.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/labour-knew-about-corbyn-and-the-ira-now-the
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 9:00]

I don't think Angeli Fusco is any more of a terrorist then any Ukrainian soilder that kills Russian special forces while outnumbered in a gun battle with them. Guess one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter and all that...
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:46 - Aug 3 with 486 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:35 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

You're making the same mistake ulllaa made in his OP by editorializing what you think it means.

"Deal with Russia" doesn't mean occupation and genocide. Any more than "Arm Ukraine" means fewer Ukrainians will die.

A peaceful resolution is about avoiding further injustice and death, not inviting more. You can disagree with the rationale and the strategy but making up that pacifists are really pushing for the worst case because they don't care isn't very helpful, fair or accurate.

"Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution. It is only going to prolong and exaggerate this war."

That's a disgusting, shameful position, because the only alternative to Ukraine defending itself is Russian occupation, and the atrocities that would come with that.

To me it's extraordinary that that needs to be explained to anybody.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:47 - Aug 3 with 478 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

Corbyn was calling out Putin while our leaders were back-slapping him and feting him.

The problem is that Western Imperialism and being against it are still actual things, Gordon. And being against it doesn't mean that you also support Putin. That's just ridiculously binary and narrow a conclusion to take.

Why its 'ridiculously binary and narrow'? What's the middle or grey outcome look like and how do we get there?

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:47 - Aug 3 with 479 viewsleitrimblue

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 10:12 - Aug 3 by GlasgowBlue

Paul Eisen.

In January 2008 Eisen wrote the article "My Life As A Holocaust Denier". In it he wrote: “I question that there ever existed homicidal gas-chambers. I question the figure of six million Jewish victims of the Nazi assault and I believe that the actual figure was significantly less.”

Corbyn was holding meetings with his organisation and sharing platforms with him up to 2013.

edit. Worth adding that when challenged on this Corbyn lied and said “I have no contact whatsoever now with Paul Eisen and Deir Yassin Remembered. I did attend a number of events concerning DYR some years ago, I think two or three of them. The only donation would have been in a collection bucket going round the room, that’s all.

“Fifteen years ago he certainly was not a Holocaust denier, had he been a Holocaust denier or stated he was, I would have had nothing to do with him. Obviously Holocaust denial is vile and wrong.”

However a post on the DYR website shows Mr Corbyn attending the April 2013 event.

Eissen outed himself as a Holocaust denier in 2008 yet Corbyn continued his attendance at Eisen's events up until 2013.

When giving evidence to the select committee on Antisemitism in 2016, Corbyn admitted attending public DYR events but claimed to have stopped when he learned of its leader’s views.

He made no mention of a private meeting in Parliament just two years before. Mr Eisen has been open about his Holocaust denial since at least 2008.

When challenged about Eisen's claim that he donated to DYR, a group considered so anti semitic by the Palestine Solidarity Campaign who proposed a motion to drop expel them, Corbyn replied that he may have made a donation ‘in a collecting bucket going around the room, that would be all … I have no recollection of any chequebook on the table’.

Eisen wrote in his blog: ‘One evening 15 years ago I cycled over to see [Mr Corbyn] … I was just beginning to establish Deir Yassin Remembered in the UK and I wanted him to join. I’d hardly begun my feverishly rehearsed pitch before his chequebook was on the table.
From that day on, without fuss or bother, whether DYR was flavour of the month or the maggot at the bottom of the food chain, he attended every single Deir Yassin commemoration.’
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 10:43]

I use to attend a lot of conferences on the subject of mass graves a few years ago and the subject of the holocaust would often come up.The general consensus is the number of deaths is more likely to be much higher then 6 million then less. Which is incredible to imagine
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 475 viewsgordon

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:41 - Aug 3 by Darth_Koont

I really don't understand what point you might be making here.
Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:54 - Aug 3 with 445 viewsDarth_Koont

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:46 - Aug 3 by gordon

"Pouring arms in isn’t going to bring about a solution. It is only going to prolong and exaggerate this war."

That's a disgusting, shameful position, because the only alternative to Ukraine defending itself is Russian occupation, and the atrocities that would come with that.

To me it's extraordinary that that needs to be explained to anybody.

I think that's fair enough given how modern and often proxy wars have actually turned out over the past half-century or more. And I don't think anyone is saying that the Ukrainians should just roll over if they don't want to.

But you surely want diplomatic and peaceful resolutions to be pursued right? I can't see either side (Ukrainian and Russian, civilians and soldiers) benefiting from a long and drawn out fight to the bitter end as if that's the only solution.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:56 - Aug 3 with 436 viewsgiant_stow

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:47 - Aug 3 by leitrimblue

I use to attend a lot of conferences on the subject of mass graves a few years ago and the subject of the holocaust would often come up.The general consensus is the number of deaths is more likely to be much higher then 6 million then less. Which is incredible to imagine

blimey, it is indeed.

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:57 - Aug 3 with 433 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Corbyn says the west should abandon Ukraine on 11:49 - Aug 3 by gordon

I really don't understand what point you might be making here.

He doesn’t have one. None of that has anything to do with Russia’s invasion, or his response to me. He’s just looking for a “yeah but NATO/the West” angle without appearing to be a Putin enabler.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024