Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Managers’ programme notes 16:46 - Aug 2 with 855 viewshatch

They never write them do they? Or even dictate them. It’s safe to assume the comms team out them together and at some clubs the manager may glance over them before print?

Possibly the same with Ashton although he probably prefers to write them himself.
Random on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 774 viewsunstableblue

I'm pretty sure those were McKenna's words, or the general themes, perhaps with some final 'copywriting' provided.

Managers often take these notes quite seriously.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Managers’ programme notes on 18:09 - Aug 2 with 660 viewsVeggie

I imagine it depends a lot on the manager. KM seems to be an articulate, intelligent fellow who would be well equipped to write it himself. Some like Paul Lambert, maybe not so much.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 18:10]
Managers’ programme notes on 18:25 - Aug 2 with 632 viewspowinswitch

To be honest, I don’t want him writing them. I’d expect him to brief the comms team on his theme, and his thoughts within that. They draft something, he tells them it’s ok, or how he wants it changing and bobs your mums brother. He should focus on getting us promotion, and other should assist him with some of the non football cr4p which goes with being a manager. That’s my view
Random on 23:33 - Aug 2 with 471 viewshatch

Random on 17:07 - Aug 2 by unstableblue

I'm pretty sure those were McKenna's words, or the general themes, perhaps with some final 'copywriting' provided.

Managers often take these notes quite seriously.

Well I was reading Saturday’s and it was all very high level stuff that you’d expect from a comms team rather than a manager giving you his genuine unique insight.

I agree that he should be more focused on the team than the programme notes and he has pre match interviews to share his views. There’s plenty of media commitments without sitting down to his laptop on a Wednesday night to try and articulate his 23rd unique message come April. I just think it makes a big point to use quotation marks and suggest it is his words when I very much doubt it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024