Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player 19:13 - Aug 2 with 6039 viewsKesgrave_Exile

BBC News - Women's football: 'I'm a pro footballer but I have a second job'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-62386612

There was much made about town having full time players but this seems like smoke and mirrors. You can understand why the club has failed to attract any players in the summer. What's the point being a pro but still having to work full time it's counter productive.

I think the club needs to invest more in players contracts which when compared to the men's team would be a modest sum.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 19:14]
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:21 - Aug 2 with 3681 viewsBobsthename

Rather see the club invest in a striker for the first team than put it into womens team.
After all it’s the mens team that can repay the investment in the club.
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:28 - Aug 2 with 3624 viewsKesgrave_Exile

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:21 - Aug 2 by Bobsthename

Rather see the club invest in a striker for the first team than put it into womens team.

What and the women's team can't repay that? Obviously you have been living under a rock for the last month, there is going to be so much more focus on women's football going forward and if Ipswich women's team want to progress we need to give the players the best opportunity to do so by paying them a wage that then stops the need for them to supplement it.
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:28 - Aug 2 with 3615 viewsBlueBadger

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:21 - Aug 2 by Bobsthename

We can afford both and should do both.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:29 - Aug 2 with 3602 viewsKesgrave_Exile

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:28 - Aug 2 by BlueBadger

We can afford both and should do both.

Exactly I don't see why we can't find both well.
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:32 - Aug 2 with 3577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Any idea what the pro contracts are worth?

I guess it's a tough balance for a loss making club. We probably invest more than most League 1 clubs?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:35 - Aug 2 with 3574 viewsFoD_Blue

The women's team play in a 12 team league with home gates of "more than 350" at £5 a ticket. So the income from ticket sales is less than 2k a week.

With attendances like that, I am surprised that Town have any professional players at all. They must be highly subsidising the women's team already.

I understand that it is an investment in the future of the women's game, but to make it more tempting for investors, they should really consider a change to the promotion/relegation rules. To have only one team gain promotion to the next level is a travesty.
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:38 - Aug 2 with 3547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:28 - Aug 2 by Kesgrave_Exile

What and the women's team can't repay that? Obviously you have been living under a rock for the last month, there is going to be so much more focus on women's football going forward and if Ipswich women's team want to progress we need to give the players the best opportunity to do so by paying them a wage that then stops the need for them to supplement it.

The best way for the players to earn more is for fans to go to matches.

350 fans won't go far towards paying the womens teams wages.

It prob needs some more speculative investment from the club, but also fans who followed the Lionesses need to carry that support on for ITFC women.

More fans will also attract more sponsorship.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:45 - Aug 2 with 3490 viewsMediocre_Quick

The top earner in the WSL is only on 47k a year, and any endorsement deals they have will be about 10% of the mens

I’d also translate your point to the SPFL, where anyone who doesn’t play for Rangers or Celtic, will earn a minuscule amount compared to that and a lot of them have side hustles to supplement their footballing wage

Much the same with the lower end League 2 teams and Conference sides

The dinosaur in you really is coming out isn’t it
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:46 - Aug 2 with 3452 viewsFrimleyBlue

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:45 - Aug 2 by Mediocre_Quick

The top earner in the WSL is only on 47k a year, and any endorsement deals they have will be about 10% of the mens

I’d also translate your point to the SPFL, where anyone who doesn’t play for Rangers or Celtic, will earn a minuscule amount compared to that and a lot of them have side hustles to supplement their footballing wage

Blimey. Throw in a few mill and you can have a fully firing superleague ladies team.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:46 - Aug 2 with 3454 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:45 - Aug 2 by Mediocre_Quick

£47k per year is the average in the WSL, not the top earner.

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:47 - Aug 2 with 3466 viewstextbackup

Fck it ill be honest, if we spent £500k on the ladies team, and missed out on buying a player to help the mens team I’d have the right arsehole.

And I say this as a dad of two girls that love to play and watch football too.

But my team is the Ipswich mens team, and I only care how they progress. Good luck to the ladies team, but not my worry
[Post edited 2 Aug 2022 20:11]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:54 - Aug 2 with 3416 viewspennblue

If they invest £500k into the ladies team, and they grow to a 10k attendance, all paying £20 per game + merch, it would be fairly low risk solid investment imo

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:59 - Aug 2 with 3384 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:54 - Aug 2 by pennblue

If they invest £500k into the ladies team, and they grow to a 10k attendance, all paying £20 per game + merch, it would be fairly low risk solid investment imo

10k crowds? Think that’s a long long long way off. Help if they actually played in Ipswich. Pitch concerns aside, get them playing at Portman Road

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:00 - Aug 2 with 3370 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:54 - Aug 2 by pennblue

That's a massive leap to 10k attendance and £20 per ticket.

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:02 - Aug 2 with 3360 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:59 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

10k crowds? Think that’s a long long long way off. Help if they actually played in Ipswich. Pitch concerns aside, get them playing at Portman Road

You would need much better attendances to make playing at PR worthwhile.

350 people in that stadium would be a terrible atmosphere, and wouldn't cover costs.

Big games at PR would be fair enough if a big crowd was expected.

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:05 - Aug 2 with 3320 viewsFrimleyBlue

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:02 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

You would need much better attendances to make playing at PR worthwhile.

350 people in that stadium would be a terrible atmosphere, and wouldn't cover costs.

Big games at PR would be fair enough if a big crowd was expected.

When the desso pitch goes in. They should do u18s followed by u23s followed by itfc ladies.

Waka waka eh eh

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:06 - Aug 2 with 3324 viewsVeggie

Just give them what we would have spent on Celina’s wages (at least 10k a week I imagine).
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:11 - Aug 2 with 3288 viewsKeno

Ipswich Town FC Womens Sponsorship by Keno 2 Aug 2022 8:03

I didn’t realise this was something you could do, so maybe after Sunday you might feel inspired to help?

https://www.itfcwomen.co.uk/true-blue.html?fbclid=IwAR2H9-O1MkETTjom8J9EwlygXRa2VGEKDuAPdWQPlhrwRV8oIefLpXKNV2Q

COYBs!!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:12 - Aug 2 with 3281 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:05 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

When the desso pitch goes in. They should do u18s followed by u23s followed by itfc ladies.

I just think it would be a terrible atmosphere with the ground 1% full.

Better atmosphere to have a smaller ground, but have it full.

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:13 - Aug 2 with 3258 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:11 - Aug 2 by Keno

Ipswich Town FC Womens Sponsorship by Keno 2 Aug 2022 8:03

I didn’t realise this was something you could do, so maybe after Sunday you might feel inspired to help?

https://www.itfcwomen.co.uk/true-blue.html?fbclid=IwAR2H9-O1MkETTjom8J9EwlygXRa2VGEKDuAPdWQPlhrwRV8oIefLpXKNV2Q

COYBs!!!

Exactly.

Can't expect the club to put money in if those fans calling for investment won't do the same.

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:15 - Aug 2 with 3243 viewstextbackup

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:05 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

Where do you suggest they’ll all get changed and showered?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:16 - Aug 2 with 3231 viewsFrimleyBlue

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:12 - Aug 2 by Marshalls_Mullet

I just think it would be a terrible atmosphere with the ground 1% full.

Better atmosphere to have a smaller ground, but have it full.

I actually thought they might have moved them in to fan zone area with a new pitch some 50 seater stands etc.

Waka waka eh eh

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:16 - Aug 2 with 3231 viewsBobsthename

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:28 - Aug 2 by Kesgrave_Exile

Nope i don’t want to watch woman’s football i would rather watch a decent youth game which nine times out of ten would be by far better entertainment i think this time next month hardly anyone will care about them winning that euro cup i’ve almost forgot it.
if you think the ladies team could pay back the millions the owners have invested in ITFC you are truely deluded.
ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:30 - Aug 2 with 3169 viewsSteve_M

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:16 - Aug 2 by Bobsthename

Nope i don’t want to watch woman’s football i would rather watch a decent youth game which nine times out of ten would be by far better entertainment i think this time next month hardly anyone will care about them winning that euro cup i’ve almost forgot it.
if you think the ladies team could pay back the millions the owners have invested in ITFC you are truely deluded.

Not as deluded as anyone who thinks that Sunday’s football will be quickly forgotten.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 20:31 - Aug 2 with 3164 viewsSwansea_Blue

ITFC Natasha Thomas on having to work full time even though she is pro player on 19:35 - Aug 2 by FoD_Blue

The women's team play in a 12 team league with home gates of "more than 350" at £5 a ticket. So the income from ticket sales is less than 2k a week.

With attendances like that, I am surprised that Town have any professional players at all. They must be highly subsidising the women's team already.

I understand that it is an investment in the future of the women's game, but to make it more tempting for investors, they should really consider a change to the promotion/relegation rules. To have only one team gain promotion to the next level is a travesty.

Gate receipts wouldn’t touch the sides of the men’s team either. Evans also subsidised the club to the tune of about £90m during his time, so there’s certainly a precedent for that. TV revenue is presumably an issue for the girls- hopefully that will change now, but suspect we’re not in a big enough league to benefit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024