Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loaning out Ndaba again 19:18 - Aug 2 with 2445 viewsringwoodblue

I see that EADT is reporting that Humphrys and Ndaba might be going out on loan. Although I totally get why it would make sense for Humphrys, I’m not so sure about Ndaba as imho he should be staying and fighting for a starting place at least in the Cup games and certainly in front of players who are not naturally central defenders.

What do you all think?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:19 - Aug 2 with 2188 viewsFrimleyBlue

Well he's not going to get in front if burgess yet. Davis can also play lcb if needed too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:21 - Aug 2 with 2215 viewsPhilTWTD

He didn't really say that. He was asked whether he was looking at loaning them out in the same manner as Elkan Baggott but said essentially each player's situation would be judged individually. I don't really see much likelihood of Ndaba going out on loan, or Humphreys for that matter as we've got quite a few cup matches coming up.

McKenna: We Believe in Looking at What's Right For Their Development 29th Jul 2022 16:23
Young defender Corrie Ndaba signed a new three-year contract earlier in the week, with the club having an option for a further season, and manager Kieran McKenna has been speaking about the season ahead for the Irishman and also for midfielder Cameron Humphreys. 5

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:24 - Aug 2 with 2160 viewsArnieM

I think it’s easy to try and bring young players into senior squad too soon. Maybe another season ( half season?) at a different club might help complete their education re the game in general. They’ve been happy to sign contract extensions so I’d say it’s pretty sound.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:31 - Aug 2 with 2102 viewsSheffordBlue

There's a really good section (from 1 hour 9 minutes) in this interview with Adem Atay and Kieron Dyer where they talk about loans and young players and the perils and pitfalls of do they go or do they stay.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:39 - Aug 2 with 2032 viewsFrimleyBlue

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:31 - Aug 2 by SheffordBlue

There's a really good section (from 1 hour 9 minutes) in this interview with Adem Atay and Kieron Dyer where they talk about loans and young players and the perils and pitfalls of do they go or do they stay.

My concern with Any youngsters staying tbh is when are they actually going to get a run and stay in the side..

As soon as the first choice player is back. They'll lose their place. Is that good for confidence?

These youngsters we have. Are any of them going to take the shirt from our backline or midfield.... no chance.

KM and his davis inclusion is a bit of an inside view of his mentality on selection and this imo will stop much progression in all honesty for the youngsters as they'll always just be replaced for a preferred other option.

Waka waka eh eh

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:45 - Aug 2 with 1987 viewsSheffordBlue

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:39 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

My concern with Any youngsters staying tbh is when are they actually going to get a run and stay in the side..

As soon as the first choice player is back. They'll lose their place. Is that good for confidence?

These youngsters we have. Are any of them going to take the shirt from our backline or midfield.... no chance.

KM and his davis inclusion is a bit of an inside view of his mentality on selection and this imo will stop much progression in all honesty for the youngsters as they'll always just be replaced for a preferred other option.

I think the plan will be to play both of them in the Colchester game and the Papa Johns ones. Humphreys will get probably get some minutes off the bench against certain teams in the league. Maybe from there he'll seal his place - who knows. Revisit in January when we know where we are at.

I think if the right offer comes in for Burgess that would give hime first team football and gie us a fee then he'll go which leaves a place open for Ndaba. They wouldn't have just offered him a new contract if they didn't have a plan for him.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:48 - Aug 2 with 1962 viewsFrimleyBlue

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:45 - Aug 2 by SheffordBlue

I think the plan will be to play both of them in the Colchester game and the Papa Johns ones. Humphreys will get probably get some minutes off the bench against certain teams in the league. Maybe from there he'll seal his place - who knows. Revisit in January when we know where we are at.

I think if the right offer comes in for Burgess that would give hime first team football and gie us a fee then he'll go which leaves a place open for Ndaba. They wouldn't have just offered him a new contract if they didn't have a plan for him.

The plan could absolutely go either way

Player trading could also be at hand here too. Sell youngsters based on potential. It's definitely something Ashton has a very good record at.

Hopefully it's as you say tho and a plan of first team football in the future.

Waka waka eh eh

Loaning out Ndaba again on 08:55 - Aug 3 with 1529 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think it’s very easy to forget that Town have spent three years struggling as a mid-table third division club .

That’s a very low bar to loan players out under - even if you ignore the previous decade of decline in the Championship.

It’s an idiotic, self-harming policy - even more do now that a five sub rule puts players in reach of the first team

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Loaning out Ndaba again on 08:59 - Aug 3 with 1518 viewsKeno

Loaning out Ndaba again on 08:55 - Aug 3 by ElephantintheRoom

I think it’s very easy to forget that Town have spent three years struggling as a mid-table third division club .

That’s a very low bar to loan players out under - even if you ignore the previous decade of decline in the Championship.

It’s an idiotic, self-harming policy - even more do now that a five sub rule puts players in reach of the first team

Morning Happy!!!

How are you today?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:08 - Aug 3 with 1487 viewsMullet

Loaning out Ndaba again on 19:21 - Aug 2 by PhilTWTD

He didn't really say that. He was asked whether he was looking at loaning them out in the same manner as Elkan Baggott but said essentially each player's situation would be judged individually. I don't really see much likelihood of Ndaba going out on loan, or Humphreys for that matter as we've got quite a few cup matches coming up.

McKenna: We Believe in Looking at What's Right For Their Development 29th Jul 2022 16:23
Young defender Corrie Ndaba signed a new three-year contract earlier in the week, with the club having an option for a further season, and manager Kieran McKenna has been speaking about the season ahead for the Irishman and also for midfielder Cameron Humphreys. 5

Would be good if every cup game those players are definite starters. Do you see any departures in the next day or two before FGR?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:48 - Aug 3 with 1372 viewsmarkchips

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:08 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Would be good if every cup game those players are definite starters. Do you see any departures in the next day or two before FGR?

Not sure McKenna is that keen on Burgess so possibly could be sold.He certainly keeps players sweet with his comments but then they are gone.

Norwood , Bonne, Celina, Bakinson to name but four.

I expect Ndaba may be loaned out with a recall. Humphries is an interesting one as there is clear ability but we don't want to wreck him like Mccarthy did with teddy Bishop.
Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:55 - Aug 3 with 1328 viewsMullet

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:48 - Aug 3 by markchips

Not sure McKenna is that keen on Burgess so possibly could be sold.He certainly keeps players sweet with his comments but then they are gone.

Norwood , Bonne, Celina, Bakinson to name but four.

I expect Ndaba may be loaned out with a recall. Humphries is an interesting one as there is clear ability but we don't want to wreck him like Mccarthy did with teddy Bishop.

You're gonna have to explain that last bit to me like I'm 5.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:56 - Aug 3 with 1319 viewsJDB23

I’d be disappointed if Humphreys went out on loan tbh. He offers something different to our other midfielders and can see him having an impact this year. I’d like to see him hit double figure appearances if he can show he’s up to it, especially with 5 subs.

Not sure Ndaba is quite ready to play a large amount of games for us but we don’t have much cover at CB so can see him staying also.
Loaning out Ndaba again on 10:05 - Aug 3 with 1236 viewsWallingford_Boy

Humphreys - definitely, Ndaba - no chance. He will be playing 1st team games this season, VERY highly rated.

RIP Sir Bobby

Loaning out Ndaba again on 10:11 - Aug 3 with 1200 viewsITFC_RDM

Absolutely no way you can let him go out on loan. We play 3 at the back and that would leave us with 1 option to cover 3 positions & then nothing after that.

Also Can't see any chance of Humphreys being let go, unless we bring someone in.
We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 1185 viewsunstableblue

-------------------------Walton / Hdalky
--------Donacien/None-Wolf/Burgess-Edmundson
Burns/KVY--------------------------------------Leif/Leigh
-----------Evans/Ball/El Miz----Morsy/Humphreys/Harper
----------------Chaplin/Aluko--------Harness/JJ/Edwards
------------------------------Ladapo/Jackson

I've put them in order of preference... I only see Harper and El Miz going out... Ndaba is needed, especially for cup games
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 10:42]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 1166 viewsBeckets

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:17 - Aug 3 by unstableblue

I've put them in order of preference... I only see Harper and El Miz going out... Ndaba is needed, especially for cup games

You’ve missed Edwards
Loaning out Ndaba again on 10:24 - Aug 3 with 1139 viewsjayessess

Don't see either of those happening really, feel like the EADT have spun some very vague stuff about player developments into something a bit juicier than it is.

There's no rush for Humphreys to get first team football at his age. First team training and 10-15 appearances (more if he really kicks on) is fine for him. It's also difficult to place players his age in EFL loan moves.

Ndaba's had a good loan move in League 2, he doesn't need another one, he needs to progressively get involved with our first team.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:24 - Aug 3 with 1137 viewsmarkchips

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:19 - Aug 3 by Beckets

You’ve missed Edwards

He's been missing for over a season.
We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:26 - Aug 3 with 1131 viewsMookamoo

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:17 - Aug 3 by unstableblue

Poor Mr Penney
Loaning out Ndaba again on 10:32 - Aug 3 with 1079 viewsPhilTWTD

Loaning out Ndaba again on 09:08 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Not impossible Idris could go out on loan, although I've heard nothing specific. Don't think anyone else in or around the first-team squad is likely to go out at the moment. I think Penney will go if and when they get an offer.
My bad have amended - still think he has a role to play this season (n/t) on 10:42 - Aug 3 with 1032 viewsunstableblue

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:19 - Aug 3 by Beckets

You’ve missed Edwards

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 1024 viewsunstableblue

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:26 - Aug 3 by Mookamoo

Poor Mr Penney

I described Penney as terrible recently, which was harsh and incorrect, he's not a bad player... he just does not excel at either defending, or attacking...

He actually has a good cross on him.. and has scored... but lacks the necessary energy, fight and really quality to improve Town, he weakens the team, but not threatening the left side, or being a rock at the back

Leif and Leigh are huge steps forward... and the one who is not playing from these two should be on the bench and playing the cup games... so Penney is out of the picture, despite his huge picture in the tunnel.

Or have I got this all wrong?

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:54 - Aug 3 with 981 viewsDJR

Given the position he played in against Millwall, I think McKenna sees Edwards as cover for Burns but he could also be cover for Chaplin/Aluko. In other words, I sense McK would play him on the right.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 10:55]
We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 11:19 - Aug 3 with 884 viewsMookamoo

We need a back up 22 for injury cover and cup games - see team on 10:45 - Aug 3 by unstableblue

I described Penney as terrible recently, which was harsh and incorrect, he's not a bad player... he just does not excel at either defending, or attacking...

He actually has a good cross on him.. and has scored... but lacks the necessary energy, fight and really quality to improve Town, he weakens the team, but not threatening the left side, or being a rock at the back

Leif and Leigh are huge steps forward... and the one who is not playing from these two should be on the bench and playing the cup games... so Penney is out of the picture, despite his huge picture in the tunnel.

Or have I got this all wrong?

He is not terrible, just not good enough.

One argument for allowing a Nbada loan is having Ball, Davis and Burgess as the back 3 cover, and having Penney back up Leigh. Not saying that is the right thing to do, just a way round it without having to bring anyone else in.

Personally I think Nbada has a real future and should be ready to step in for Donacien or Woolfenden and leave Burgess to cover Edmundson. That way keep the same energy across the back 3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024