Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United 09:28 - Aug 3 with 1795 viewsGeoffSentence

When McKenna took over as manager following his time at Manchester United I thought it would be a dead cert that we would be taking one or two young Manchester United players on loan. Here we are deep into his second transfer window and so far I have been proven wrong.

Upon reflection, I think this is a good thing. Previous managers we have had have reached straight for their address book and called in a few old buddies.

This looks like a sign of a more thoughtful approach to signings to me.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:31 - Aug 3 with 1750 viewsMediocre_Quick

Window is still open for another 28 days, United are still yet to make some impactful signings,

Wouldn't be surprised as we get to the end of the window if we didn't look to the loan market again if we can't secure our top targets, and I wouldn't rule out anyone from United coming in either
So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:37 - Aug 3 with 1710 viewsGeoffSentence

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:31 - Aug 3 by Mediocre_Quick

Window is still open for another 28 days, United are still yet to make some impactful signings,

Wouldn't be surprised as we get to the end of the window if we didn't look to the loan market again if we can't secure our top targets, and I wouldn't rule out anyone from United coming in either

I wouldn't rule it out either, but it is safe to say he has not taken the safe approach of going straight to people he as previously known and worked with.

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:38 - Aug 3 with 1705 viewsMullet

United are still in a mess, although I had to listen to a load of reds bemoaning their fortunes last night with a grin on my face.

It also presupposes there is a youth player who fits what we need. Taking on a kid as the main man up front would be a huge gamble and anyone good enough would likely go higher up.

We've sorted LB and beyond that, would a kid as a reserve keeper so we can sell Hladky make sense?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:48 - Aug 3 with 1624 viewsKeno

Just pointing out that the Ronaldo link hasn't been denied

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 11:03 - Aug 3 with 1422 viewsDMDC

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:38 - Aug 3 by Mullet

United are still in a mess, although I had to listen to a load of reds bemoaning their fortunes last night with a grin on my face.

It also presupposes there is a youth player who fits what we need. Taking on a kid as the main man up front would be a huge gamble and anyone good enough would likely go higher up.

We've sorted LB and beyond that, would a kid as a reserve keeper so we can sell Hladky make sense?

Tend to agree, we need players to get us out this league,not kids who would be under pressure to perform. We have more time for that if we are in the Championship. Right now we need people who can hit the ground running, not youngsters.
So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 11:29 - Aug 3 with 1343 viewsOriginalMarkyP

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:48 - Aug 3 by Keno

You just know if Ronaldo came here, he'd play one game and be awesome...next game he'd do his cruciate and then retire from football.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 11:31 - Aug 3 with 1335 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 11:29 - Aug 3 by OriginalMarkyP

You just know if Ronaldo came here, he'd play one game and be awesome...next game he'd do his cruciate and then retire from football.

That would be a shame.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 12:44 - Aug 3 with 1213 viewsBlueBadger

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 11:29 - Aug 3 by OriginalMarkyP

At his age, he can't afford to keep throwing himself to the ground, he'll do his hip.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 13:29 - Aug 3 with 1074 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it just symptomatic of Man Utd not being that good anymore? None of their players would improve us.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 13:40 - Aug 3 with 1048 viewsjayessess

Finding the right loan targets was always going to be tricky for us. The venn diagram of players who are better than we can recruit permanently but not good enough for a Championship team is pretty small. Good chance nobody currently at Manchester United falls into it.

That calculus will change if we go up I think.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 13:41 - Aug 3 with 1040 viewschicoazul

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 13:29 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Isn't it just symptomatic of Man Utd not being that good anymore? None of their players would improve us.

Errrrmmmm….

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:00 - Aug 3 with 1001 viewstivo

We want Championship quality players in League 1.

Man Utd will want them to be playing in the Championship not League 1
So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:07 - Aug 3 with 985 viewsGeoffSentence

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:00 - Aug 3 by tivo

We want Championship quality players in League 1.

Man Utd will want them to be playing in the Championship not League 1

A valid point indeed, but I reckon it being McKenna who was after a player would make a difference.

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:18 - Aug 3 with 965 viewsMookamoo

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:38 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Charlie McNeill is one that could work. Only possible because he just out of nappies.

He is the real deal though.
So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:27 - Aug 3 with 935 viewsKropotkin123

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 09:48 - Aug 3 by Keno

He's been pushing to get away from Manchester United all summer. At a certain point you just need to relax and trust the process.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:37 - Aug 3 with 905 viewsjayessess

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 14:18 - Aug 3 by Mookamoo

Charlie McNeill is one that could work. Only possible because he just out of nappies.

He is the real deal though.

We weren't in for Dane Scarlett, whose development is streets ahead at the moment, can't see that we'd be in for McNeill.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 14:39]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 16:37 - Aug 3 with 752 viewsFrimleyBlue

Phil Jones being offered out.......

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 16:48 - Aug 3 with 713 viewsOldsmoker

So far we have signed no-one from Manchester United on 13:29 - Aug 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024