Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darragh MacAnthony 11:57 - Aug 3 with 795 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Seems to repeat a lot of things said to him in the context of a telephone call. I'm not sure how much detail I would ever actually give him.

Either that or I would tell him something, knowing he would talk about it later, especially if that thing getting out improved my position.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Darragh MacAnthony on 12:01 - Aug 3 with 749 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The worst part of the summer is reading that he's decided it's time to talk about Town again. So much to say, so little worth saying.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Darragh MacAnthony on 12:07 - Aug 3 with 697 viewsitfcjoe

His podcast is a really good listen, just have to take bits with a pinch of salt

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Darragh MacAnthony on 12:11 - Aug 3 with 648 viewsNthQldITFC

Good of Mac Antony to Caesar moment to shut up that Pompey idiot!

(copy of my waffle from the news section, please forgive)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Darragh MacAnthony on 12:18 - Aug 3 with 580 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes it's certainly nice to hear that the Chairman of another club thinks we're well run. That's good to hear. And he's having a go at agents too. For both of these reasons, I can see why our fans are making positive noises about this statement.

However, he's repeating stuff that was said in a private phone call as to what our strategy is, which I'm not sure is great, and doesn't build trust. Ashton gets it right in my view. He's open enough with us to let us know what's going on, without either blabbing about what others are saying on the phone, or revealing to selling clubs the size of our budget.

I like Ashton's suggestion, however, as to this three-party phone call. Firstly it means everyone knows what's going on and won't have the wool pulled, and secondly the very suggestion of it shows that he's not someone who can be easily led up the garden path.

The most obvious illustration of what MacAnthony is saying about us not paying silly wages is discontinuing our interest in Celina. Presumably the money just would have been too much. I love him as a player, but there needs to be financial discipline. Investing a decent sum in a transfer fee for a top league one striker whilst not blowing the wage structure I think would be a reasonable use of funds. We have to score more goals, and our recent style is to try to buy appreciating assets. All sensible stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024