Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When the striker signs 12:17 - Aug 3 with 3205 viewsGarv

Whether it's Hirst* or not, are we assuming Jackson will be the one to drop out the squad?
We already have Edwards and KVY missing out on squads.

I still can't help thinking it was an odd decision to keep Jackson, despite his brief spell of form last season.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 12:26]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

When the striker signs on 14:53 - Aug 3 with 651 viewsWallingford_Boy

YES!

RIP Sir Bobby

When the striker signs on 15:07 - Aug 3 with 613 viewsHighgateBlue

When the striker signs on 13:54 - Aug 3 by StokieBlue

He's been no worse than any of our other forwards whilst generally being played out of position and expected to provide for others.

You just said he was better at the end of last season when playing under McKenna so why is it fortunate McKenna offered him a new deal?

SB

Do you think that McKenna has been playing him out of position?
When the striker signs on 15:28 - Aug 3 with 565 viewsStadiumofdark

When the striker signs on 13:18 - Aug 3 by textbackup

When you say good, what exactly did he do in your eyes that was good?

I saw two direct runs into the defender, and chased down the keeper.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed.

There was also the time where he could have had a run to stretch them, but decided to stop, dwell on the ball, then pass it backwards.
When the striker signs on 15:36 - Aug 3 with 514 viewsStokieBlue

When the striker signs on 15:07 - Aug 3 by HighgateBlue

Do you think that McKenna has been playing him out of position?

Lovely leading question.

McKenna has played him both through the centre and out wide although when he's done that it's been with a clear plan which fits into the structure of the team. That wasn't the case under Lambert once he shifted him wide or Cook so perhaps more precisely when he was played out of the centre it was without an adequate plan.

Care to opine on Jackson yourself?

SB
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 15:39]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When the striker signs on 15:41 - Aug 3 with 502 viewsCoastalblue

I think Jackon's going to be frustrating about half a dozen board members for a long while yet, while most of the rest of us can see what he offers, what he does and appreciate it without having to ask others all the time.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

When the striker signs on 20:26 - Aug 3 with 399 viewsBigCommon

Jackson has already seen off Norwood, Piggot and Bonne... Can't see why some don't think he'll feature that much this season?
Shame he got injured when he did. As it looked like his confidence was growing..It might take a few games to get back that confidence again.
He's an unselfish runner, good movement, always busy, with lightning pace ,when fully fit and confident. On top of that, KM has often praised his attitude...
I can see him getting loads of minutes off the bench, when games are stretched. Perhaps starting some when KM thinks it's tactically right. Regardless of us signing another ST.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024