Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai 12:29 - Aug 3 with 1667 viewsdominiciawful

A man of refined tastes.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 12:45 - Aug 3 with 1622 viewsBlueBadger

'Holidays in Dubai' is a red flag up there with 'is a big fan of Elon Musk'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 12:54 - Aug 3 with 1579 viewsArnieM

OP: …….. And loads of money . How the other half live eh !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 14:13 - Aug 3 with 1473 viewshoppy

But also spends a lot of time in Peterborough... so there's a flip side to everything...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 14:14 - Aug 3 with 1468 viewsdominiciawful

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 14:13 - Aug 3 by hoppy

But also spends a lot of time in Peterborough... so there's a flip side to everything...

I’d almost rather Peterborough.

Okay, I’d definitely rather Dubai, but I’d definitely rather Ashton’s choice of Croatia.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:16 - Aug 3 with 1406 viewsBlueBadger

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 14:14 - Aug 3 by dominiciawful

I’d almost rather Peterborough.

Okay, I’d definitely rather Dubai, but I’d definitely rather Ashton’s choice of Croatia.

Obviously, I've never been, but I genuinely don't get the appeal of Dubai. Everything Ive read and seen suggests its high rise hellhole of wannabe footballers going shopping that's run by religious fundamentalists loons.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:38 - Aug 3 with 1354 viewsMeadowlark

Don't know who it is but "holidays" as a verb is slightly disturbing.....
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 1257 viewsVeggie

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 12:45 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

Not really considering Musk is aiming to save the planet. Dubai and it’s inhabitants clearly couldn’t give two figs.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 17:38]
I've been.... on 17:39 - Aug 3 with 1240 viewsBloots

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:16 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

Obviously, I've never been, but I genuinely don't get the appeal of Dubai. Everything Ive read and seen suggests its high rise hellhole of wannabe footballers going shopping that's run by religious fundamentalists loons.

....it's crap.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

I've been.... on 18:28 - Aug 3 with 1202 viewsDanTheMan

I've been.... on 17:39 - Aug 3 by Bloots

....it's crap.

I really don't understand the appeal. I'm sure it could be fun as a millionaire but then I imagine lots of other places are even more fun as a millionaire.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 18:47 - Aug 3 with 1173 viewsibbleobble

It’s grim. I’ve got a lot of institutionalised friends there who go from air conditioned shopping mall to high-end chain restaurant to bland hotel bar. If you like anything with character, Dubai is the last place you’ll want to visit.
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 19:02 - Aug 3 with 1154 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've never seen the appeal. I've been a few time to various Emirate/Middle East places. I've always found them interesting in small doses and good for short stopovers on the way somewhere else, but wouldn't want my whole holiday there. But then I'm not intersted in the big hotel/pool/beach type holidays with people thinking they're flash dicks everywhere. (I didn't like Vegas for the same reasons).

Abu Dhabi was I think the last place I went, but a while ago now. I think I've got that right -we had a tour of the Grand Prix circuit, but the highlight was the Grand Mosque (newly opened, as this was yonks ago in 2009), so yeah that must have been Abu Dhabi. The old towns have always been the most interesting bits to me. I couldn't be stuck in a hotel for a couple of weeks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 20:00 - Aug 3 with 1087 viewsJ2BLUE

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:38 - Aug 3 by Meadowlark

Don't know who it is but "holidays" as a verb is slightly disturbing.....

Better than holibobs though. That is truly infuriating.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 13:21 - Aug 4 with 904 viewsIpswichKnight

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 12:45 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

Add Crypto fan into that for added bonus
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 13:26 - Aug 4 with 882 viewseastangliaisblue

I haven't been either (nor do I want to) and completely agree with you. It has no appeal whatsoever. Add Las Vegas to that list too.
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 13:43 - Aug 4 with 859 viewsitfcjoe

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 19:02 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

I've never seen the appeal. I've been a few time to various Emirate/Middle East places. I've always found them interesting in small doses and good for short stopovers on the way somewhere else, but wouldn't want my whole holiday there. But then I'm not intersted in the big hotel/pool/beach type holidays with people thinking they're flash dicks everywhere. (I didn't like Vegas for the same reasons).

Abu Dhabi was I think the last place I went, but a while ago now. I think I've got that right -we had a tour of the Grand Prix circuit, but the highlight was the Grand Mosque (newly opened, as this was yonks ago in 2009), so yeah that must have been Abu Dhabi. The old towns have always been the most interesting bits to me. I couldn't be stuck in a hotel for a couple of weeks.

I quite like it, been a few times but not for a few years.

Can usually get a good deal and you know when you get there you will get great food, great service, great facilities and great weather.

It's not somewhere with huge amounts of culture, or a place to wander and discover things - but if you like shopping, some old markets, and want a holiday where you know exactly what you will get from it then it works - a very safe choice.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:06 - Aug 4 with 768 viewsIpswichKnight

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 13:26 - Aug 4 by eastangliaisblue

I haven't been either (nor do I want to) and completely agree with you. It has no appeal whatsoever. Add Las Vegas to that list too.

I don’t mind Vegas ( might help that last time I made around $300 on blackjack). It’s not too dissimilar to Dubai in good shopping and restaurants, added bonus is that you can get out to places like Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon can be done as well from there.
Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:08 - Aug 4 with 764 viewseastangliaisblue

Darragh MacAnthony holidays in Dubai on 15:06 - Aug 4 by IpswichKnight

I don’t mind Vegas ( might help that last time I made around $300 on blackjack). It’s not too dissimilar to Dubai in good shopping and restaurants, added bonus is that you can get out to places like Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon can be done as well from there.

I'd love to see all those places mentioned, just not Vegas!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024