Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Archie Battersbee case 13:24 - Aug 3 with 2387 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

As horrible as it is, the doctors say he can't be saved/there's no chance of recovery, and you have to feel they know more or what they're talking about than the family, who say they "believe" he can get better.

A previous High Court ruling heard "every bodily function is now maintained by artificial means", while another heard he had not "regained awareness at any time".

It's hard to take emotion out of it - and obviously I can't possibly put myself in their position - but there comes a point where you have to accept the experts, surely?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This Archie Battersbee case on 17:49 - Aug 3 with 392 viewsfactual_blue

This Archie Battersbee case on 17:07 - Aug 3 by BlueBadger

At the risk of sounding cold, he's not dying, he's dead. In brainstem death, everything that makes you you is gone. All that's happening now is that the poor lads corpse is being kept artificially going.

As I saw it up the other day 'they're not keeping him alive, they're stopping him from dying.'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This Archie Battersbee case on 17:52 - Aug 3 with 384 viewsfactual_blue

This Archie Battersbee case on 17:14 - Aug 3 by jeera

Quite.

Awful and still completely understandable the parents can't accept it.

Their heads must be spinning constantly and the recent past must be torturous.

Dunno what else to add really except that people need to be a understanding and patient no matter how irrational they may seem.

*not aimed at you or anyone in particular, more the world in general.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are people thinking the parents are desperate to hide something.

I doubt very much that is the case, but you can see how it could be a plausible view of things.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see an exclusive in, say, the daily mail when this is all over, with the parents handing over the fee to the organisation representing them (which isn't a charity btw).

This Archie Battersbee case on 18:01 - Aug 3 with 360 viewsgtsb1966

Was listening to others who have had to make decisions like this on the Jeremy Vine radio show. It was heartbreaking until some idiot compared it to having a sick dog who you would put down if no hope. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
This Archie Battersbee case on 20:22 - Aug 3 with 307 viewsfactual_blue

The ECHR has, unsurprisingly, rejected the CLC's approach to them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024