Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Nations Lawns. 13:29 - Aug 3 with 2096 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

My lawn mower thinks it’s been made redundant. It’s now nearly 6 weeks since I earned anything from grass cutting, although still very busy with other gardening tasks. Commercial mowers are expensive, need regular maintenance and can be fairly thirsty beasts.
Seriously considering cutting out the mowing jobs next year and focusing on a more selective gardening strategy. This very dry spell is nothing new and is becoming much more frequent which is making planning jobs rather tricky.
Is it time to for alternatives to lawns.
Thoughts fellow gardeners.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

The Nations Lawns. on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 443 viewsDubtractor

The Nations Lawns. on 20:30 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's twice you told me that now. The same number of times you sponsored me!

Did I sponsor you? Pretty certain I did, but please say if I didn't, and I'll remedy it!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The Nations Lawns. on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 429 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Nations Lawns. on 20:32 - Aug 3 by Dubtractor

Did I sponsor you? Pretty certain I did, but please say if I didn't, and I'll remedy it!

Definitely not

.....apart from the time 5 months ago.

Edit....final tally
Donation summary

Total raised£879.71+ £197.18 Gift Aid

Blame Zombers for the weird pennies!
All raised by the good folk on here.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 20:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Nations Lawns. on 20:49 - Aug 3 with 402 viewsLord_Lucan

The Nations Lawns. on 20:30 - Aug 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's twice you told me that now. The same number of times you sponsored me!

Yes, dear reader.

I am in pain to say that I sponsored Stevey on his leisurely walk thing as soon as he announced his charity grab.

Unfortunately due to misuse of alcohol and chemicals my memory is shot and I bloody sponsored him again on the day of his stroll.

Actually, looking at the bloody thing I think I account for 10% of the fecking donations.

……..and still my wife’s bush remains out of control and right wing Steve refuses to help.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Nations Lawns. on 21:20 - Aug 3 with 384 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Nations Lawns. on 20:49 - Aug 3 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, dear reader.

I am in pain to say that I sponsored Stevey on his leisurely walk thing as soon as he announced his charity grab.

Unfortunately due to misuse of alcohol and chemicals my memory is shot and I bloody sponsored him again on the day of his stroll.

Actually, looking at the bloody thing I think I account for 10% of the fecking donations.

……..and still my wife’s bush remains out of control and right wing Steve refuses to help.

Now I understand why you got the plumber in!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Nations Lawns. on 21:27 - Aug 3 with 381 viewsPhilTWTD

The Nations Lawns. on 15:56 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I was talked out of artificial grass by TWTD a year or so ago.

To be fair, you asked whether you should smoke it.
The Nations Lawns. on 22:02 - Aug 3 with 352 viewsringwoodblue

I dunno about others on here but I really enjoy cutting my lawn, it’s quite cathartic and its nice to have a tidy green oasis to look out on. This weather has spoilt that bit of enjoyment and the lawn looks completely knackered and probably won’t recover this year until the autumn.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

The Nations Lawns. on 22:13 - Aug 3 with 342 viewsBarcaBlue

The Nations Lawns. on 14:38 - Aug 3 by Illinoisblue

The petrol and/or electric used to power mowers and not to mention the tonnes of chemicals sprayed and poured to kill weeds and keep real lawns looking green is not great for the environment either.

I was watching my neighbour using a scythe on his grass yesterday. Took him about 10 minutes and was beautiful to watch. He's in his 80s and the skill was mesmerising. I was thinking about asking him to give me some lessons but I haven't got a front garden to practise on.
The Nations Lawns. on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 279 viewsLord_Lucan

The Nations Lawns. on 22:02 - Aug 3 by ringwoodblue

I dunno about others on here but I really enjoy cutting my lawn, it’s quite cathartic and its nice to have a tidy green oasis to look out on. This weather has spoilt that bit of enjoyment and the lawn looks completely knackered and probably won’t recover this year until the autumn.

My lawnmowers over the years have mirrored my age in life.

Take my current and almost definitely my dying in property.

Initially I had a go kart type mower and I used to pull a young RKD along the back of it on a sledge, next I took up golf again and I bought a big Suffolk Punch beast with a heavy roller so I could make my lawn look like a stripy putting green.

Nowadays I have an old man type generic thing that is easy to use but leaves the lawn looking a bit meh

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024