Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk commentary 20:22 - Aug 3 with 1355 viewsTerra_Farma

Sorry lads, this has probably been discussed on earlier threads, but what's the crack with Brenner Woolley?

Has he left us for good?

Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:28 - Aug 3 with 1292 viewsVeggie

As I understand it, we have chosen to provide our own commentary rather than use Radio Suffolk’s radio. I think it’s a step towards leaving ifollow and creating ‘Town TV’. Brenner is still doing the radio commentary.

Seems a bit unnecessary to me. Brenner is a thorough and competent commentator. I’ve not heard our chap, but initial reports weren’t great.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 20:30]
Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 1270 viewsSitfcB

He’s still on Radio Suffolk but ITFC have gone in-house now so they can do advertising.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 1259 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Having moved away from Suffolk, I’m really not a fan of this move. When I can’t get back for games I’ll often buy an iFollow audio pass, and hearing Brenner instantly took me back to Suffolk and made me feel at home.
Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:47 - Aug 3 with 1213 viewsTerra_Farma

Cheers lads.

I like Brenner, I know he has his critics, but I think he is a decent commentator.
Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:54 - Aug 3 with 1178 viewsjeera

Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:47 - Aug 3 by Terra_Farma

Cheers lads.

I like Brenner, I know he has his critics, but I think he is a decent commentator.

If you want a bit more context there's a couple of threads knocking about which will give you the general mood:

I follow audio by blueislander 1 Aug 2022 13:50
I have had a response from the club to my complaint about the IFollow audio commentary. They admit that this was a commercial decision, , but stated that the commentator is talented, and will eventually get it right. I replied that the amount of money involved is minimal in relation to the club’s overall budget, and asked what experience the commentator has, and how long is “eventually” I urged them to reconsider their decision, and put the fans first.

A number have sent emails to the club and the reply is in the thread too along with some reaction from us herberts!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Radio Suffolk commentary on 21:07 - Aug 3 with 1133 viewsSitfcB

Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:54 - Aug 3 by jeera

If you want a bit more context there's a couple of threads knocking about which will give you the general mood:

I follow audio by blueislander 1 Aug 2022 13:50
I have had a response from the club to my complaint about the IFollow audio commentary. They admit that this was a commercial decision, , but stated that the commentator is talented, and will eventually get it right. I replied that the amount of money involved is minimal in relation to the club’s overall budget, and asked what experience the commentator has, and how long is “eventually” I urged them to reconsider their decision, and put the fans first.

A number have sent emails to the club and the reply is in the thread too along with some reaction from us herberts!

And this is the reply from the marketing and fan engagement director…

The jist of it is that they forgot to inform the commentator that there was an audio only option and when they did tell him after the game he said oh he has lots of experience in radio so should be different the next game.

The commentary overlapping was an EFL and media partner issue.

Ifollow and big screen comments addressed by SitfcB 3 Aug 2022 18:18
Good ten minute video here with the supporter engagement and marketing director…

The club basically forgot to tell the commentator there was an audio only feed!

https://twitter.com/eadtsport24/status/1554875492817408012?s=21&t=Oir4ue1il-45LKRz15TmWw

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Radio Suffolk commentary on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1107 viewsjeera

Radio Suffolk commentary on 21:07 - Aug 3 by SitfcB

And this is the reply from the marketing and fan engagement director…

The jist of it is that they forgot to inform the commentator that there was an audio only option and when they did tell him after the game he said oh he has lots of experience in radio so should be different the next game.

The commentary overlapping was an EFL and media partner issue.

Ifollow and big screen comments addressed by SitfcB 3 Aug 2022 18:18
Good ten minute video here with the supporter engagement and marketing director…

The club basically forgot to tell the commentator there was an audio only feed!

https://twitter.com/eadtsport24/status/1554875492817408012?s=21&t=Oir4ue1il-45LKRz15TmWw

We all knew the initial double feed was a tech issue and a teething problem so that's neither here nor there.

But I hadn't seen your post/tweet. Ta.

The commentator wasn't briefed on his job? That's not entirely reassuring.

Blimey. Looking forward to an improvement then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Radio Suffolk commentary on 08:40 - Aug 4 with 729 viewsHullblue

Radio Suffolk commentary on 20:36 - Aug 3 by Matt_Netherlands

Having moved away from Suffolk, I’m really not a fan of this move. When I can’t get back for games I’ll often buy an iFollow audio pass, and hearing Brenner instantly took me back to Suffolk and made me feel at home.

Exactly how I feel. Nothing against the new guy, just love RS match days and watching on Ifollow with their commentary was great.

Also think they’ll find it impossible to find someone of a similar quality to Mick Mills as the co-commentator.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024