Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TT back claiming the take over news 23:00 - Aug 3 with 10723 viewsgreyhound

I care very little but 2 things have irked me.

I've specifically said there won't be wild amounts of money to keep throwing around, it not the operating model.

I was able to fairly accurately announce the take over.

Ive given up bashing TT because its boring but I would love to correct them on twitter... Only it will out me, so that's annoying.

Unfortunately there's an army of fans that now see them as gospel.

Have noticed they are making a concerted effort to cross promote though now which is good for the fan base, however I'm not sure that favour will ever be returned due to previously burned bridges.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 23:08]
TT back claiming the take over news on 15:27 - Aug 4 with 1323 viewsMetal_Hacker

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:10 - Aug 4 by Kieran_Knows

As I said earlier, the only way he gets 'news' is by DM'ing people thousands of messages on twitter hoping to get a response.

He is without doubt, never ITK about anything.

I still can't get my head around a grown man calling himself 'Cruncher'. So weird.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 15:10]

Define "Grown"

Poll: If it were one or the other

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:31 - Aug 4 with 1298 viewshoppy

Until TT give away free Audis, they're way short of TWTD for me.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TT back claiming the take over news on 16:12 - Aug 4 with 1221 viewsdavblue

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:07 - Aug 4 by Stu_Magoo

I'd take one of their mothers out for a nice seafood dinner and then never call her again.

Would she be a saint though?
TT back claiming the take over news on 16:41 - Aug 4 with 1154 viewsVeggie

Wasn’t it the journalist who works for the Athletic that first broke it with his tweet with the tractor spinning around? Then he went on Blue Monday didn’t he?
TT back claiming the take over news on 16:52 - Aug 4 with 1118 viewsVeggie

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:17 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Yep - all about that extra 250 subscribers to earn themselves an extra £18.79 in monthly ad revenue.

Absolutely. Their desperate attempt to get to 4,000 subscribers. As you say, what is the revenue from that level of viewers? Must be absolutely tiny.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 17:22]
TT back claiming the take over news on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 1112 viewsjeera

As pointed out below Phil, the Athletic and the Guardian were streets ahead of any of these other tedious claims.

You and Muncher I believe both then added further context and information which complemented the initial stories.

Heck knows why anyone else would want to even make such a claim.

There was some pretty detailed stuff being posted on here by Muncher which was leading in the right direction and also throughout the thread by you.

The other claims seem a bit immature and embarrassing to say the least.

*Edited to correct inaccuracies.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 21:38]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TT back claiming the take over news on 18:21 - Aug 4 with 1026 viewsgreyhound

TT back claiming the take over news on 16:52 - Aug 4 by Veggie

Absolutely. Their desperate attempt to get to 4,000 subscribers. As you say, what is the revenue from that level of viewers? Must be absolutely tiny.

Their revenue is being driven by the membership options. Think they charge 5 quid a month or something to show channel support. A surprising number of people pay this as a way of compensating Martin for putting the work in.

Oddly I think cruncher pays to be a channel member when he actually seems to realistically be the lead host so assume nothing financial is shared with him and matt. An odd set up.
TT back claiming the take over news on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 1020 viewsVeggie

TT back claiming the take over news on 18:21 - Aug 4 by greyhound

Their revenue is being driven by the membership options. Think they charge 5 quid a month or something to show channel support. A surprising number of people pay this as a way of compensating Martin for putting the work in.

Oddly I think cruncher pays to be a channel member when he actually seems to realistically be the lead host so assume nothing financial is shared with him and matt. An odd set up.

Heard an interview with him where he admitted

A) He was trying to base in on Arsenal TV
B) Was doing it for his family in the hope it can improve their life financially one day

So basically it’s pretty obvious that he’s just trying to make it controversial to generate views and revenue.
Login to get fewer ads

TT back claiming the take over news on 19:11 - Aug 4 with 959 viewsEwan_Oozami

TT back claiming the take over news on 16:52 - Aug 4 by Veggie

4000 subscribers? Hahahaha!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

TT back claiming the take over news on 21:01 - Aug 4 with 890 viewsSomethingBlue

TT back claiming the take over news on 16:54 - Aug 4 by jeera

As pointed out below Phil, the Athletic and the Guardian were streets ahead of any of these other tedious claims.

You and Muncher I believe both then added further context and information which complemented the initial stories.

Heck knows why anyone else would want to even make such a claim.

There was some pretty detailed stuff being posted on here by Muncher which was leading in the right direction and also throughout the thread by you.

The other claims seem a bit immature and embarrassing to say the least.

*Edited to correct inaccuracies.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 21:38]

Phil, the Athletic and the Guardian — probably in that order — were first to it and Muncher/Greyhound were very important to the ongoing story after that. TT nowhere close, the evidence is all there.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

TT back claiming the take over news on 21:30 - Aug 4 with 835 viewstextbackup

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:46 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, no one else ever instigates it, they for whatever reason decide to have a pop and keep going at whoever it is for a day or so in numbers, as per last night/today's thread. Textbook Internet bullying/trolling. I don't usually bite, but felt I ought to set the record straight in this instance.

everyone with even 3% of a brain knows its one set of dickheads that are the problem. the rest of you do a really good job at what you do.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

TT back claiming the take over news on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 815 viewsjeera

TT back claiming the take over news on 21:01 - Aug 4 by SomethingBlue

Phil, the Athletic and the Guardian — probably in that order — were first to it and Muncher/Greyhound were very important to the ongoing story after that. TT nowhere close, the evidence is all there.

Yes I wrote that in a bit of a hurry and will amend.

That was supposed to be on the social media front but Muncher does actually mention Phil and that he was building on his initial report when he posted his own findings.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TT back claiming the take over news on 07:34 - Aug 5 with 612 viewsitfcjoe

TT back claiming the take over news on 18:21 - Aug 4 by greyhound

It’s no real different to any model for this sort of thing, and they pump out a lot of content for subscribers etc so it’s good that some people will part with cash for it. It’s not easy running these things and a Labour of love for most.

Good number of subscribers and viewers for what is covering a niche football team, there will never be big money in it unless we get bought out by a Sheikh

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024