Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TT back claiming the take over news 23:00 - Aug 3 with 10770 viewsgreyhound

I care very little but 2 things have irked me.

I've specifically said there won't be wild amounts of money to keep throwing around, it not the operating model.

I was able to fairly accurately announce the take over.

Ive given up bashing TT because its boring but I would love to correct them on twitter... Only it will out me, so that's annoying.

Unfortunately there's an army of fans that now see them as gospel.

Have noticed they are making a concerted effort to cross promote though now which is good for the fan base, however I'm not sure that favour will ever be returned due to previously burned bridges.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 23:08]
TT back claiming the take over news on 10:44 - Aug 4 with 1468 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I like how they have been calling this place a den of rats for ages yet get offended if anything is said about them.

Which makes me feel like this should be a TT free zone.

Why must we continue to mention them? Who cares?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:50 - Aug 4 with 1428 viewsWallingford_Boy

There really are bigger things to worry about!!

They do a decent show tbf, confused why any Town fan would hate a show aimed at Town fans?!?!

RIP Sir Bobby

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:54 - Aug 4 with 1413 viewsportmanking

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:50 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

There really are bigger things to worry about!!

They do a decent show tbf, confused why any Town fan would hate a show aimed at Town fans?!?!

Because, frankly, they think they are the collective gatekeepers of Town views. When, in reality, they barely scratch the surface in nuance and analysis.

The constant childish antics and the incessant crying of "online hate" seconds later is beyond mind-numbing too.
TT back claiming the take over news on 10:57 - Aug 4 with 1389 viewshype313

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:54 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Because, frankly, they think they are the collective gatekeepers of Town views. When, in reality, they barely scratch the surface in nuance and analysis.

The constant childish antics and the incessant crying of "online hate" seconds later is beyond mind-numbing too.

I've got my own views on Town, how we play, the signings, the structure, so don't feel the need to waste my time listening to others opinions, especially when they are trying to be poundland Jerry Springers to boost revenue's.

It's no different to Adrian Durham, easy to switch off from the nonsense.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 1371 viewsKieran_Knows

... and the fact that Cruncher (god its so bad) thinks he's ITK, when all he does is send thousands of DM's on twitter to journos and players hoping to get a response to get some info.

So bad.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:01 - Aug 4 with 1372 viewsportmanking

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:57 - Aug 4 by hype313

I've got my own views on Town, how we play, the signings, the structure, so don't feel the need to waste my time listening to others opinions, especially when they are trying to be poundland Jerry Springers to boost revenue's.

It's easy to switch off nine times out of ten, but when they flood the ITFC timeline with garbage - and continue to discredit time-honoured sports journalists like Phil, Stuart Watson etc - it's high-time they're called out.
TT back claiming the take over news on 11:05 - Aug 4 with 1342 viewshype313

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:01 - Aug 4 by portmanking

It's easy to switch off nine times out of ten, but when they flood the ITFC timeline with garbage - and continue to discredit time-honoured sports journalists like Phil, Stuart Watson etc - it's high-time they're called out.

Just giving them oxygen, it's what they want, it's their modus operandi, they are all about clicks, just like AFTV Robbie and his mob.

At least Alex Griffin is honest about the fact that he wants to do YouTube full time and wants subscribers and clicks, but he doesn't try and gaslight the fanbase in the process.

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:07 - Aug 4 with 1328 viewsportmanking

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:05 - Aug 4 by hype313

Just giving them oxygen, it's what they want, it's their modus operandi, they are all about clicks, just like AFTV Robbie and his mob.

At least Alex Griffin is honest about the fact that he wants to do YouTube full time and wants subscribers and clicks, but he doesn't try and gaslight the fanbase in the process.

Precisely why they need calling out - as Blue Tick is criticising Phil for needing clicks for TWTD to be viable.... the hypocrisy stinks.
Login to get fewer ads

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:08 - Aug 4 with 1318 viewsWallingford_Boy

Isn't TWTD as bad, or actually.. even worse?

(Not all posters, obvs).

RIP Sir Bobby

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:08 - Aug 4 with 1319 viewshype313

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:07 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Precisely why they need calling out - as Blue Tick is criticising Phil for needing clicks for TWTD to be viable.... the hypocrisy stinks.

Well, looks like Phil has put them straight, although one bloke is starting to resemble the black knight from Python...

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:08 - Aug 4 with 1305 viewsWallingford_Boy

TT back claiming the take over news on 10:57 - Aug 4 by hype313

Yet you post on here? Hmmmmmm.

RIP Sir Bobby

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:09 - Aug 4 with 1299 viewshype313

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:08 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

I just like talking about Cheese and good parking places.

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:12 - Aug 4 with 1283 viewshype313

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:08 - Aug 4 by Wallingford_Boy

Look, I've watched a few videos over time, and to be fair some of the guys on TT are decent, especially the one's that only get limited time, but like everything with Youtube, it's about hits and revenue, some go about it openly, some don't.

I enjoy this site as I prefer to line Phil's pockets as he spent years in the doldrums outside PR in the cold flogging fanzines.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 11:15]

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:32 - Aug 4 with 1207 viewsWallingford_Boy

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:12 - Aug 4 by hype313

Look, I've watched a few videos over time, and to be fair some of the guys on TT are decent, especially the one's that only get limited time, but like everything with Youtube, it's about hits and revenue, some go about it openly, some don't.

I enjoy this site as I prefer to line Phil's pockets as he spent years in the doldrums outside PR in the cold flogging fanzines.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 11:15]

Fair enough, place for all these forums/podcasts/etc in my eyes, I dip in and out of all of them.

All about opinions.

RIP Sir Bobby

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 1213 viewsVic

I get your frustration Greyhound.

Trouble is, every thread like this just gives them oxygen. I bet some of us have click onto them to see what they've said. Job done as far as they are concerned.

They the Adrian Durham of the ITFC world. provocative for the sake of generating a response. Best thing we can do is simply ignore them

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 11:33 - Aug 4 with 1206 viewsSkip_Intro

TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 23:17 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

Who is he?
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 23:18]

no idea but clearly not the brightest or most pleasant person around...

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:34 - Aug 4 with 1206 viewsITFC_Forever

Hang on a minute, what takeover?

Is Cruncher and his bunch of morons claiming there’s going to be another takeover?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 11:39 - Aug 4 with 1170 viewsMetal_Hacker

TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 11:33 - Aug 4 by Skip_Intro

no idea but clearly not the brightest or most pleasant person around...

He’s quite a despicable type of character and likes to get a reaction. He’s on one of the FB fans pages I think - I recognise his name if it’s the same one. Strange fella

Poll: If it were one or the other

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:40 - Aug 4 with 1178 viewsPhilTWTD

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:01 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Indeed, it's difficult just to switch it off when periodically you're the one the hassle is aimed at. It's just online trolling at its most basic.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TT back claiming the take over news on 11:42 - Aug 4 with 1138 viewsSkip_Intro

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:40 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, it's difficult just to switch it off when periodically you're the one the hassle is aimed at. It's just online trolling at its most basic.

bit harsh Phil - ThEy GiVe AwAy FrEe TiCkEtS...
TT back claiming the take over news on 11:48 - Aug 4 with 1092 viewsSheffordBlue

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:40 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

It also seems fairly self-destructive from their point of view. About 90% of what they do is okay and while their shows aren't to my taste lots of people clearly like them.

The remaining 10% of fairly daft posturing, having a sly dig at others, or doing something worse must just put people off and presumably reduces the willingness of the club to engage directly with them. I'd have thought they pick up far more followers from doing the good stuff they have e.g. donating tickets than the rubbish

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Turgid Trolls on 11:53 - Aug 4 with 1057 viewsDyland

TT back claiming the take over news on 00:19 - Aug 4 by BasingstokeBlue

“TT”?

nftffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:59 - Aug 4 with 1033 viewsSamWhiteUK

TT back claiming the take over news on 23:59 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

That was just bizarre. The podcast was from Friday! Someone who reads the site made me aware of the mention of Town, which they thought interesting and I agreed. Quotes often appear after much longer gaps than that, quotes from the final press conferences of last season were being used throughout the summer.

I assume this week it's just our turn for TT and their acolytes to have a pop at.

I tried to tell him the podcast was on a Friday, was told to "keep up"

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:11 - Aug 4 with 987 viewsitfcjoe

TT back claiming the take over news on 23:59 - Aug 3 by PhilTWTD

That was just bizarre. The podcast was from Friday! Someone who reads the site made me aware of the mention of Town, which they thought interesting and I agreed. Quotes often appear after much longer gaps than that, quotes from the final press conferences of last season were being used throughout the summer.

I assume this week it's just our turn for TT and their acolytes to have a pop at.

Podcast was earlier than that....I'd posted it in the Telegram last Wednesday.....but agree with the rest of this!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:18 - Aug 4 with 941 viewsghostofescobar

Can’t we all just have a big fight between the different podcasts, forums etc., like the battling news teams in Anchorman? Meet on the car park opposite the Cobbold stand……

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024