Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TT back claiming the take over news 23:00 - Aug 3 with 10766 viewsgreyhound

I care very little but 2 things have irked me.

I've specifically said there won't be wild amounts of money to keep throwing around, it not the operating model.

I was able to fairly accurately announce the take over.

Ive given up bashing TT because its boring but I would love to correct them on twitter... Only it will out me, so that's annoying.

Unfortunately there's an army of fans that now see them as gospel.

Have noticed they are making a concerted effort to cross promote though now which is good for the fan base, however I'm not sure that favour will ever be returned due to previously burned bridges.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 23:08]
TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 12:18 - Aug 4 with 1549 viewsEwan_Oozami

TT BACK CLAIMING THE TAKE OVER NEWS. (n/t) on 11:39 - Aug 4 by Metal_Hacker

He’s quite a despicable type of character and likes to get a reaction. He’s on one of the FB fans pages I think - I recognise his name if it’s the same one. Strange fella

Gonna follow him for the lols....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:19 - Aug 4 with 1556 viewsitfcjoe

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:40 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, it's difficult just to switch it off when periodically you're the one the hassle is aimed at. It's just online trolling at its most basic.

This post has been edited by an administrator

All this goes on and all we then read is 'the Ipswich podcasts at it again' etc and end up associated as Blue Monday with this sort of rubbish - it is always Talking Town front and centre of all this and turning people away from podcasts because they see this sort of rubbish.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:36 - Aug 4 with 1475 viewsHorsham

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:19 - Aug 4 by itfcjoe

All this goes on and all we then read is 'the Ipswich podcasts at it again' etc and end up associated as Blue Monday with this sort of rubbish - it is always Talking Town front and centre of all this and turning people away from podcasts because they see this sort of rubbish.

Personally don’t think you have a lot to be concerned about. TT damage themselves with this nonsense. Personally tend to listen to yours and KOA but I’m turned off by TT’s attitude.
TT back claiming the take over news on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 1463 viewsKieran_Knows

You could pay me £10million and I wouldn't listen to TT.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:37 - Aug 4 with 1470 viewsTrequartista

I don’t know if they received an invitation to the talk by Jason Schechterle, but if not, and given their obsession with breaking news stories and rivalry with other itfc sources, I wonder if the latest attack was motivated by envy.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:39 - Aug 4 with 1459 viewsdavblue

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:18 - Aug 4 by ghostofescobar

Can’t we all just have a big fight between the different podcasts, forums etc., like the battling news teams in Anchorman? Meet on the car park opposite the Cobbold stand……

Only rule is to not touch the face.
TT back claiming the take over news on 12:46 - Aug 4 with 1415 viewsPhilTWTD

Indeed, no one else ever instigates it, they for whatever reason decide to have a pop and keep going at whoever it is for a day or so in numbers, as per last night/today's thread. Textbook Internet bullying/trolling. I don't usually bite, but felt I ought to set the record straight in this instance.
TT back claiming the take over news on 13:33 - Aug 4 with 1279 viewsArnoldMoorhen

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:46 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, no one else ever instigates it, they for whatever reason decide to have a pop and keep going at whoever it is for a day or so in numbers, as per last night/today's thread. Textbook Internet bullying/trolling. I don't usually bite, but felt I ought to set the record straight in this instance.

You're a good man, Phil. Very fair and tolerant of a wide range of views on both footballing matters and the wider world, and with a wider range of glovesman terminology than many a sporting scribe.

And you even have a Portman Road Press Conferences ban on your record to bolster your "Independent" credentials!

Thanks for all you, Gav and "Mark" have done for us over the years.
Login to get fewer ads

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:39 - Aug 4 with 1261 viewsBlueandTruesince82

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:33 - Aug 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

You're a good man, Phil. Very fair and tolerant of a wide range of views on both footballing matters and the wider world, and with a wider range of glovesman terminology than many a sporting scribe.

And you even have a Portman Road Press Conferences ban on your record to bolster your "Independent" credentials!

Agreed we all know it gets narky on here as is natural when people have different opinions and I'm sure we are a partly responsible for Phils lack of hair but most of the time it's all fairly well natured and anything untoward gets taken down pretty quickly and offendes banned/suspended pretty quick.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:44 - Aug 4 with 1231 viewsOwainG1992

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:42 - Aug 4 by Skip_Intro

bit harsh Phil - ThEy GiVe AwAy FrEe TiCkEtS...

Of the things people don't like talking town for its an odd choice to mock then giving free tickets away?
That to me is a terrific thing for fans who might not normally be able to afford it.
I have appeared on the shows maybe 3 times and watch every now and then but don't see myself as "team twtd" or "team TT".
My focus is in my club and I enjoy both platforms.
There are some on both I could do without..

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:44 - Aug 4 with 1227 viewsSTYG

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:33 - Aug 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

I like to think Mark is a Marcus Evans type recluse (maybe even the man himself) that sits there all day barking orders at Phil and Gav.
TT back claiming the take over news on 13:48 - Aug 4 with 1212 viewsSTYG

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:39 - Aug 4 by BlueandTruesince82

Agreed we all know it gets narky on here as is natural when people have different opinions and I'm sure we are a partly responsible for Phils lack of hair but most of the time it's all fairly well natured and anything untoward gets taken down pretty quickly and offendes banned/suspended pretty quick.

When you think about what TWTD is, the forum is and how little it's changed despite the rise of social media etc, it's an absolute credit to us as fans and we are lucky to have Phil and Gav (under the guidance of the all seeing Mark).

Yes there are some tits on here, but to have such a largely harmonious community, looking out for each other, adding value to each others lives, especially through two decades of the club having little to no success is an absolute wonder.

I don't think Phil even understands how good he is at what he does and how much he does for ITFC fans.
TT back claiming the take over news on 13:56 - Aug 4 with 1192 viewsMullet

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:44 - Aug 4 by OwainG1992

Of the things people don't like talking town for its an odd choice to mock then giving free tickets away?
That to me is a terrific thing for fans who might not normally be able to afford it.
I have appeared on the shows maybe 3 times and watch every now and then but don't see myself as "team twtd" or "team TT".

It's only to beg for subscribers, or someone else's idea that gets hijacked so they get credit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:07 - Aug 4 with 1131 viewsStu_Magoo

TT back claiming the take over news on 12:39 - Aug 4 by davblue

Only rule is to not touch the face.

I'd take one of their mothers out for a nice seafood dinner and then never call her again.
TT back claiming the take over news on 14:17 - Aug 4 with 1086 viewsportmanking

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:56 - Aug 4 by Mullet

It's only to beg for subscribers, or someone else's idea that gets hijacked so they get credit.

Yep - all about that extra 250 subscribers to earn themselves an extra £18.79 in monthly ad revenue.
TT back claiming the take over news on 14:30 - Aug 4 with 1046 viewsSkip_Intro

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:17 - Aug 4 by portmanking

Yep - all about that extra 250 subscribers to earn themselves an extra £18.79 in monthly ad revenue.

I don't think it's about revenue for them...it's about ego.
This is borne out by the fact that they call themselves 'The Guv', 'Media Mogul' and 'Patron Saint of Tickets', even if it is tongue in cheek, which to be honest I'm not totally convinced about...
TT back claiming the take over news on 14:41 - Aug 4 with 1007 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TT back claiming the take over news on 11:12 - Aug 4 by hype313

Look, I've watched a few videos over time, and to be fair some of the guys on TT are decent, especially the one's that only get limited time, but like everything with Youtube, it's about hits and revenue, some go about it openly, some don't.

I enjoy this site as I prefer to line Phil's pockets as he spent years in the doldrums outside PR in the cold flogging fanzines.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 11:15]

That's probably what did for his hair.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:56 - Aug 4 with 953 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Don't worry, they don't turn me away from yours!
I've actually never watched the TT one purely from their reputation on here, so they're not doing themselves any favours with this Town fan.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

TT back claiming the take over news on 14:58 - Aug 4 with 947 viewsBlue_Order

Total Twerps.
TT back claiming the take over news on 15:03 - Aug 4 with 925 viewsIpswichKnight

I saw “cruncher” was claiming to be ITK on a transfer from 2 weeks back claiming that medical was done, suffice to say it never happened, since Ashton took over none of the usual ITK mob have been anywhere near being ITK.

Suffice to say the TT mob aren’t keen on discussing the transfer that never happened.
TT back claiming the take over news on 15:08 - Aug 4 with 879 viewsgreyhound

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:03 - Aug 4 by IpswichKnight

I saw “cruncher” was claiming to be ITK on a transfer from 2 weeks back claiming that medical was done, suffice to say it never happened, since Ashton took over none of the usual ITK mob have been anywhere near being ITK.

Suffice to say the TT mob aren’t keen on discussing the transfer that never happened.

I think they ended up claiming that to be an u18/u23 player.

I am surprised no one has ever gone live on their show under the guise of a contributor and had a pop tbh, especially when they have upset so many.

I see the 🐀 emoji is all over their timelines again today.
TT back claiming the take over news on 15:10 - Aug 4 with 866 viewsKieran_Knows

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:03 - Aug 4 by IpswichKnight

As I said earlier, the only way he gets 'news' is by DM'ing people thousands of messages on twitter hoping to get a response.

He is without doubt, never ITK about anything.

I still can't get my head around a grown man calling himself 'Cruncher'. So weird.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 15:10]

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:13 - Aug 4 with 825 viewsPhilTWTD

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:48 - Aug 4 by STYG

When you think about what TWTD is, the forum is and how little it's changed despite the rise of social media etc, it's an absolute credit to us as fans and we are lucky to have Phil and Gav (under the guidance of the all seeing Mark).

Yes there are some tits on here, but to have such a largely harmonious community, looking out for each other, adding value to each others lives, especially through two decades of the club having little to no success is an absolute wonder.

I don't think Phil even understands how good he is at what he does and how much he does for ITFC fans.

Cheers all, most appreciated.
TT back claiming the take over news on 15:14 - Aug 4 with 817 viewsKieran_Knows

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:48 - Aug 4 by STYG

Phil is THE man.

TT back claiming the take over news on 15:26 - Aug 4 with 787 viewscatch74

TT back claiming the take over news on 13:44 - Aug 4 by OwainG1992

They’re not being mocked for the free tickets, it’s for using that In response to something unrelated that they’ve been challenged about.
The free tickets was a fantastic idea that they’ve jumped on and given a push and got some great attention for.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024