Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' 23:42 - Aug 3 with 6003 viewsfactual_blue

Says poor Archie Battersbee's mother, announcing the legal fight is over.

Words. Fail. Me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 566 viewsCheltenham_Blue

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 13:26 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

Nah, not having that.

If I were a doctor involved I'd like to think I'd shrug it off and move to the next patient.

There but for the grace of God and all that.

"Shrug it off and move onto the next patient"

As the husband of a Nurse who has worked ITU, Respiratory and Oncology and is now a Lung Cancer CNS, I can promise you that you've got that incredibly wrong, and its incredibly flippant to assume so.

Nurses and Doctors and incredibly invested in their patients, why do you think despite repeated provocation from government they generally refuse to embark on any industrial action including limited actions such as work to rule.

If my other half comes home in tears some days, I assume I should just be telling her to 'move on'? Yes?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 13:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 15:44 - Aug 5 with 500 viewsBlueBadger

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 13:26 - Aug 5 by blueasfook

The wrangle now is about moving him to a hospice. High court have refused the application. Which no doubt, will now to go to Supreme court for appeal, etc.

At the risk of sounding cynical, I feel this is just further delaying tactics. Completely understandable but I dont think the boy's parents truly have his best wishes at heart now. It seems just to be about buying time and abusing the legal system now.

The family DO. Their legal advisors however, DON'T.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 15:45 - Aug 5 with 498 viewsBlueBadger

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 18:20 - Aug 4 by factual_blue

I see they want him to have 'palliative oxygen' at the hospice.

From what I've read, that's basically a meaningless concept, particularly when the patient is, in all but the most deluded of senses, dead.

I feel sorry for pretty well everybody involved in this. His parents are (I suspect) being manipulated. The NHS Trust is on a hiding to nothing.

And the poor lad is dead.

The CLC seem both mad and bad.

Also: 'palliative oxygen' is only of use if some is experiencing respiratory distress during the dying process. In other people it it likely to be drying to the mouth and nose and cause discomfort and distress.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 15:47 - Aug 5 with 505 viewsBlueBadger

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 13:26 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

Nah, not having that.

If I were a doctor involved I'd like to think I'd shrug it off and move to the next patient.

There but for the grace of God and all that.

Anyone who takes that attitude shouldn't be working as a doctor or nurse. Either because their attitude is wrong to start with, or they're so burnt out that they're distracting themselves and need some time out to 'reset'.

After nearly 25 years in the game, my head is full of ghosts.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 15:59]

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 16:04 - Aug 5 with 475 viewsgiant_stow

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 15:47 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

Anyone who takes that attitude shouldn't be working as a doctor or nurse. Either because their attitude is wrong to start with, or they're so burnt out that they're distracting themselves and need some time out to 'reset'.

Sh1t, I can only imagine

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 19:05 - Aug 5 with 418 viewsBlueBadger

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 13:14 - Aug 4 by BloomBlue

To be fair unless you've been in that situation it's difficult, actually impossible, to truly understand.

She said his hand used pressure against her hand, in that situation you cannot help but think maybe there is still life there and hopefully after a period of time he will be able to live in some form in the future. She has said they already accept he will never be the same.

But I can fully understand her desire to try based on his hand movement, accepting the end of your child in that situation is the hardest thing you can imagine and people will fight against the need to accept it while there is even a 0.0001% chance.

Certain reflexive movements are possible in brain stem death.

https://media.gosh.nhs.uk/documents/Understanding_brain_stem_death_F0594_A5_col_

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 22:38 - Aug 5 with 350 viewsNthsuffolkblue

'our country has failed a 12-year-old child' on 15:47 - Aug 5 by BlueBadger

This seems appropriate here.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/surrey-gp-dies-after-pressure-of-the-job-f

Look after yourself, Badger, and remember you do a lot to make the world a better place for a lot of people and there are many more who appreciate that than who don't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024