Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Industry Season 2 00:46 - Aug 4 with 1322 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Just arrived on HBO Max. First episode of the new series and it’s off to a flyer. Think it is BBC your side?

Makes me miss London town and my twenties. And to think a lot of that generation now want to work from home!!
The Industry Season 2 on 09:11 - Aug 4 with 1201 viewsGeoffSentence

To be fair to 'that generation' the first series made working in the office look like an absolute nightmare.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Industry Season 2 on 10:30 - Aug 4 with 1142 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The Industry Season 2 on 09:11 - Aug 4 by GeoffSentence

To be fair to 'that generation' the first series made working in the office look like an absolute nightmare.

A group of us who joined a similar (albeit less male dominated) scheme in the city around 20 years ago talked about this over a catch-up recently. Of the 15 of us, everybody agreed it was pretty well done. We could put names to characters etc. The "extra-curricular" stuff in particular - sleeping in meeting rooms after stopping boozing at midnight and not bothering to go home etc.

Funny looking back to be honest - it was carnage and I have to admit I reflect with both fondness and a bit of cringe. Some of the intermingling at wider office events was legendary. So many stories. At Henley Regatta my mate held an ice bucket whilst the Chairman of a then large listed client was sick into it. Shortly after we got in his car and went to his club in Mayfair where he did the same thing again. I always remember him talking on skynews the next day about something and coming across completely fine.

I expect people who worked in the city in the 80s have some fantastic stories. Some of those stories will have aged better than others!
The Industry Season 2 on 10:39 - Aug 4 with 1128 viewsunbelievablue

Really well made show. No release date here yet which is annoying.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The Industry Season 2 on 10:43 - Aug 4 with 1120 viewsLord_Lucan

The Industry Season 2 on 10:30 - Aug 4 by PrideOfTheEast

A group of us who joined a similar (albeit less male dominated) scheme in the city around 20 years ago talked about this over a catch-up recently. Of the 15 of us, everybody agreed it was pretty well done. We could put names to characters etc. The "extra-curricular" stuff in particular - sleeping in meeting rooms after stopping boozing at midnight and not bothering to go home etc.

Funny looking back to be honest - it was carnage and I have to admit I reflect with both fondness and a bit of cringe. Some of the intermingling at wider office events was legendary. So many stories. At Henley Regatta my mate held an ice bucket whilst the Chairman of a then large listed client was sick into it. Shortly after we got in his car and went to his club in Mayfair where he did the same thing again. I always remember him talking on skynews the next day about something and coming across completely fine.

I expect people who worked in the city in the 80s have some fantastic stories. Some of those stories will have aged better than others!

I'll have to look this series up, I've never heard of it.

Back it the day I used to enjoy a series called Capital City, I wonder if anyone else remembers this.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Industry Season 2 on 10:43 - Aug 4 with 1119 viewsunbelievablue

My experience, having been in both an 'Industry year' as a student and a graduate scheme after Uni, was far more tame, presumably because I worked in IT.

That said, when seconded into Banking for a brief period a lot of that displayed in the show rang true. Wild west like.

Edit - actually, I just recalled with zero fondness a couple of nasty, mid-40s, married sales guys 'preying on' two interns during the industry year. Tossers.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 10:45]

The Industry Season 2 on 10:47 - Aug 4 with 1099 viewsunbelievablue

The Industry Season 2 on 10:43 - Aug 4 by Lord_Lucan

I'll have to look this series up, I've never heard of it.

Back it the day I used to enjoy a series called Capital City, I wonder if anyone else remembers this.

For clarity, it is simply called 'Industry'. Series one is on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000pb89/industry

The Industry Season 2 on 01:53 - Aug 5 with 1001 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I couldn’t help but think about our Thursday nights in Chelsea etc circa 2010. God knows how we made it through Friday!

That said, now we are on the other side of 35 it makes me feel Ill the thought of getting up to all that on a school night. The scene in series 1, episode 1 with him getting off at bank without going to bed and throwing up makes me laugh each time.

You’re right though I’m sure we were just kids to the 80s and 90s traders.

It must resonate even more with you, given you were in the city at as young as 19/20. The after work scene in lower Manhattan and by Sears/West loop in Chicago can be lively but it ain’t London!

Not a show to watch with the parents really either!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 2:25]
The Industry Season 2 on 02:11 - Aug 5 with 976 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The Industry Season 2 on 10:43 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

My experience, having been in both an 'Industry year' as a student and a graduate scheme after Uni, was far more tame, presumably because I worked in IT.

That said, when seconded into Banking for a brief period a lot of that displayed in the show rang true. Wild west like.

Edit - actually, I just recalled with zero fondness a couple of nasty, mid-40s, married sales guys 'preying on' two interns during the industry year. Tossers.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 10:45]

The sales lot are always the worst for that. Imagine how bad it was in the 90s when there was less evidence around.
Login to get fewer ads

The Industry Season 2 on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 893 viewsunbelievablue

The Industry Season 2 on 02:11 - Aug 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The sales lot are always the worst for that. Imagine how bad it was in the 90s when there was less evidence around.

An intern voice recorded one of the sales guys, absolutely hammered, essentially begging her to go to his hotel room. State of it.

The Industry Season 2 on 11:02 - Aug 5 with 875 viewsbelgablue

The Industry Season 2 on 01:53 - Aug 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I couldn’t help but think about our Thursday nights in Chelsea etc circa 2010. God knows how we made it through Friday!

That said, now we are on the other side of 35 it makes me feel Ill the thought of getting up to all that on a school night. The scene in series 1, episode 1 with him getting off at bank without going to bed and throwing up makes me laugh each time.

You’re right though I’m sure we were just kids to the 80s and 90s traders.

It must resonate even more with you, given you were in the city at as young as 19/20. The after work scene in lower Manhattan and by Sears/West loop in Chicago can be lively but it ain’t London!

Not a show to watch with the parents really either!
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 2:25]

I'd never heard of this but adding to the list - sounds like we were in the 'smoke' around the same time. Would start watching this evening but the in-laws are in town and I'll heed the advice that it's "Not a show to watch with the parents really either!"

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

The Industry Season 2 on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 858 viewsWarkTheWark

The Industry Season 2 on 10:40 - Aug 5 by unbelievablue

An intern voice recorded one of the sales guys, absolutely hammered, essentially begging her to go to his hotel room. State of it.

In the days of staying at casa unbelievablue I witnessed and heard some awful things from Sales & Trading guys but even the middle office folks were bad. For the most part folks were pretty ordinary. TWTD
The Industry Season 2 on 12:05 - Aug 5 with 841 viewsunbelievablue

The Industry Season 2 on 11:12 - Aug 5 by WarkTheWark

In the days of staying at casa unbelievablue I witnessed and heard some awful things from Sales & Trading guys but even the middle office folks were bad. For the most part folks were pretty ordinary. TWTD

Christ I forgot you even had a login. Are you lurking regularly or just dropped by?

The Industry Season 2 on 12:36 - Aug 5 with 826 viewsWarkTheWark

The Industry Season 2 on 12:05 - Aug 5 by unbelievablue

Christ I forgot you even had a login. Are you lurking regularly or just dropped by?

Seasonal - i get on here more in footballing months, i find the summer transfer stuff tedious and now that there's a "loose-lips sink ships" policy at the club 90% is fanciful or pure BS. Wrap that up with political football it can be a downer on here at times!

The analysis and opinion on club, players and manager is always good for the footballing soul but I rarely comment (unless drunk).
The Industry Season 2 on 15:55 - Aug 5 with 730 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

The Industry Season 2 on 11:02 - Aug 5 by belgablue

I'd never heard of this but adding to the list - sounds like we were in the 'smoke' around the same time. Would start watching this evening but the in-laws are in town and I'll heed the advice that it's "Not a show to watch with the parents really either!"

Marisa Abela is definitely watchable content. I think the show is really we done and quite on the money so to speak.
The Industry Season 2 on 16:11 - Aug 5 with 720 viewschicoazul

The Industry Season 2 on 10:47 - Aug 4 by unbelievablue

For clarity, it is simply called 'Industry'. Series one is on BBC iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000pb89/industry

Oh this show? Yes that was very good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024