Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win 09:18 - Aug 4 with 4224 viewsunstableblue

I recently created a rambling thread under ‘How Soon is Now?’ - emphasising that it’s time for an inflection point at ITFC - where we start winning, ASAP, and prove the supposed superiority of players and set-up.

From that I had a good look at Rotherham and Wigan last season, and was sort of blown away by how quickly they got winning, and just how many wins they needed across the season.

I really feel we need to win Saturday, and we clearly should.

But just feel FGR are buoyant as a club.

A win?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 09:27 - Aug 4 with 2746 viewsJackPITFC

Confident,

If we can play the way we did 2nd half on Saturday, we should comfortably win the game, some people may look at it as a banana skin, but if we have any aspirations of promotions, 3 points is a must.

3-0 COYB
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 2689 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I like the way needing to actually win a lot of football games to be successful seems like a revelation to you

But yes, 3 points required, and will be gained, on Saturday

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 09:58 - Aug 4 with 2617 viewsWickets

TBH I'm pooping myself !
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 2585 viewsitfcsuth

FGR will be bang at it - it will be their first big cup final game of the season. Expect nothing less than a comeptitive game. Very aware they have lost key players in Adams and Cadden, in addition their top scorer Stevens doing his ACL and out until the new year.

Thing it will be a hectic first 25 minutes, where they will be right at it. Weather that and take control of the game I feel a good 2-0/2-1 win is on the cards.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:14 - Aug 4 with 2521 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Forest Green might just be the weakest team in a very weak division - so a comfortable win is very much on the cards unless McKenna decides this is Real Madrid away.

On the other hand Town have a team of strangers still finding their feet and this is very much Forest Green’s biggest game of the season.

I just have a feeling that the top two in May will be the ones getting promoted. Not the top two in early August. As with Bolton - a draw isn’t the end of the world, but a win should be expected. And a defeat might be a wake up call

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Not really.... on 10:16 - Aug 4 with 2508 viewsBloots

...we still don't look like we are going to score enough goals to put enough games away.

Expect we'll draw or lose narrowly.

But the majority of fans will still see loads of positives, so it will be fine.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 2466 viewsitfcsuth

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:14 - Aug 4 by ElephantintheRoom

It’s totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Forest Green might just be the weakest team in a very weak division - so a comfortable win is very much on the cards unless McKenna decides this is Real Madrid away.

On the other hand Town have a team of strangers still finding their feet and this is very much Forest Green’s biggest game of the season.

I just have a feeling that the top two in May will be the ones getting promoted. Not the top two in early August. As with Bolton - a draw isn’t the end of the world, but a win should be expected. And a defeat might be a wake up call

A team full of strangers?

We have only made 5 additions this summer. Only 3 of the starting XI v Bolton weren't here last year - I don't think that can be classed as a team full of strangers.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:19 - Aug 4 with 2446 viewshomer_123

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:14 - Aug 4 by ElephantintheRoom

'team of strangers' - hardly, of the 11 that started Saturday....8 were there last year.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Not really.... on 10:22 - Aug 4 with 2437 viewsitfcsuth

Not really.... on 10:16 - Aug 4 by Bloots

...we still don't look like we are going to score enough goals to put enough games away.

Expect we'll draw or lose narrowly.

But the majority of fans will still see loads of positives, so it will be fine.

Really?

Morsy had a golden chance, TJJ had 2/3 half chances, both Chaplin and Ladapo were in great positions for Bolton players to make great blocks, Evans had a header tipped away by the Goalkeeper & scored 1 himself from a well worked corner.

I don't think you can make the case that we aren't going to score enough goals right now. First game of the season and we created numerous openings.

I think you're jumping the gun a bit on that one.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:23 - Aug 4 with 2427 viewsSTYG

I keep meaning to ask. Which one are you?

Not really.... on 10:25 - Aug 4 with 2408 viewshomer_123

Not really.... on 10:22 - Aug 4 by itfcsuth

Really?

Morsy had a golden chance, TJJ had 2/3 half chances, both Chaplin and Ladapo were in great positions for Bolton players to make great blocks, Evans had a header tipped away by the Goalkeeper & scored 1 himself from a well worked corner.

I don't think you can make the case that we aren't going to score enough goals right now. First game of the season and we created numerous openings.

I think it would be accurate to say that, similar to last season, Saturday saw us create a number of very good chances that we didn't capitalise on.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Agreed, we don't have.... on 10:26 - Aug 4 with 2403 viewsBloots

Really?

...enough decent finishers in the team.

Creating chances doesn't win matches unfortunately.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:31 - Aug 4 with 2382 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I have two scenarios playing out in my head.

One is that we give FGR a bit of a footballing lesson and Ladapo gets his first two league goals for us in a comfortable 2-0 in front of jubilant travelling support.

Second, they are inspired by the occasion fight to the death and Connor Wickham comes off the bench to snatch an 88th minute equaliser, crowd goes wild.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:33 - Aug 4 with 2373 viewsJDB23

I mentioned in that thread I believe we’ll run out 2-0 winners. If we don’t get 3 points I’ll have big reservations about our automatic promotion ambitions.

Think we’ll see a relatively unchanged team. As has been said they will be up for it and may blow themselves out from a high energy start, our subs should be crucial in that second half.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:34 - Aug 4 with 2370 viewsChrisd

Our record last season against the promoted sides was woeful, there's no escaping it. The top sides will beat sides like FGR and we need to start doing it and doing consistently and on Saturday, I think we will - 0-2.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:45 - Aug 4 with 2312 viewsOsborneOneNil

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:31 - Aug 4 by C_Jam_Blue

I have two scenarios playing out in my head.

One is that we give FGR a bit of a footballing lesson and Ladapo gets his first two league goals for us in a comfortable 2-0 in front of jubilant travelling support.

Second, they are inspired by the occasion fight to the death and Connor Wickham comes off the bench to snatch an 88th minute equaliser, crowd goes wild.

I’m similar to that. Keep thinking of Cheltenham away last season….that was a huge result, in hindsight.

I’d love a 1-0, tbh.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:46 - Aug 4 with 2305 viewsmrshallisfit

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 10:34 - Aug 4 by Chrisd

Our record last season against the promoted sides was woeful, there's no escaping it. The top sides will beat sides like FGR and we need to start doing it and doing consistently and on Saturday, I think we will - 0-2.

1-1. Late FG equalizer after several opportunities spurned by us. Dont see how we have addressed the issue of being more clinical in front of goal from last season.
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:13 - Aug 4 with 2174 viewsjayessess

Anxious because we're Ipswich Town and we always find a way to fail, but there's no rational reason to be.

Second half of last season we beat plenty of teams like Forest Green Rovers, home and away. We've got the same defence that kept 10 clean sheets in 14 games last season. Jury's still out on our attacking play but I'm sure there's enough there to take all 3 points.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Not really.... on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 2174 viewsSitfcB

Really?

You’ve just proved his point

All those chances and one goal scored.

It’s not just the first game of the season it was all last season as well!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:16 - Aug 4 with 2165 viewsVic

Got to admit, I've not got a good feeling about this one.

First home game in the highest division they've ever been in. Biggest club they have ever played. They are going to be so up for it and I think it will be a tough game. Could really do with an early goal and dominance to subdue both players and fans.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:17 - Aug 4 with 2162 viewsBlueBlood90

I rarely have this feeling when it comes to ITFC but I really expect us to turn up the heat on Saturday. I can see us winning 3-0 or 4-1 .

FGR will obviously be up for it and buoyed by a win in their first game but we have to be ruthless and show our superiority.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:25 - Aug 4 with 2119 viewsbobbyramsey

We will dominate the game but will we win?
So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:29 - Aug 4 with 2067 viewsKieran_Knows

3-1 away win. Ladapo x2, Morsy with the other.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So how’s everyone feeling about Forest Green? Confident of a win on 11:30 - Aug 4 with 2065 viewschicoazul

What do you mean supposed? You’ve spent all summer telling us how much better than everyone we are.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Not really.... on 11:32 - Aug 4 with 2031 viewschicoazul

Really?

“Look at all the goals we didn’t score”

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024