Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Troll of the week 11:06 - Aug 4 with 1883 viewsblueasfook

Without doubt goes to Ullaa. Sterling work old chap!

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:10 - Aug 4 with 1835 viewshoppy

Why? What have you... sorry, I mean he, done now?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:22 - Aug 4 with 1787 viewsblueasfook

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:10 - Aug 4 by hoppy

I ain't no budgie!

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:29 - Aug 4 with 1771 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:10 - Aug 4 by hoppy

I assumed it was the thread on Corbyn's comments which I only saw the beginning of but felt Ulla emphasised the already distorted headline from his actual comments. I see it ran to 14+ pages in around 1 day and I don't think that was GB and Darth discussing Corbyn all through it. I don't think Ulla meant it as a troll at all but fell for the distortion presented in the headline.

Ultimately, I find Corbyn is yesterday's man and the whole continuation of the debate on him a side issue. He won't ever hold power again. If the Labour Party shifts back towards its roots at all it will be under someone else.

EDIT: I see the thread is still going and at 17 pages in under 1 day. It is longer than the months-long thread on the horrors of the war itself that Eireannach started.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 11:34]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:32 - Aug 4 with 1742 viewsDarth_Koont

It's just one thread with a shockingly poor and made-up subject line, but fair play to ullaa he did make that molehill look very big by the time he finished with it.

Personally, I'd like to nominate GB who now says he has me on Ignore after half-a-dozen years ... pure coincidence that's at the same time as his and others' dirty washing is being brought into the light by the Forde report and its not-at-all-weird reception of silence. Top effort!

Pronouns: He/Him

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:50 - Aug 4 with 1691 viewshoppy

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:22 - Aug 4 by blueasfook

I ain't no budgie!

I thought we were all actually really you though, aren't we?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:55 - Aug 4 with 1688 viewsgiant_stow

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:29 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

I assumed it was the thread on Corbyn's comments which I only saw the beginning of but felt Ulla emphasised the already distorted headline from his actual comments. I see it ran to 14+ pages in around 1 day and I don't think that was GB and Darth discussing Corbyn all through it. I don't think Ulla meant it as a troll at all but fell for the distortion presented in the headline.

Ultimately, I find Corbyn is yesterday's man and the whole continuation of the debate on him a side issue. He won't ever hold power again. If the Labour Party shifts back towards its roots at all it will be under someone else.

EDIT: I see the thread is still going and at 17 pages in under 1 day. It is longer than the months-long thread on the horrors of the war itself that Eireannach started.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 11:34]

I didn't even notice the Guardian headline tbh, but thanks for realising that I never meant to troll - just express my opinion forcefully.

Just as an aside, I've no idea why thread OPs get the credit / shame for long threads - they're made up of all participants' contributions.

(free hit Hoppy)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

TWTD Troll of the week on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 1673 viewshomer_123

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:50 - Aug 4 by hoppy

I thought we were all actually really you though, aren't we?

[shudder]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TWTD Troll of the week on 12:05 - Aug 4 with 1644 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TWTD Troll of the week on 11:55 - Aug 4 by giant_stow

I didn't even notice the Guardian headline tbh, but thanks for realising that I never meant to troll - just express my opinion forcefully.

Just as an aside, I've no idea why thread OPs get the credit / shame for long threads - they're made up of all participants' contributions.

(free hit Hoppy)

Generally the OP is the theme that sparks the controversy, although there are clearly times where they go off on a tangent.

It seems to me the idea that Corbyn saying we should abandon Ukraine is not a fair summary of a life-long pacifist stating we should be looking to negotiate peace above arming a war and using language that represents that. I am glad we are arming Ukrainians but ultimately we want a fair and lasting peace.

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Troll of the week on 16:07 - Aug 4 with 1485 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

(free hit Hoppy)

Come off it Mrs. Innocent, you even admitted to being a tinker and 'editorialising' what Corbyn actually said. You knew exactly what would happen with that subject title.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:20 - Aug 4 with 1413 viewsjeera

TWTD Troll of the week on 16:07 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Come off it Mrs. Innocent, you even admitted to being a tinker and 'editorialising' what Corbyn actually said. You knew exactly what would happen with that subject title.

If anything these constant Corbyn and by association Labour and sometimes Labour so by association Corbyn threads are damaging.

At the very least they are misleading.

Anyone would think looking on here that is where all examples of antisemitism are confined to.

There must be instances of antisemitism in this country on a daily basis and, like all prejudice, it should be highlighted until a time comes it is stamped out.

So why the same old focus on the same old man all the time, stirring up the same old arguments when it's all been done a thousand times. There is nothing to be learned, nothing to be gained. Just more of the same old spite and divisions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:24 - Aug 4 with 1391 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:20 - Aug 4 by jeera

If anything these constant Corbyn and by association Labour and sometimes Labour so by association Corbyn threads are damaging.

Anyone would think looking on here that is where all examples of antisemitism are confined to.

There must be instances of antisemitism in this country on a daily basis and, like all prejudice, it should be highlighted until a time comes it is stamped out.

So why the same old focus on the same old man all the time, stirring up the same old arguments when it's all been done a thousand times. There is nothing to be learned, nothing to be gained. Just more of the same old spite and divisions.

Quite. Racism happens all over the place, but unless you can tenuously link it to Corbyn in some way certain people on here seem far less vociferous about it.

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:57 - Aug 4 with 1342 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:24 - Aug 4 by The_Flashing_Smile

Quite. Racism happens all over the place, but unless you can tenuously link it to Corbyn in some way certain people on here seem far less vociferous about it.

Rank hypocrisy Dollers.

Now who are these certain people?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TWTD Troll of the week on 18:13 - Aug 4 with 1309 viewssolomon

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:57 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Rank hypocrisy Dollers.

I’m obviously nailed on for this.
TWTD Troll of the week on 19:09 - Aug 4 with 1279 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:57 - Aug 4 by GlasgowBlue

Rank hypocrisy Dollers.

How is it hypocrisy? I don't start threads about any kind of racism (that doesn't mean I condone it either, before you jump on that).

TWTD Troll of the week on 19:13 - Aug 4 with 1274 viewsEwan_Oozami

Could be a 10 pager reprise Bluers...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

TWTD Troll of the week on 19:40 - Aug 4 with 1251 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

TWTD Troll of the week on 18:13 - Aug 4 by solomon

I’m obviously nailed on for this.

Nope.

TWTD Troll of the week on 19:53 - Aug 4 with 1220 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD Troll of the week on 17:20 - Aug 4 by jeera

For way too many of the actors in this, it's not been about racism or antiracism. But the cheapest, nastiest politics that's all about such wonderful things as keeping money, power and influence in the hands of the political class and their sponsors or apologizing for Israel's apartheid by actively trying to destroy a pro-Palestinian politician.

Our media is complicit. I suspect because they're effectively the same people in the same political class and who don't really see any problem with lies, poverty, brown racism etc if it's about "protecting Western values" and their own position in the status quo. Harsh but absolutely fair given their shonky record on this and other issues.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 19:56]

TWTD Troll of the week on 20:12 - Aug 4 with 1196 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

TWTD Troll of the week on 19:53 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

For way too many of the actors in this, it's not been about racism or antiracism. But the cheapest, nastiest politics that's all about such wonderful things as keeping money, power and influence in the hands of the political class and their sponsors or apologizing for Israel's apartheid by actively trying to destroy a pro-Palestinian politician.

Our media is complicit. I suspect because they're effectively the same people in the same political class and who don't really see any problem with lies, poverty, brown racism etc if it's about "protecting Western values" and their own position in the status quo. Harsh but absolutely fair given their shonky record on this and other issues.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 19:56]

Or the harsher, simpler truth is he was simply a victim of his own incompetence and poor judgement.

If it helps you sleep at night you can blame a media witch hunt but even the Guardian has been fairly critical of him. We have a free press in this country. It might be very right wing, but nobody is going to knock on your door if you published a hard left paper. The reason there isn’t a mainstream one is because bluntly very few people would read it.

He’s of a very limited person who’s had a very privileged upbringing yet still flunked his education, existed in the background of politics for decades due to his lack of talent, and then failed at his shot as leader.

Don’t want to say anything further on the matter it’s been done to death. Let’s get behind Starmer and get the Tories out.
TWTD Troll of the week on 20:36 - Aug 4 with 1166 viewsChurchman

TWTD Troll of the week on 12:05 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

Generally the OP is the theme that sparks the controversy, although there are clearly times where they go off on a tangent.

It seems to me the idea that Corbyn saying we should abandon Ukraine is not a fair summary of a life-long pacifist stating we should be looking to negotiate peace above arming a war and using language that represents that. I am glad we are arming Ukrainians but ultimately we want a fair and lasting peace.

But what exactly is a ‘fair and lasting peace’? Can anyone define what that truly means in this situation?

Russia gets to keep its stolen territory and the rump left is guaranteed peace by Russia and the ineffectual UN? Maybe a guarantee that what’s left of Ukraine never joins NATO or the EU? Is that fair and lasting? Ukraine’s surrender would certainly lasting and if you agree with that animal Putin, it’s fair.

US, U.K. and Russia guaranteed Ukraine’s borders in exchange for nuclear weapons. What value were those guarantees eight years ago when Crimea was stolen or now?

The only fair outcome is for Russia to withdraw to its borders, including from Crimea. It’s not going to happen. Lasting? Putin really isn’t going to stop with Ukraine unless the outcome for him in Ukraine is catastrophic or he is killed.
TWTD Troll of the week on 20:47 - Aug 4 with 1150 viewsDarth_Koont

TWTD Troll of the week on 20:12 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Or the harsher, simpler truth is he was simply a victim of his own incompetence and poor judgement.

If it helps you sleep at night you can blame a media witch hunt but even the Guardian has been fairly critical of him. We have a free press in this country. It might be very right wing, but nobody is going to knock on your door if you published a hard left paper. The reason there isn’t a mainstream one is because bluntly very few people would read it.

He’s of a very limited person who’s had a very privileged upbringing yet still flunked his education, existed in the background of politics for decades due to his lack of talent, and then failed at his shot as leader.

Don’t want to say anything further on the matter it’s been done to death. Let’s get behind Starmer and get the Tories out.

You're not kidding anyone. And you're completely ignoring that people lied, cheated and stole to make their accusations against him.

If it was all about his competence, lack of talent or even his policies then that would have been the basis of the discussion and the criticism. But of course it wasn't about that at all so stuff had to be made up, exaggerated and repackaged in the worst possible faith.

Feck them – and feck Starmer and the Tories.

TWTD Troll of the week on 21:59 - Aug 4 with 1042 viewsNthsuffolkblue

TWTD Troll of the week on 20:36 - Aug 4 by Churchman

But what exactly is a ‘fair and lasting peace’? Can anyone define what that truly means in this situation?

Russia gets to keep its stolen territory and the rump left is guaranteed peace by Russia and the ineffectual UN? Maybe a guarantee that what’s left of Ukraine never joins NATO or the EU? Is that fair and lasting? Ukraine’s surrender would certainly lasting and if you agree with that animal Putin, it’s fair.

US, U.K. and Russia guaranteed Ukraine’s borders in exchange for nuclear weapons. What value were those guarantees eight years ago when Crimea was stolen or now?

The only fair outcome is for Russia to withdraw to its borders, including from Crimea. It’s not going to happen. Lasting? Putin really isn’t going to stop with Ukraine unless the outcome for him in Ukraine is catastrophic or he is killed.

A fair and lasting peace has to include the integrity of Ukraine as a democratic nation.

I cannot see the current Ukrainian authorities accepting loss of any territory and why should they?

I don not agree with Putin, I don't think he should gain from this in any way at all. He should be forced to withdraw from Ukraine. If that is accompanied by his death or overthrow all the better. Ultimately he and others in authority there should be facing trial for war crimes. While that may seem highly unlikely right now, situations change and it continues to be what I hope to see happen.

TWTD Troll of the week on 22:33 - Aug 4 with 929 viewsChurchman

TWTD Troll of the week on 21:59 - Aug 4 by Nthsuffolkblue

A fair and lasting peace has to include the integrity of Ukraine as a democratic nation.

I cannot see the current Ukrainian authorities accepting loss of any territory and why should they?

I don not agree with Putin, I don't think he should gain from this in any way at all. He should be forced to withdraw from Ukraine. If that is accompanied by his death or overthrow all the better. Ultimately he and others in authority there should be facing trial for war crimes. While that may seem highly unlikely right now, situations change and it continues to be what I hope to see happen.

Agree 100%.

The only way I can see this outcome is by sustained resistance to Putin’s aggression to the point where the Russian army says enough is enough and executes him. Just can’t see it happening at the moment, but then I thought Ukraine would collapse in a few days, so who knows.

A lot depends on Biden and America’s continued support for Ukraine militarily and economically.
TWTD Troll of the week on 23:08 - Aug 4 with 884 viewsCrayonKing

TWTD Troll of the week on 20:47 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

You're not kidding anyone. And you're completely ignoring that people lied, cheated and stole to make their accusations against him.

If it was all about his competence, lack of talent or even his policies then that would have been the basis of the discussion and the criticism. But of course it wasn't about that at all so stuff had to be made up, exaggerated and repackaged in the worst possible faith.

Feck them – and feck Starmer and the Tories.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was *entirely* about his competence and lack of talent.

At the time he was elected I thought he was a breath of fresh air, someone who really means it, a genuine alternative blah blah. Over time it became obvious, to me at least, that I was projecting what I wanted him to be rather than what he actually was.

Policies/manifesto: pretty good. Nuclear disarmament? Hallelujah!

Leadership skills? ability to articulate policies and political stances? thinking on his feet? he just didn't seem very good at any of it. Scrap Trident: great! Oh...the union didn't like that so now we'll scrap it but still build the subs to save the jobs. I'm sure that was probably misinterpreted by a biased media, but the fact the policy was articulated in a way that it was possible to frame that way was a failure of leadership. Brexit: Always been anti-EU but most members are remainers so I'll campaign to remain, just not very enthusiastically. Again a failure of leadership. His selling point is supposed to be saying what he means, yet on Europe it was a total fudge (or at the very least he articulated it so badly it appeared to be).

Actual results? He lost elections to arguably the 2 worst prime-ministers we've ever had (I know one was actually a hung parliament, but close enough). One hid in a broom cupboard to avoid the media, the other hid in a fridge. And he lost to them. One by a landslide.

Sure there was a media campaign against him, like there is every labour leader, but they had so much more to work with!

I'm ashamed to say the more unsavoury stuff didn't bother me at the time. Seemed pretty obviously a smear campaign. In hindsight I think that was pretty naive of me too.
TWTD Troll of the week on 10:13 - Aug 5 with 718 viewsvestanpance

(free hit Hoppy)

Stop being so reasonable you flirt.

Blog: Saturday is Non-League Day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024