Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Wark is 65 today 11:29 - Aug 4 with 1055 viewschicoazul

What a player and what a man.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

John Wark is 65 today on 15:01 - Aug 4 with 955 viewsazuremerlangus

He’s here, he’s there…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

John Wark is 65 today on 15:06 - Aug 4 with 939 viewsSwansea_Blue

John Wark is 65 today on 15:01 - Aug 4 by azuremerlangus

He’s here, he’s there…

He’s every-fkn-where, Johnny Wark, Johnny Wark!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

John Wark is 65 today on 15:45 - Aug 4 with 920 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

1975 cup semi final replay v West Ham, a very young Wark was centre half, and his weak header out of defence fell to Alan Taylor who scored immediately afterwards. My older brother said he’d never forgive him, but of course he did! What a legend! How much would he be worth in today’s game? When he went to Liverpool he even outscored Ian Rush. Remarkable goals record from midfield.
John Wark is 65 today on 19:16 - Aug 4 with 841 viewsElephantintheRoom

John Wark is 65 today on 15:45 - Aug 4 by muhrensleftfoot

1975 cup semi final replay v West Ham, a very young Wark was centre half, and his weak header out of defence fell to Alan Taylor who scored immediately afterwards. My older brother said he’d never forgive him, but of course he did! What a legend! How much would he be worth in today’s game? When he went to Liverpool he even outscored Ian Rush. Remarkable goals record from midfield.

I always liked Wark’s anecdote about making his debut as a 17 year old at Filbert St marking Allan Clarke in the 2nd replay against Leeds - he held out his hand to ´Sniffer’ to wish him luck before they came out on the pitch - and Sniffer kicked him.

When you think he was discarded to Boro to make way for Eddy Youds - and played a lot in central defence in his dotage, his record is astounding

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

John Wark is 65 today on 20:51 - Aug 4 with 789 viewsSeablu

John Wark is 65 today on 15:45 - Aug 4 by muhrensleftfoot

Bobby Gould’s fault.
His sole brief was to kick Hunter and Beattie in the first match.
John Wark is 65 today on 20:55 - Aug 4 with 785 viewsFunge

He was the best.

I only saw him 2nd and 3rd times round; he would always either score, or be sent off, against the budgies.

Achievements every Town player should aspire towards.
John Wark is 65 today on 09:26 - Aug 5 with 613 viewsMetal_Hacker

Fortunate to have watched him in his "prime" in the 80-81 season

Bloke was a machine !

Poll: If it were one or the other

John Wark is 65 today on 10:13 - Aug 5 with 555 viewsChrisd

I'm feeling old! If Wark was playing today and in his pomp, how much would he be worth in today's transfer market?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 10:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

John Wark is 65 today on 10:14 - Aug 5 with 542 viewsvestanpance

He once made me a cup of tea. It was solid, correct sugaring, a little under milked but strong. 7/10.

Blog: Saturday is Non-League Day

John Wark is 65 today on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 494 viewsazuremerlangus

John Wark is 65 today on 10:13 - Aug 5 by Chrisd

I'm feeling old! If Wark was playing today and in his pomp, how much would he be worth in today's transfer market?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 10:18]

Doesn’t bear thinking about…

I was lucky to have seen him in his pomp - and to heard (and joined in with) that chant from the north stand many a time.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

John Wark is 65 today on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 494 viewsKingsCrossBlue

John Wark is 65 today on 10:14 - Aug 5 by vestanpance

He once made me a cup of tea. It was solid, correct sugaring, a little under milked but strong. 7/10.

When I was 8, he turned up to the Stowmarket Play Scheme in the Middle School to add some celebrity glamour, and I beat him in a penalty shoot out competition.

About 15 years later, me and my Dad bumped in to him at a Little Chef near Doncaster. I brought up the penalty shoot out, but he claimed he couldn’t recall it.

He definitely could.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024