Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fantasy football tips 13:11 - Aug 4 with 834 viewsitfc_bucks

I normally have a stinker of a start to the season and come back strong over christmas - anyone got any hints and tips for the team selection for GW1?
Fantasy football tips on 13:16 - Aug 4 with 791 viewsmylittletown

Jesus.
Fantasy football tips on 13:23 - Aug 4 with 772 viewsCrayonKing

Strikers from promoted teams are usually dirt cheap and sometimes hit the ground running. Could it be the year that Mitrovic finally does it in the PL after tearing-up the Championship?
Fantasy football tips on 13:36 - Aug 4 with 735 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Team of 4.5 million pound players gives you lots of wiggle room as the band waggons present themselves. Don't get Salah, you'll be fine 👌👍👀

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fantasy football tips on 14:07 - Aug 4 with 686 viewsIscaBlue

I've discovered this resource this year after many years of failures! https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyPL/

Lots to read up on there if you have the time!
Fantasy football tips on 14:18 - Aug 4 with 663 viewstractordownsouth

General rules for me

1) Get Salah and at least 1 Liverpool fullback. Every year people try drafts without them to try and be clever but it never works.

2) Spread your money around the team. If you were to start with Trent, Salah and Kane, you can easily switch them to Cancelo, KDB and Haaland by doing one transfer each. Whereas if you start with Haaland, Kane and Nunez and then decide you want KDB, you will probably need to use 2 transfers by swapping one of your premium strikers to a budget option and then transferring out a cheap midfielder for KDB.

3) Don't waste money on 2 playing keepers. Get a first choice keeper and a £4m as reserve because rotating them costs money and is a tough decision to make every week which almost always goes wrong.

4) Spend the minimum on your bench. Go for 4m keepers and defenders, with £4.5m midfielders and forwards. I often make one exception (maybe a £4.5m defender or a £5m midfielder) but you can have outfielders at base prices who are guaranteed to play without compromising the quality of your first team.

5) The World Cup means there are effectively 3 wildcards because you get unlimited transfers after the tournament, so don't be afraid to use one early in the season if you need to. I did mine last year after the September International break.

As for players, I'd say the most-undervalued are

Danny Ward (Leicester GK)
Neco Williams (Forest, DF)
Kieran Trippier (Newcastle, DF)
Leon Bailey (Villa, MF)
Luis Diaz (Liverpool, MF)
Pedro Neto (Wolves, MF)
Andreas (Fulham, MF)
Wilson (Newcastle, FW)
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 14:19]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet