Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna 17:22 - Aug 4 with 3993 viewscressi

Without another striker we won't be promoted a injury to Ladapo and we are down the river without a paddle No chance Jackson going to be that man a good impact substitute maybe . Worrying where the goals will come from . 80% possession lovely But goals required.
McKenna on 17:25 - Aug 4 with 3157 viewsJ2BLUE

Why is there no chance? Why write Jackson off? He was decent before Lambert went nuts. Then Cook didn't like him. Jackson deserves a chance. Why fans need to make their minds up about someone before they've had a chance I really don't know.

Pigott had an off season but seems to be doing well (again, far too early to tell, but just making a point). Let's see what Jackson can do in a McKenna side.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna on 17:38 - Aug 4 with 3096 viewscressi

McKenna on 17:25 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Why is there no chance? Why write Jackson off? He was decent before Lambert went nuts. Then Cook didn't like him. Jackson deserves a chance. Why fans need to make their minds up about someone before they've had a chance I really don't know.

Pigott had an off season but seems to be doing well (again, far too early to tell, but just making a point). Let's see what Jackson can do in a McKenna side.

18 goals in 106 games at Ipswich so yea we will get 20 in a season
We have to wake up smell the coffee
McKenna on 18:01 - Aug 4 with 3013 viewsJ2BLUE

McKenna on 17:38 - Aug 4 by cressi

How many played out of position or coming on as a sub?

Not suggesting he is going to score 20. I reckon he'll get 10+.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna on 18:02 - Aug 4 with 3022 viewsOldFart71

The best teams score goals from all positions. Where we have certainly lost some of the threat is central defence which is why the set piece situation is always highlighted. I must admit I am slightly concerned that although we do seem to have a very good squad that we still may not have that 15-20 goals a season man. I know whoever you bring in there's certainly no guarantee. But with the likes of the Pig he had one standout season whereas if a player came in who had done it for several seasons then the chances must be greater of him scoring a similar amount ?
McKenna on 18:04 - Aug 4 with 3011 viewsGarv

He's got a point, albeit put across bluntly. It's fair to say if Ladapo is injured and we don't get a new striker (we will so it's irrelevant) we're a bit stuck.

Jackson will prove useful but he's had enough of a chance across four years for people to have made opinions that he can't/won't be the main man. I don't think that's unreasonable.

But McKenna rates him so we'll see.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

McKenna on 18:25 - Aug 4 with 2948 viewsGuthrum

John-Jules and Chaplin can both play CF. We also have goals from elsewhere (Burns, Aluko, Morsy last season).

In any case, we may well get another striker in before the window closes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McKenna on 18:50 - Aug 4 with 2874 viewsitfcsuth

John-Jules is a striker. Has played as a striker throughout most of his youth career at Arsenal and England youth, as well as loan appearances elsewhere.

We have 3 strikers, John-Jules has the versatility to operate from the left.
McKenna on 18:51 - Aug 4 with 2868 viewsIllinoisblue

A mere 45 games and a month of the transfer window to go. Fold the club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

McKenna on 19:01 - Aug 4 with 2833 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

What happened to Simpson, is he still on the books?
McKenna on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 2783 viewsjayessess

We allowed 4 shots at our goal last Saturday, FOUR.

A team that keeps the opposition to 4 shots a game could get promoted with me playing up front, ffs.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McKenna on 19:34 - Aug 4 with 2768 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna on 19:01 - Aug 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

What happened to Simpson, is he still on the books?

For the moment.
McKenna on 19:43 - Aug 4 with 2737 viewsVeggie

McKenna on 19:34 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

For the moment.

It’s McKirdy isn’t it?
McKenna on 00:36 - Aug 5 with 2425 viewsHighgateBlue

I agree that we dominate far far more than we win, and that this is a potential problem, however tight our defence is (and it is).

But McKenna is no idiot. Let's see. It just might be that either we have someone incoming (and Hirst is seemingly not yet impossible), orrr, one of the new signings turns out to be the Mutt's nutz.

But yeah, given our lack of striker goals since Bonne's purple patch, given we finished 11th last year, given we've lost Bonne, Pigott and Norwood, given that we dominated against Bolton and didn't win, and given that we're allowed a gazillion subs, another striker won't do any harm.
McKenna on 05:12 - Aug 5 with 2345 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

May not be the answer, but we do have Ben Morris back in November. Tete Yenghi is also due to return to the club in mid-September.
McKenna on 08:36 - Aug 5 with 2114 viewsPrideOfTheEast

They'll be pushing for Hirst I suspect. And will have 2 or 3 others in reserve. We'll have at least one more by the end of the window.

Remember this is a massive season for everybody involved. Huge pressure to go up, and Ashton and co must know that.
McKenna on 08:57 - Aug 5 with 2019 viewsBlueBlood90

McKenna on 17:38 - Aug 4 by cressi

I don't remember Daryl Murphy ever getting close to 27 goals in a season either but he did it once and it nearly got us promoted. Don't write anybody off after one game of the season. Besides, we also have John-Jules and Chaplin who can play down the middle and there's another 3 weeks of the transfer window left too.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

McKenna on 10:20 - Aug 5 with 1842 viewsDMDC

McKenna on 08:36 - Aug 5 by PrideOfTheEast

They'll be pushing for Hirst I suspect. And will have 2 or 3 others in reserve. We'll have at least one more by the end of the window.

Remember this is a massive season for everybody involved. Huge pressure to go up, and Ashton and co must know that.

l really dont think Hirst is the answer, l know l keep saying it but he isnt for me. We need someone badly.who that is l really dont know. Maybe Jerry Yates.
McKenna on 10:22 - Aug 5 with 1831 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson has had a chance, many chances, many many chances.... and missed them all.

He isn't a striker, its simple really, he won't ever score goals.

So yeah, we need another striker on the books.

RIP Sir Bobby

McKenna on 10:27 - Aug 5 with 1797 viewsStokieBlue

McKenna on 10:22 - Aug 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Jackson has had a chance, many chances, many many chances.... and missed them all.

He isn't a striker, its simple really, he won't ever score goals.

So yeah, we need another striker on the books.

You were saying the same thing about Jackson when he was scoring and assisting playing in a 2. He scored 3 in 12 last season when playing a specific roll - scaled up that's about 10 goals which is plenty for a support striker.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to score 20+ goals.

You just hate him for some reason and have for years. It's really weird.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

McKenna on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 1762 viewsChrisd

I tend to agree, but Lapado might not get injured and whose to say that KM hasn't got another striker up his sleeve? The club keep their transfer business very close to their chest as we all know now. The transfer window still has a few weeks left and the door is still ajar.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

McKenna on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 1760 viewsWallingford_Boy

McKenna on 10:27 - Aug 5 by StokieBlue

You were saying the same thing about Jackson when he was scoring and assisting playing in a 2. He scored 3 in 12 last season when playing a specific roll - scaled up that's about 10 goals which is plenty for a support striker.

I don't think anyone is expecting him to score 20+ goals.

You just hate him for some reason and have for years. It's really weird.

SB

I don't hate anyone! That's a very strong term.

I just don't think Jacko is very good at football, that's all.

RIP Sir Bobby

McKenna on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 1727 viewsDMDC

McKenna on 10:34 - Aug 5 by Wallingford_Boy

I don't hate anyone! That's a very strong term.

I just don't think Jacko is very good at football, that's all.

lm with you on that one. Has had many many chances. I dont see anything in him.
McKenna on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 1717 viewsCityBlue

go in early for Healy before a bidding war begins hoping to get a Bosman

I T I D

McKenna on 10:53 - Aug 5 with 1699 viewsStokieBlue

McKenna on 10:50 - Aug 5 by CityBlue

go in early for Healy before a bidding war begins hoping to get a Bosman

Someone who has scored 35 in 65 matches in Ligue 1 is going to come to Town in League One?

Some perspective needed here I think.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

McKenna on 10:55 - Aug 5 with 1686 viewsPhilTWTD

McKenna on 19:43 - Aug 4 by Veggie

It’s McKirdy isn’t it?

I don't really see it, to be honest. And it would surprise me if Simpson were to go to Swindon if some sort of swap was what you're pondering, plenty of clubs from divisions above after him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024