Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna 17:22 - Aug 4 with 3991 viewscressi

Without another striker we won't be promoted a injury to Ladapo and we are down the river without a paddle No chance Jackson going to be that man a good impact substitute maybe . Worrying where the goals will come from . 80% possession lovely But goals required.
McKenna on 10:57 - Aug 5 with 795 viewsCheltenham_Blue

McKenna on 10:55 - Aug 5 by PhilTWTD

I don't really see it, to be honest. And it would surprise me if Simpson were to go to Swindon if some sort of swap was what you're pondering, plenty of clubs from divisions above after him.

But will any of them pay for him?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

McKenna on 11:00 - Aug 5 with 789 viewsjayessess

McKenna on 10:22 - Aug 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Jackson has had a chance, many chances, many many chances.... and missed them all.

He isn't a striker, its simple really, he won't ever score goals.

So yeah, we need another striker on the books.

Has he? He's had 3 seasons with us in League 1.

In 2019-20, he scored a goal or made an assist every 140 minutes, better than literally everyone else at the club managed in 2021-22.

In 2020-21, he started injured, got coronavirus, didn't get a move to the division above even though he wasn't wanted, got sent to train with the reserves, then played for demolition man. Terrible year, but certainly not 100% his fault.

In 2021-22, he scored a goal or made an assist every 95 minutes.

Every time a manager has shown faith in Kayden Jackson at this level, he's produced. If he hits anywhere near his 2019-20 or 2021-22 numbers this season, we'll be lucky to have him.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:12]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McKenna on 16:49 - Aug 5 with 691 viewsWallingford_Boy

McKenna on 11:00 - Aug 5 by jayessess

Has he? He's had 3 seasons with us in League 1.

In 2019-20, he scored a goal or made an assist every 140 minutes, better than literally everyone else at the club managed in 2021-22.

In 2020-21, he started injured, got coronavirus, didn't get a move to the division above even though he wasn't wanted, got sent to train with the reserves, then played for demolition man. Terrible year, but certainly not 100% his fault.

In 2021-22, he scored a goal or made an assist every 95 minutes.

Every time a manager has shown faith in Kayden Jackson at this level, he's produced. If he hits anywhere near his 2019-20 or 2021-22 numbers this season, we'll be lucky to have him.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:12]

Have you seen him play?!

He is just awful.

Oh and zero chance McKirdy will be playing L1 football, just ain't good enough.

RIP Sir Bobby

McKenna on 20:05 - Aug 5 with 638 viewsArnieM

McKenna on 17:25 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Why is there no chance? Why write Jackson off? He was decent before Lambert went nuts. Then Cook didn't like him. Jackson deserves a chance. Why fans need to make their minds up about someone before they've had a chance I really don't know.

Pigott had an off season but seems to be doing well (again, far too early to tell, but just making a point). Let's see what Jackson can do in a McKenna side.

Agreed. But my “ why” is , why entitle the thread McKenna when he’s talking about signing a striker?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

McKenna on 20:25 - Aug 5 with 612 viewsTrequartista

Unfortunately we still have this situation where the transfer window closes several weeks after the season starts. I'd rather buy a better striker in August than buy an inferior striker before the season starts. If we don't buy one before the window shuts then yes, it looks like we will be short of goals.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

McKenna on 20:40 - Aug 5 with 600 viewsSwansea_Blue

McKenna on 18:50 - Aug 4 by itfcsuth

John-Jules is a striker. Has played as a striker throughout most of his youth career at Arsenal and England youth, as well as loan appearances elsewhere.

We have 3 strikers, John-Jules has the versatility to operate from the left.

I still think our forward options now are more suited to using 2 wingers/wide forwards in a genuine front 3. It hamstrings Wes a bit, but that’s no problem while he plays like he did last weekend. The bigger problem would be losing a CB, so I imagine he won’t do it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 20:41]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

McKenna on 22:53 - Aug 5 with 546 viewsjayessess

McKenna on 16:49 - Aug 5 by Wallingford_Boy

Have you seen him play?!

He is just awful.

Awful is subjective, we're not going to agree but that's football.
"Missed every chance" is just objectively untrue. It's there in black and white that he contributes goal and assists when he plays and is trusted.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

McKenna on 00:12 - Aug 6 with 494 viewsDarkHorse

Have you seen him play?!

He is just awful.

Ridiculous post.

It's hardly like he's missing chances for fun, ffs. He's playing to his strengths more under McKenna, is a threat playing on the shoulder of the last defender, creates chances/assists and has a decent conversion rate.

I do think we need another striker but Kayden clearly has a role here, as he's shown countless times.
Login to get fewer ads

McKenna on 08:49 - Aug 6 with 394 viewsVic

Have you seen him play?!

He is just awful.

I think you’re on one of your windup’s Wally! We have a highly rated manager who sees Jackson every day in training, watching how he complements (or not) the other players, watches how well he finishes. He’s also a manager who analyses opposition teams to see their strengths and weaknesses. If he thinks Jackson will help us I’ll trust him rather than my observations (and, with all due respects, yours!) from watching him in a few games.

But like I say, my guess is that you’re having a little play in this thread.

Have a great day, enjoy the game (must be quite local for you, and looking forward to your report afterwards.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024