Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting study in the Grauniad. 21:01 - Aug 4 with 491 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/04/climate-breakdown-supercharg

A good article discussing the ever-improving understanding of the link between the readily measurable amount of warming we have created and are continuing to create despite our pathetic efforts so far, and the consequences of that warming in terms of specific weather events and collapse of habitats, with worldwide examples.

Also the shocking speed at which these changes are happening, and the unexpectedly large step changes we are seeing in temperature records all over the world, with fairly recent worst case scenarios now looking like underestimates.

If you have a decision to make about your consumption or lifestyle, have a bloody good think about your priorities. It is still worth trying to make a difference, but hope is receding very quickly.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Interesting study in the Grauniad. on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 431 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/04/florida-sea-turtles-female-globa

It's already too late to keep to 1.5C, it's probably too late to keep to 2C. It's going to be somewhere near 3C in the end and that's going to be catastrophic.

Don't forget though, it was hot in 1976.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Interesting study in the Grauniad. on 21:31 - Aug 4 with 425 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m a little bit take aback at how quickly business travel has returned. We seemed to manage pretty well virtually during the pandemic but that’s all long forgotten now.

I certainly don’t begrudge anyone taking a fortnight abroad after working hard all year round, but there’s an awful lot of unnecessary air miles being racked up. I think firms should have to report on this in their annual reports.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024