Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans or Ball 21:31 - Aug 4 with 1743 viewsringwoodblue

When Ball is fully fit it will be interesting to see if he displaces Evans in front of the defence or if McKenna rotates them to keep them both fit and happy. I prefer a settled side for league matches so I’d go with Morsy and Ball.

What would you do?

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

Evans or Ball on 21:34 - Aug 4 with 1706 viewsSweetman

Evans earned his place on Saturday to be fair, and doesn't deserve to lose it. But I doubt Ball has come here just to sit on the bench and I'm sure McK sees him as very important against the lower league, tougher teams.

A nice selection problem to have.
Evans or Ball on 21:35 - Aug 4 with 1701 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Few cup games first perhaps and see how he fits in?

He’s played a lot of games in the Championship for a decent side so he must have some pedigree.
Evans or Ball on 21:42 - Aug 4 with 1671 viewsjayessess

Ball will come straight in when available for sure.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Evans or Ball on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 1605 viewsSheffordBlue

They've got slightly different attributes I think. Ball will provide better security and allow the likes of Woolfie to make more of those surging runs he did last season. Evans has a better range of passing. While I agree on partnerships I think there might be some horses for courses depending on the opposition.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Evans or Ball on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 1605 viewsmichaeldownunder

Or will they play a three / five in the middle of the park in some games?
Evans or Ball on 00:12 - Aug 5 with 1424 viewsNthQldITFC

If we could guarantee no injuries or suspensions I'd prefer a settled side too, the same best eleven starting 46 times a season, but given that's never going to be the case I'd prefer a degree of sensible rotation to keep all of our best players up to speed.

I get the feeling that one of the most important factors in our recruitment of both players and management staff recently, is that they are mature enough to make that work.

So I'd rotate on the basis of opposition quality and style, but also bring earlier substitutions into that given the new allowances.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Evans or Ball on 00:18 - Aug 5 with 1412 viewsBondiBlue

Evans or Ball on 22:04 - Aug 4 by SheffordBlue

They've got slightly different attributes I think. Ball will provide better security and allow the likes of Woolfie to make more of those surging runs he did last season. Evans has a better range of passing. While I agree on partnerships I think there might be some horses for courses depending on the opposition.

This. I think it will depend a lot on how he wants to use morsy. If he wants morsy pushing forward, he may prefer ball because ball can defend. We know evans can't. If we're counter-attacking against the top teams, he may prefer to have morsy deeper and use evans because of his ability to hit long passes.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Evans or Ball on 08:34 - Aug 5 with 1203 viewscbower

It is also key not to overwork Morsy. He will inevitably pick up a suspension at some time too.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Evans or Ball on 08:58 - Aug 5 with 1156 viewsOwainG1992

Ball hasn't joined to sit on the bench.
That being said Morsy and Evans both expect to start.
Not the worst problem in the world to have.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Evans or Ball on 09:14 - Aug 5 with 1128 viewsVeggie

Evans is our set piece taker. Having said that maybe he’s not the best at it.
Evans or Ball on 09:20 - Aug 5 with 1117 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ball straight in, no doubt.

I'm sure they'll be rotated at some point, but Evans as back up for sure.

RIP Sir Bobby

Evans or Ball on 09:39 - Aug 5 with 1084 viewsVic

I reckon I need to see them both in action in this Town team before making my mind up. Both decent players - it's a question of which will be most effective for us.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Evans or Ball on 10:12 - Aug 5 with 1032 viewsChrisd

Evans has got another chance at the weekend to stake his claim, I thought he did a decent job on Saturday against Bolton. If Ball was fit, he'd start for me alongside Morsy, but Evans is a very able deputy and adds a different quality to that midfield. In fact, I'm more than happy with those 3 as our CM options with Humphreys as back up, if KM thinks he's good enough.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Evans or Ball on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 901 viewsGarv

Evans or Ball on 22:04 - Aug 4 by michaeldownunder

Or will they play a three / five in the middle of the park in some games?

3-5-1-1:

Walton
JD Wolf GE
Burns Evans Morsy Ball Davis
Chaplin
Ladapo

I wouldn't mind that.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Evans or Ball on 16:52 - Aug 5 with 774 viewsitfcsuth

Don’t know how we can say yet, we’ve only seen Ball in a couple of pre season appearances.

Evans did very well against Bolton, and seemingly will get a little run with Ball injury.

Think they will rotate throughout the season mainly though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024