Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? 06:02 - Aug 5 with 1185 viewsDanLyles

Who would you start at FGR?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 6:43]

Poll: Who would you start at FGR?
Blog: Fine Margins and Five Matters

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 973 viewsSomethingBlue

The correct answer is Leigh and Aluko.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 06:42 - Aug 6 with 833 viewsDanLyles

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 09:56 - Aug 5 by SomethingBlue

I love watching Aluko. His magnetic touch, footballing intelligence etc. It's not impossible that he starts tomorrow but I think McKenna sees him as more of an impact sub and will be thinking of Harness and TJJ as starters. This is probably because our team lacks everything but a consistent final product, much like Aluko himself. 3 goals and 1 assist in 36 appearances last season is proof of this.

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 08:02 - Aug 6 with 777 viewsDanLyles

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 06:42 - Aug 6 by DanLyles

I love watching Aluko. His magnetic touch, footballing intelligence etc. It's not impossible that he starts tomorrow but I think McKenna sees him as more of an impact sub and will be thinking of Harness and TJJ as starters. This is probably because our team lacks everything but a consistent final product, much like Aluko himself. 3 goals and 1 assist in 36 appearances last season is proof of this.

That should read that he starts today not tomorrow! :)

It's interesting to see the split opinions on here.

I left PR last Saturday feeling strongly that Leigh and TJJ should start the next game. Their athleticism and willingness to fearlessly attack Bolton seemed like a huge improvement on Davis and Harness.

How much of this can be attributed to tiring Bolton legs is open to debate. Maybe if Davis and Harness had come on as finishers, as the game opened up, then they would have put in stronger performances? We will never know.

Maybe McKenna sees Davis and Harness as having the most potential longer term, throughout the season, so will persevere with them? Maybe he will throw in Aluko or another 'surprise'?

IMHO we should start whoever is in the best form right now and helps us get 3 vital points in Nailsworth. We need to kick start our season. I hope the fact we have outlaid big money for Harness and Davis doesn't come into it.

There is possibly a fear that if we drop Davis and Harness then it could affect their confidence and momentum, akin to Joe Pigott last season. However, I would argue that Piggott's problems were unique to him. He suffered a bereavement, which could affect anybody's performance at work.

Plus our manic recruitment of last summer had failed to truly grasp what we were getting. We were hoping to sign an out and out striker to play in Cook's beloved 4-2-3-1 formation. I remember AFC Wimbledon fans sarcastically questioning whether we (or Cook) had worked out how to play Joe properly! He worked best roaming around a target man like Ollie Palmer, not as a lone striker. So the transfer was flawed right from the off.

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 09:16 - Aug 6 with 728 viewsDavoIPB

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 06:42 - Aug 6 by DanLyles

Think Davis was better than most gave credit for. Apart from the penalty. However Leigh gave better attacking options. Definitely JJ on the pitch however I would take Chaplin off. Aluko needs to be on the pitch for longer.
Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 09:58 - Aug 6 with 691 viewsquad

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 09:56 - Aug 5 by SomethingBlue

No, it isn't.
Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 10:11 - Aug 6 with 671 viewsFoD_Blue

Davis had only just arrived at the club last week and would have spent very little time training with the team. I would stick with him to give him a chance to show why we paid a million for him.
Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 10:24 - Aug 6 with 652 viewsquad

Who would you start at FGR? Continue with Davis and Harness? on 10:11 - Aug 6 by FoD_Blue

Davis had only just arrived at the club last week and would have spent very little time training with the team. I would stick with him to give him a chance to show why we paid a million for him.

Hmmm. I don't know. I understand what you are saying but at the same time I think that we all need to consider how this will all affect Leigh's morale. He was great when he came on against Bolton and he was great in preseason.

We don't want to be in a situation where he feels it is impossible for him to force his way into the side. He must be thoroughly peed off already as a couple of weeks ago he would have thought he was a shoo-in to start most games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024