Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website 06:50 - Aug 5 with 2207 viewsKeno

Former Motherwell midfielder Paul Lambert, who has turned down approaches from several English clubs since leaving Ipswich Town in February 2021, would welcome an approach from the Fir Park club over their vacant managerial position. (The Herald)

Who on earth would have approached PRP and was it really only Feb 21 that he felt? It feels a lot longer

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:18 - Aug 5 with 1456 viewsCrayonKing

I've mellowed slightly on Lambert since he's left, and more importantly since we've seen what proper ownership of a club looks like! Can't have been easy working under a disinterested Evans with an infrastructure barely fit for non-league, by some accounts.

The stuff with Phil and the falling out with local journalists was pretty unforgivable IMO but probably doesn't register much outside of Suffolk. At a brief glance his failure here could be excused as an impossible job. Of course any hiring club should be digging further than just a 'brief glance' but I'm guessing it wasn't the best-run clubs that were offering him jobs!

His willingness to take flack for the owner is probably appealing to some owners too!
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:20 - Aug 5 with 1437 viewshype313

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:18 - Aug 5 by CrayonKing

I've mellowed slightly on Lambert since he's left, and more importantly since we've seen what proper ownership of a club looks like! Can't have been easy working under a disinterested Evans with an infrastructure barely fit for non-league, by some accounts.

The stuff with Phil and the falling out with local journalists was pretty unforgivable IMO but probably doesn't register much outside of Suffolk. At a brief glance his failure here could be excused as an impossible job. Of course any hiring club should be digging further than just a 'brief glance' but I'm guessing it wasn't the best-run clubs that were offering him jobs!

His willingness to take flack for the owner is probably appealing to some owners too!

Lambert should never had been given the gig, his previous 4 appointments were all a mess, he was dining out on that success with the budgies.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 1405 viewsFrimleyBlue

Its actually difficult to moan about lambert when so far he's been the most successful town manager in league 1. ( which in itself is painful)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 1343 viewsCrayonKing

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:20 - Aug 5 by hype313

Lambert should never had been given the gig, his previous 4 appointments were all a mess, he was dining out on that success with the budgies.

yep. The warning signs were definitely there, although I was broadly in-favour at the time of the appointment.

Really not sure that anybody could have succeeded under Evans though, and that's presumably why other clubs are prepared to give him another chance. Much as we mock the Dortmund stuff I'm sure its probably appealing to some owners - a way of getting German tactics/training without the risk of going foreign. Having lived through it we know better, but I can see how some owners could still be fooled if they don't look carefully enough!
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:05 - Aug 5 with 1205 viewsSE1blue

He was just one more Paul in a pool of terrible Pauls.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:16 - Aug 5 with 1171 viewsChrisd

If you've got any sense you simply wouldn't touch him if you were a club looking to appoint a new manager. The animosity he created leading up to him signing his new contract before the Wycombe game (away) and his general demeanour around the club at times was generally rather negative, which wasn't healthy. Lots of water under bridge, but there must be better options out there for Motherwell?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 1147 viewsNthQldITFC

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:05 - Aug 5 by SE1blue

He was just one more Paul in a pool of terrible Pauls.

Perhaps 'one more Paul in a pool of appalling Pauls', no?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 1146 viewsChrisd

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:24 - Aug 5 by FrimleyBlue

Its actually difficult to moan about lambert when so far he's been the most successful town manager in league 1. ( which in itself is painful)

but lets not forget the whimper of an effort we made in staying up in the Championship under him. Derby had a 21 point deduction last season and they still amassed a better points total than we could muster.......let that peculate for a few minutes. Pathetic.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:21]

Login to get fewer ads

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 1136 viewsFrimleyBlue

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:19 - Aug 5 by Chrisd

but lets not forget the whimper of an effort we made in staying up in the Championship under him. Derby had a 21 point deduction last season and they still amassed a better points total than we could muster.......let that peculate for a few minutes. Pathetic.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:21]

Oh I know. 4 wins in 31 games I think he managed.

I was just talking about league 1 as that's the league we are in and sadly he's been the most successful at league 1 so far.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:22 - Aug 5 with 1123 viewsChrisd

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:21 - Aug 5 by FrimleyBlue

Oh I know. 4 wins in 31 games I think he managed.

I was just talking about league 1 as that's the league we are in and sadly he's been the most successful at league 1 so far.

Not for long Frimmers, have confidence.

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:30 - Aug 5 with 1089 viewsSE1blue

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:19 - Aug 5 by NthQldITFC

Perhaps 'one more Paul in a pool of appalling Pauls', no?

Like it.

Perhaps ‘One more Paul in an appalling pool of Pauls who pulled us down like a whirlpool’
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 12:31]

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:41 - Aug 5 with 1042 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely the Beeb know it is former "Borussia Dortmund" Lambert?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 12:47 - Aug 5 with 1002 viewsibbleobble

He can’t have been too disinterested given the lucrative contract Lambert wangled out of him!
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 13:04 - Aug 5 with 905 viewsHipsterectomy

He did seem to hate all our local media people. His disdain for Brenner was made very clear in every interaction they had. Lambert went for Stuart Watson and his collegues in one interview saying they write made up shte basically which damages players. Phil did pretty well for lasting so long and it wasn't even his fault!

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 13:11 - Aug 5 with 882 viewsIpswichKnight

Not sure if he mentioned it but didn’t he run the champions league and play for Celtic 😉
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 13:15 - Aug 5 with 863 viewsPrideOfTheEast

There's a difference between turning down an approach and turning down a job. And lots of agents etc involved all the time.
OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 825 viewsCheltenham_Blue

OMG!!! Just read this on BBC website on 11:20 - Aug 5 by hype313

Given the unveiling of Evans disinterest. He may well have been the best we could get.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024