Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This rigid formation 10:43 - Aug 5 with 4438 viewsDMDC

Its clear that KmK isnt going to change from the same formation. Teams are going to know exactly how to set up each week against us. Cook got slaughtered on here for never changing his system, yet KmK seems to get an easy ride. Cook never was for me,but we still keep the same formation week in week out that Mr K likes to play.
One up front,with strikers who are all used to playing in a two and you wonder why they struggle. Two sitting just behind, Chaplin isnt a no.10, he runs around up his own @rse most of the time. None of the number 10s really create a lot. Aluko is about the best we have. I dont think its a natural position for Harness ,think he will struggle if he is expected to play that role each week. It feels very much like square pegs in round holes in the forward positions. As you can see, lm really not a fan of a lone striker.
This rigid formation on 11:21 - Aug 5 with 1136 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 11:03 - Aug 5 by BiGDonnie

About as insightful as yours ya budgie scumbag!

Again, lve been an ITFC season ticket holder for 40 years. Please if you are only going to sling silly accusations at me then kindly refrain.
This rigid formation on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 1098 viewschicoazul

This rigid formation on 10:46 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Very simply.

Cook wasn't getting results. McKenna Is.
Cook wouldn't vary it at all, McKenna Does.

You're over thinking it.

By getting results you mean two wins in the last ten, yes?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This rigid formation on 11:29 - Aug 5 with 1099 viewsjayessess

Some people seem very determined to get as down as possible as quickly as possible, don't they?

We've had one game. We showed some promising things, some concerning things, it is far far too early to decide whether either good or bad are permanent fixtures.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This rigid formation on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 1073 viewsMediocre_Quick

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by DMDC

We need to score goals and we dont, l see no difference from last season, same system.

The system isn't the issue, the issue is we don't have an out and out goalscorer,

Morsy should have put his chance away, but if that falls to Chaplin, Burns, Ladapo, Harness, any of them, that goes in,

We dominated play with the fluidity of the system, we just don't have a finisher,

We had 17 shots on goal, 5 on target, with some quality up top, we score 3/4 of those chances, not just one and have a sitter saved
This rigid formation on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 1056 viewsBiGDonnie

This rigid formation on 11:21 - Aug 5 by DMDC

Again, lve been an ITFC season ticket holder for 40 years. Please if you are only going to sling silly accusations at me then kindly refrain.

Cheer the fook up then you miserable sod.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This rigid formation on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 1051 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

In his last interview he was talking about how we may bring players in that can play different systems when we need to.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

This rigid formation on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 1036 viewsKeno

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by FrimleyBlue

I'm still unsure that 1 individual is suddenly going to make us a free scoring side. It goes a bit deeper imo as shared the other day.

Say it was hirst. Would he alone suddenly make morsy more composed?

I'm not saying I player will do that

but if someone had taken oner chance vs Bolton that would have made a difference

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This rigid formation on 12:04 - Aug 5 with 1007 viewschicoazul

This rigid formation on 11:41 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

The system isn't the issue, the issue is we don't have an out and out goalscorer,

Morsy should have put his chance away, but if that falls to Chaplin, Burns, Ladapo, Harness, any of them, that goes in,

We dominated play with the fluidity of the system, we just don't have a finisher,

We had 17 shots on goal, 5 on target, with some quality up top, we score 3/4 of those chances, not just one and have a sitter saved

Our system is not getting the best out of our best finisher (and probably best player) Chaplin. He’s stuck in between the lines when he should be up top on the end of everything.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

This rigid formation on 12:18 - Aug 5 with 980 viewsIllinoisblue

Can’t believe we’re not promoted after 1 game. Disgrace

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This rigid formation on 12:28 - Aug 5 with 968 viewsSTYG

This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 by DMDC

Another insightful post from you l see ?

However, his was packed with factual content and has got 11 less downvotes.
This rigid formation on 12:33 - Aug 5 with 956 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by FrimleyBlue

I'm still unsure that 1 individual is suddenly going to make us a free scoring side. It goes a bit deeper imo as shared the other day.

Say it was hirst. Would he alone suddenly make morsy more composed?

Whether or not having some of the pressure taken off a player might make them more composed (I don't think anyone actually said it would), don't you think that scoring 10-15 more of our chances across the season would make a difference to our points tally and league position?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This rigid formation on 12:37 - Aug 5 with 942 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This rigid formation on 11:28 - Aug 5 by chicoazul

By getting results you mean two wins in the last ten, yes?

Or winning 11 from 24 compared to Cook's 14 from 44.

This rigid formation on 12:46 - Aug 5 with 933 viewsSkip_Intro

This rigid formation on 10:47 - Aug 5 by StokieBlue

Most journalists and people on here have noted how the formation is actually very fluid and switches throughout the match depending on what is needed. The only person seeming to be advocating a rigid formation is you, in that you are insistent it should be two up front.

Another on of your very poor takes, and a posting history very similar to an Alan who was a monkey.

SB

never let the facts get in the way of a bit of (admittedly poor) trolling...
This rigid formation on 12:50 - Aug 5 with 911 viewsFrimleyBlue

This rigid formation on 12:33 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Whether or not having some of the pressure taken off a player might make them more composed (I don't think anyone actually said it would), don't you think that scoring 10-15 more of our chances across the season would make a difference to our points tally and league position?

Course it would. But just having a new striker imo won't suddenly change this. Many of the chances on sat fell to non strikers. I also don't see for this level at least.. who could come in as striker and get more than ladapo will.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This rigid formation on 13:00 - Aug 5 with 901 viewsMediocre_Quick

This rigid formation on 12:04 - Aug 5 by chicoazul

Our system is not getting the best out of our best finisher (and probably best player) Chaplin. He’s stuck in between the lines when he should be up top on the end of everything.

He got beyond Ladapo everytime he held the ball up, the issue isn't the system, it's our inability to take the chances we create for ourselves,

As I said, if the chance at the end falls to Chaplin, 9/10 times, he puts it away and we take the 3 points,

Chappers was also key in the build up to that final chance, so to say the system doesn't benefit him is utter madness, he's a nailed on starter each week in the 10 role, as thats where he flourishes
This rigid formation on 13:31 - Aug 5 with 858 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This rigid formation on 12:50 - Aug 5 by FrimleyBlue

Course it would. But just having a new striker imo won't suddenly change this. Many of the chances on sat fell to non strikers. I also don't see for this level at least.. who could come in as striker and get more than ladapo will.

It is about getting the right player. If all they do is take Ladapo's place in the team and score the same number of goals as him then no it will make no difference.

However, a striker who poaches the rebounds, moves slightly quicker than Morsy or John-Joules did to get on the end of the crosses that left only the keeper to beat, who makes the run that Ladapo didn't at some point in the game suddenly has a hat trick on Saturday and we win 3 or 4-1. If you can't see that makes a difference, then I can see why you would argue we don't need a striker.

This rigid formation on 13:40 - Aug 5 with 837 viewsFrimleyBlue

This rigid formation on 13:31 - Aug 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is about getting the right player. If all they do is take Ladapo's place in the team and score the same number of goals as him then no it will make no difference.

However, a striker who poaches the rebounds, moves slightly quicker than Morsy or John-Joules did to get on the end of the crosses that left only the keeper to beat, who makes the run that Ladapo didn't at some point in the game suddenly has a hat trick on Saturday and we win 3 or 4-1. If you can't see that makes a difference, then I can see why you would argue we don't need a striker.

But is there a poacher who plays as a lone striker?

For me. Chaplin is or should be the poacher alongside ladapo. Jackson had the knack of being that poacher when he first came in. Getting onto rebounds. Being right place right time.

But we do only use that 1 main striker so I don't see a poacher type being seeked
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 13:42]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This rigid formation on 17:37 - Aug 5 with 757 viewsPioneerBlue

Jeez

Very simply posters either don’t watch itfc or don’t seem to understand the fluidity with us switching in-game between 3 and 2 central defenders, overloading left or right in the process, then at time looking like we are in a 4231, 433 and presumably at times potentially even having 2 strikers.

I expect planning for that isn’t straightforward! That’s without making a sub and changing the emphasis of our attack.

1 game down.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

This rigid formation on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 741 viewsgosblue

What is wrong with other teams knowing our game? Man City and Liverpool play with a similar set up for almost every league game. Teams know what’s coming, they just can’t do much about it. Burns will be targeted this year and that will create openings elsewhere. KMcK saw where the deficiencies were last year and we have filled most of those gaps. Town could be very dominant this season but I agree that we need to convert chances. COYB
This rigid formation on 18:33 - Aug 5 with 700 viewsBlueBadger

Your yellow tail feathers are hanging out again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This rigid formation on 19:25 - Aug 5 with 658 viewsibbleobble

This rigid formation on 10:46 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Very simply.

Cook wasn't getting results. McKenna Is.
Cook wouldn't vary it at all, McKenna Does.

You're over thinking it.

None of this is true. McKenna has won two of his last ten. That’s not, “getting results”, at least, not to the level we need. Cook also played a 442 on occasion and KM has alternated with one or two up front.
This rigid formation on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 632 viewsLeoMuff

This rigid formation on 19:25 - Aug 5 by ibbleobble

None of this is true. McKenna has won two of his last ten. That’s not, “getting results”, at least, not to the level we need. Cook also played a 442 on occasion and KM has alternated with one or two up front.

Being fair, Under cook we scored but leaked goals for fun, Mck sorted the defence beyond all expectations, but inherited Jackson, Piggott and Norwood as strikers. The Pig so low on confidence he was redundant, Jackson out of the club in all but name and Norwood on the naughty step.

This is the season to judge a bit more fairly.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This rigid formation on 19:43 - Aug 5 with 627 viewsTractorCam

We were literally playing a different formation last week

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

This rigid formation on 19:45 - Aug 5 with 620 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This rigid formation on 19:43 - Aug 5 by TractorCam

We were literally playing a different formation last week

The OP will soon be criticising him for not knowing what his best formation is.

This rigid formation on 19:57 - Aug 5 with 607 viewsibbleobble

This rigid formation on 19:35 - Aug 5 by LeoMuff

Being fair, Under cook we scored but leaked goals for fun, Mck sorted the defence beyond all expectations, but inherited Jackson, Piggott and Norwood as strikers. The Pig so low on confidence he was redundant, Jackson out of the club in all but name and Norwood on the naughty step.

This is the season to judge a bit more fairly.

I agree. I’d just like the fan base to be consistent. If we were intent on carrying over Cook’s poor end to a season then we should do the same with KM. KMs a very promising manager but all managers have their Achilles heel and we’re beginning to see KMs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024