Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This rigid formation 10:43 - Aug 5 with 4436 viewsDMDC

Its clear that KmK isnt going to change from the same formation. Teams are going to know exactly how to set up each week against us. Cook got slaughtered on here for never changing his system, yet KmK seems to get an easy ride. Cook never was for me,but we still keep the same formation week in week out that Mr K likes to play.
One up front,with strikers who are all used to playing in a two and you wonder why they struggle. Two sitting just behind, Chaplin isnt a no.10, he runs around up his own @rse most of the time. None of the number 10s really create a lot. Aluko is about the best we have. I dont think its a natural position for Harness ,think he will struggle if he is expected to play that role each week. It feels very much like square pegs in round holes in the forward positions. As you can see, lm really not a fan of a lone striker.
This rigid formation on 10:45 - Aug 5 with 2435 viewsunbelievablue

I get what you're saying, but is it clear that he isn't going to adapt?

I'd give him some leeway - he has had a summer now, and made the additions he wants (mostly). I think we'll see more changes this season where necessary.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

This rigid formation on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2425 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Very simply.

Cook wasn't getting results. McKenna Is.
Cook wouldn't vary it at all, McKenna Does.

You're over thinking it.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This rigid formation on 10:47 - Aug 5 with 2417 viewsStokieBlue

Most journalists and people on here have noted how the formation is actually very fluid and switches throughout the match depending on what is needed. The only person seeming to be advocating a rigid formation is you, in that you are insistent it should be two up front.

Another on of your very poor takes, and a posting history very similar to an Alan who was a monkey.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This rigid formation on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 2401 viewsBiGDonnie

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This rigid formation on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 2381 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:46 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Very simply.

Cook wasn't getting results. McKenna Is.
Cook wouldn't vary it at all, McKenna Does.

You're over thinking it.

Is McKenna getting results though ? The back end of last season would suggest otherwise. And being there Saturday l didnt see any real changes. We will dominate play,yes, but score enough in this system,l dont think so.
This rigid formation on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 2368 viewsMediocre_Quick

It's not a rigid formation though, if you take your blinkers off and watch what happens on the pitch, you'll see how fluid the play his and how often we have players dropping into other positions to help the team out, and with the attacking play as well
This rigid formation on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 2347 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This rigid formation on 10:50 - Aug 5 by DMDC

Is McKenna getting results though ? The back end of last season would suggest otherwise. And being there Saturday l didnt see any real changes. We will dominate play,yes, but score enough in this system,l dont think so.

Back end of last season was a dead rubber.
And we won't play too many teams better than Bolton this season.

This rigid formation on 10:53 - Aug 5 with 2347 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:47 - Aug 5 by StokieBlue

Most journalists and people on here have noted how the formation is actually very fluid and switches throughout the match depending on what is needed. The only person seeming to be advocating a rigid formation is you, in that you are insistent it should be two up front.

Another on of your very poor takes, and a posting history very similar to an Alan who was a monkey.

SB

It may seem fluid, but its the same system week in week out and yes, we dominate play, but we dont score enough. I saw nothing that changed my opinion Saturday.
Login to get fewer ads

This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 2329 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:48 - Aug 5 by BiGDonnie

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Another insightful post from you l see ?
This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 2329 viewsKeno

This rigid formation on 10:53 - Aug 5 by DMDC

It may seem fluid, but its the same system week in week out and yes, we dominate play, but we dont score enough. I saw nothing that changed my opinion Saturday.

if we dominate play and create changes the system isnt it issue

I think we all agree what we need is a goalscorer

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2292 viewsFrimleyBlue

This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 by Keno

if we dominate play and create changes the system isnt it issue

I think we all agree what we need is a goalscorer

I'm still unsure that 1 individual is suddenly going to make us a free scoring side. It goes a bit deeper imo as shared the other day.

Say it was hirst. Would he alone suddenly make morsy more composed?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2304 viewsDubtractor

SB

Anyone watching the Bolton game last week will have seen the formation change a fair bit.

In the second half Burns was often our most advanced player for example, and Leigh played a very different role to Davis.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2301 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 by DMDC

To be fair, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz isn't that much less insightful when compared to your Woe, Woe, Woe, posting history.

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 2305 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:51 - Aug 5 by Mediocre_Quick

It's not a rigid formation though, if you take your blinkers off and watch what happens on the pitch, you'll see how fluid the play his and how often we have players dropping into other positions to help the team out, and with the attacking play as well

We need to score goals and we dont, l see no difference from last season, same system.
This rigid formation on 10:57 - Aug 5 with 2285 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:52 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Back end of last season was a dead rubber.
And we won't play too many teams better than Bolton this season.

Cambridge wasnt and we just hadnt got it in us.
This rigid formation on 10:58 - Aug 5 with 2272 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well yes. And you could add that the strikers he demoralised and made impotent last season were a lot more prolific at their previous clubs than the journeymen he’s recruited

On thé plus side he’s got 5 subs. And just because you know what’s coming doesn’t mean you can stop it

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

This rigid formation on 10:59 - Aug 5 with 2251 viewsFrimleyBlue

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by DMDC

We need to score goals and we dont, l see no difference from last season, same system.

Think personally that's more about the individuals rather than the system. The system itself is at another level to league 1. Its something many opposition managers hate playing against. In a run of 3 games last season we changed our rotations 8 times, that's incredibly hard for oppositions to figure out when it comes to matching us.

The problem for me is still the individuals used.. however maybe overtime these individuals do flourish. We can only wait and see. But it's not a system that let's us down.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2022 11:12]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

This rigid formation on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 2245 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

To be fair, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz isn't that much less insightful when compared to your Woe, Woe, Woe, posting history.

lts a forum. Anyone can have an opinion its why they are here. I just dont see the point to his constant barrage of dirge.
This rigid formation on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 2234 viewsBiGDonnie

This rigid formation on 10:54 - Aug 5 by DMDC

About as insightful as yours ya budgie scumbag!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This rigid formation on 11:09 - Aug 5 with 2195 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This rigid formation on 11:03 - Aug 5 by DMDC

lts a forum. Anyone can have an opinion its why they are here. I just dont see the point to his constant barrage of dirge.

Again, for dirge. I refer you to your own posting history.

This rigid formation on 11:14 - Aug 5 with 2146 viewsbournemouthblue

It's a modern formation with the overlapping centre backs so in many ways it adapts during the game any way

KMac seems to rotate how the front 3 are arranged so that's how he tweaks it if anything?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

This rigid formation on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 2128 viewswrightsrightglove

SB

This.

Such a ridiculous thing to post. McKenna has spoken so much about players being versatile and adaptable, I think that will be one of our greatest strengths this season. You have the front three drifting into different areas of the pitch making them so difficult to track and then you have Morsy, Burns and Davis bombing on in support. At times the formation will be 5-2-2-1, sometimes 3-5-2-1, sometimes 3-2-4-1, sometimes even 3-2-5 as crazy as that seems! It doesn’t matter how the formation looks on a piece of paper at the start of the game, that is only a very rough indication of where the players will actually play.
This rigid formation on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 2124 viewsDinDjarin

His in game tweaks are very subtle and shuts down problems which some may not even see.

Lambert and Cook were incapable of doing the same.
This rigid formation on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 2105 viewsStokieBlue

This rigid formation on 10:56 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Indeed, a very similar negative posting style to someone who was relentlessly negative. Even has his first post not long after said poster was banned.

He also liked to have an avatar of a programme with Mackenzie Crook in it.

I'm sure it's all a bizarre coincidence, these things happen.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This rigid formation on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 2102 viewsDMDC

This rigid formation on 11:09 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

Again, for dirge. I refer you to your own posting history.

Again its a forum, its for opinions. Have you grasped the concept yet ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024