Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase 15:11 - Aug 5 with 1148 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I have an English Language degree (look at me, etc.) but I'm struggling to get my head around this...

"AND the Purchasers to the intent that the covenant hereinafter contained shall bind the said property into whosesoever hands the same may come for the benefit of the adjoining and neighbouring lands belonging to the Commissioners or any part or parts thereof hereby for themselves and their successors in title covenant with the Commissioners that they will observe and perform the stipulations and restrictions set out in the Second Schedule hereto. THE SECOND SCHEDULE above referred to THAT the Purchasers shall not be entitled to the benefit of any covenant or reservation in any Conveyances or Leases made or granted by the Commissioners of lands and premises adjoining opposite or near to the said property enabling the Commissioners to deal as they may think fit with adjoining or neighbouring lands without regard to the light and air enjoyed by the owner lessee tenant or occupier of the land comprised in the said Conveyances or Leases nor the benefit of any restrictive covenant stipulation or condition or any other covenant reservation right condition or obligation contained in any Conveyances or Leases made or granted by the Commissioners of the said lands and premises adjoining opposite or near to the said property or elsewhere in the said County Borough of Croydon or adjoining or adjacent Parishes."

I might be wrong but I think it's essentially saying "Don't do anything that messes with your neighbours' light and air, and they can't do it to you"?!? If so, why can't they just say that? Seems like they're trying to be deliberately obtuse, the feckers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 15:13 - Aug 5 with 1116 viewsKeno

I may be cynical but I suspect solicitors who write that cra....legal stuff are paid by the word

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 15:15 - Aug 5 with 1093 viewsSaleAway

Simple answer to that is not to buy a flat.

You're welcome....

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:19 - Aug 5 with 957 viewsfactual_blue

Croydon?!!!????

Croydon?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:25 - Aug 5 with 948 viewsnodge_blue

They aren't big on punctuation are they?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:27 - Aug 5 with 945 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Aren't you paying your solicitor precisely to decipher this for you?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:31 - Aug 5 with 941 viewsfarkenhell

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:27 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

No, he's hoping you'll do it for free!
Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:35 - Aug 5 with 931 viewsSwansea_Blue

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:27 - Aug 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

What? And deprive us of a 20 pager when something goes horribly wrong? That sounds dull

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:41 - Aug 5 with 880 viewsGeoffSentence

why do English students keep their curtains closed all morning..............................

So they have something to do in the afternoon.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 862 viewsazuremerlangus

You have an Engllsh language degree not a law degree.

Completely different language…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:56 - Aug 5 with 855 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 18:19 - Aug 5 by factual_blue

Croydon?!!!????

Croydon?

Uh oh, here we go again!

Croydon is our council, but the flat is in Crystal Palace. This won't bother you though, I'll be Croydon in your eyes, just like I was Penge on the other side (even though I was also in Crystal Palace). You silly old sausage.

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:58 - Aug 5 with 850 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This was sent by the solicitor!

I was being slightly disingenuous, they explain it in simpler language later. Just thought this bit was funny.

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:59 - Aug 5 with 847 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:52 - Aug 5 by azuremerlangus

You have an Engllsh language degree not a law degree.

Completely different language…

It seems so!

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 20:01 - Aug 5 with 837 viewsfactual_blue

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:56 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Uh oh, here we go again!

Croydon is our council, but the flat is in Crystal Palace. This won't bother you though, I'll be Croydon in your eyes, just like I was Penge on the other side (even though I was also in Crystal Palace). You silly old sausage.

Ah..

Still in Penge then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 20:49 - Aug 5 with 775 viewsGlasgowBlue

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:56 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

Uh oh, here we go again!

I thought you'd moved to Islington?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 20:58 - Aug 5 with 764 viewsclive_baker

Tell me about it. My house deeds are full of so much sh1t that sounds a lot more complex than it is.

I say that, I’m still not convinced I know what it is. I asked my conveyancer to explain it like I’m an idiot and her words were ‘to be honest it’s not very clear, I don’t really know’. Cheers then, I’m glad I’m paying a couple of grand for this.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 22:31 - Aug 5 with 686 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 19:58 - Aug 5 by The_Flashing_Smile

This was sent by the solicitor!

I was being slightly disingenuous, they explain it in simpler language later. Just thought this bit was funny.

Ah. LOL.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 09:07 - Aug 6 with 544 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Currently doing a fun job - reading legal documentation for a flat purchase on 20:49 - Aug 5 by GlasgowBlue

I thought you'd moved to Islington?

We did.
Now we're moving back to Crystal Palace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024