Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marc Cucurella 16:19 - Aug 5 with 1787 viewsN2_Blue

Last season I thought he was excellent and I assumed he was on loan from Barca not actually their player.

Now sold to Chelsea...but £60 million, really? He was very good but he was playing for Brighton and has one international cap. 60 million seems a lot of money!

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Marc Cucurella on 16:21 - Aug 5 with 1745 viewshype313

Especially when they already have Chilwell in that position.

Boehley looks like a kid in a sweet shop right now, wonder how Tuchel feels about having all these players thrust onto him, especially if Aubameyang signs.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Marc Cucurella on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 1680 viewsSimonds92

He was a standout for Getafe and amazed Brighton managed to get him before any big clubs circled last season. In all honesty they've done very well, he was always too good for them and they got him for a season with a healthy profit made.
Marc Cucurella on 16:37 - Aug 5 with 1639 viewspointofblue

Marc Cucurella on 16:21 - Aug 5 by hype313

Especially when they already have Chilwell in that position.

Boehley looks like a kid in a sweet shop right now, wonder how Tuchel feels about having all these players thrust onto him, especially if Aubameyang signs.

Manchester City made far more sense for Cucurella, as they lack a natural left back. Obviously couldn’t come to a deal with Brighton.

I know Chilwell has been suffering from injury problems since the back end of last season. Not sure if he’s played in pre-season at all.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Marc Cucurella on 23:06 - Aug 5 with 1303 viewsfabian_illness

His hair annoys me.
For that reason, I certainly wouldn't pay that amount of money for him.
Marc Cucurella on 06:28 - Aug 6 with 1089 viewsSaigonTractor

Honestly I feel half the reason Chelsea wanted him is because City did.
Marc Cucurella on 08:05 - Aug 6 with 997 viewsEly_Blue

Marc Cucurella on 06:28 - Aug 6 by SaigonTractor

Honestly I feel half the reason Chelsea wanted him is because City did.

A bit like united and Ronaldo last summer! Maybe city didn’t really want him and got one of their rivals to waste money on a player they didn’t need

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Marc Cucurella on 10:51 - Aug 6 with 844 viewschicoazul

Posts about Brighton really really annoy me because that should be us.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marc Cucurella on 10:58 - Aug 6 with 819 viewsmylittletown

Marc Cucurella on 16:37 - Aug 5 by pointofblue

Manchester City made far more sense for Cucurella, as they lack a natural left back. Obviously couldn’t come to a deal with Brighton.

I know Chilwell has been suffering from injury problems since the back end of last season. Not sure if he’s played in pre-season at all.

Chilwell has played in pre-season. Whether he is fully fit is another question.

If he is, he is obviously a better player than Cucurella, so it is hard to avoid the conclusion that either Chilwell is considered to be a fitness risk, or Chelsea are buying Cucurella just because they can. £60m for a backup player would be daft even for them.
Login to get fewer ads

Marc Cucurella on 11:04 - Aug 6 with 804 viewsSimonds92

Marc Cucurella on 10:58 - Aug 6 by mylittletown

Chilwell has played in pre-season. Whether he is fully fit is another question.

If he is, he is obviously a better player than Cucurella, so it is hard to avoid the conclusion that either Chilwell is considered to be a fitness risk, or Chelsea are buying Cucurella just because they can. £60m for a backup player would be daft even for them.

Has Chilwell not basically been out for 18 months now? Be mad to risk your season on a player who has been out for so long. Isnt Alonso also due to leave?
Marc Cucurella on 11:10 - Aug 6 with 760 viewsmylittletown

Marc Cucurella on 11:04 - Aug 6 by Simonds92

Has Chilwell not basically been out for 18 months now? Be mad to risk your season on a player who has been out for so long. Isnt Alonso also due to leave?

That's why I suspect that they must be worried about Chilwell's fitness. But £60m?

Who do you think got a better deal - Arsenal £30m for 25 year old Zinchenko, or Chelsea £60m for 24 year old Cucurella?
Marc Cucurella on 12:24 - Aug 6 with 688 viewsSuperblue95

Marc Cucurella on 10:51 - Aug 6 by chicoazul

Posts about Brighton really really annoy me because that should be us.

It’s fine, give it 3/4 years and we will be selling Penney for 60m
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 12:24]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Marc Cucurella on 12:36 - Aug 6 with 659 viewsChrisd

I suppose the transfer fee does look inflated, but surely it's his value and loss to Brighton which Chelsea are paying for and he was very good for them last season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024