Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Israel in the mood for a fight then... 07:17 - Aug 6 with 1052 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/05/israel-strikes-gaza-amid-tensions-
"Earlier in the week, Israeli forces cleared areas near the Gaza Strip in preparation for possible retaliation for their capture of Islamic Jihad’s commander in the West Bank, Bassam al-Saadi, in a raid in Jenin on Monday.

Islamic Jihad had in fact not responded to the arrest of al-Saadi, one of the organisation’s most senior figures, and had instead made demands for proof that he had not been mistreated, as well as demanding the release of several detained militants and an end to the blockade of Gaza."

I wonder why....
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/29/israel-braces-for-fifth-election-i

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:27 - Aug 6 with 943 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-forces-carry-out-strike-gaza-m

“Palestinian militants in Gaza fired dozens of rockets into Israel on Friday in response to Israeli airstrikes which killed at least 10 people, including a senior commander of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement.”

And the cycle of violence continues. Let’s hope it doesn’t escalate further.
Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:53 - Aug 6 with 901 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:27 - Aug 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-forces-carry-out-strike-gaza-m

“Palestinian militants in Gaza fired dozens of rockets into Israel on Friday in response to Israeli airstrikes which killed at least 10 people, including a senior commander of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad movement.”

And the cycle of violence continues. Let’s hope it doesn’t escalate further.

So they don't have the right to defend themselves from occupation and fight their oppressors?

Is the reason they're treated differently from the Ukrainians because they are brown and/or muslim?

Serious question and not a pop at you actually but at the narrative that most people unconsciously accept.

Pronouns: He/Him

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:56 - Aug 6 with 890 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:53 - Aug 6 by Darth_Koont

So they don't have the right to defend themselves from occupation and fight their oppressors?

Is the reason they're treated differently from the Ukrainians because they are brown and/or muslim?

Serious question and not a pop at you actually but at the narrative that most people unconsciously accept.

To turn that another way.

I think you and I both know why Israeli state action against Palestinians is treated differently to Russian actions against Ukrainians.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:00 - Aug 6 with 880 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 09:56 - Aug 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

To turn that another way.

I think you and I both know why Israeli state action against Palestinians is treated differently to Russian actions against Ukrainians.

Sadly, yes.

Because even though they're diametrically opposed and morally inconsistent, both reactions support our regional/sphere of influence self-interest. Ditto helping Saudi Arabia bomb the f out of Yemeni civilians in the name of freedom.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:08 - Aug 6 with 830 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I didn’t say that at all, not really sure how you made that leap - just that it’s a depressing cycle of violence.
Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:09 - Aug 6 with 823 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:08 - Aug 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I didn’t say that at all, not really sure how you made that leap - just that it’s a depressing cycle of violence.

Sure. But we side with the oppressors.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:10 - Aug 6 with 817 viewspointofblue

The only difference is Hamas would happily wipe Israel off the map given the opportunity. That has never been the case with Ukraine towards Russia (though, under Putin’s recent moves, I think he’d happily wipe Ukraine off the map), or Yemen towards Saudi Arabia.

That, of course, goes back to the way Israel was created. Actions in the Middle East are down to mutual distrust, fear and hatred.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:12 - Aug 6 with 807 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:09 - Aug 6 by Darth_Koont

Sure. But we side with the oppressors.

I haven’t sided with anyone?
Login to get fewer ads

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:13 - Aug 6 with 803 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:10 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

The only difference is Hamas would happily wipe Israel off the map given the opportunity. That has never been the case with Ukraine towards Russia (though, under Putin’s recent moves, I think he’d happily wipe Ukraine off the map), or Yemen towards Saudi Arabia.

That, of course, goes back to the way Israel was created. Actions in the Middle East are down to mutual distrust, fear and hatred.

Why have we picked a side though? Even without the fighting, the occupation is an apartheid system.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:19 - Aug 6 with 767 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:12 - Aug 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I haven’t sided with anyone?

You know what I mean. We, as in the UK, side with Israel, Saudi Arabia and other regimes to directly or indirectly support continued oppression.

But for some reason that can be seen as "good" or acceptable and rational oppression. Not that it's ever discussed by anyone in our politics or media.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:22 - Aug 6 with 742 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:19 - Aug 6 by Darth_Koont

You know what I mean. We, as in the UK, side with Israel, Saudi Arabia and other regimes to directly or indirectly support continued oppression.

But for some reason that can be seen as "good" or acceptable and rational oppression. Not that it's ever discussed by anyone in our politics or media.

The Saudis are just as insidious as Russia and China. My cynical view is the west back them:-

1-as a huge producer of oil
2-as a regional power counter balance to Iran.
Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:25 - Aug 6 with 738 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:22 - Aug 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The Saudis are just as insidious as Russia and China. My cynical view is the west back them:-

1-as a huge producer of oil
2-as a regional power counter balance to Iran.

Why is that acceptable to the people of the UK?

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:49 - Aug 6 with 653 viewschicoazul

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:25 - Aug 6 by Darth_Koont

Why is that acceptable to the people of the UK?

Because we need oil and it’s good to have friends. I hate the Saudi despotism and have said so many times on here but facts is facts. We’ve gone to war over less in the past. If we only deal with nice people we’ll be isolated very quickly. I agree with you about the confluence of Ukraine and Palestine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:56 - Aug 6 with 641 viewsDarth_Koont

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:49 - Aug 6 by chicoazul

Because we need oil and it’s good to have friends. I hate the Saudi despotism and have said so many times on here but facts is facts. We’ve gone to war over less in the past. If we only deal with nice people we’ll be isolated very quickly. I agree with you about the confluence of Ukraine and Palestine.

Problem is that we did the same with Russia and Putin. Nobody really gave a monkey's when they annexed Crimea in 2014 because they were seen as useful/profitable/"on message".

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/04/23/tony-blair-ukraine-putin-_n_5196236.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 11:13 - Aug 6 with 617 viewsleitrimblue

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 10:08 - Aug 6 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Sounds a tad Corbynesqe
Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 607 viewsDarth_Koont

And a neat connection to today's opponents:

Good luck to him and FGR more generally. Although only after we take them to the fecking cleaners today ...

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 12:06 - Aug 6 with 497 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 11:17 - Aug 6 by Darth_Koont

And a neat connection to today's opponents:

Good luck to him and FGR more generally. Although only after we take them to the fecking cleaners today ...

He used to be one of them there new age hippy traveller types....clearly a wrong'un!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 12:19 - Aug 6 with 472 viewsleitrimblue

Israel in the mood for a fight then... on 12:06 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

He used to be one of them there new age hippy traveller types....clearly a wrong'un!

Clearly Brew Crew
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024