Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FGR...the burning question. 10:44 - Aug 6 with 1329 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What's the food like?
A thread for gastro feedback......

Edit ....oh the deep joy of veganism on a football thread!
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 10:49]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

FGR...the burning question. on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 1242 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've shot there a couple of times when I was working for the company who were Bristol Rovers official photographer, (that was an experience).

They have to feed media under EFL rules and I'll be honest, I was dreading the food at FGR, but the burger in particular was amazing.

Coffee with oat 'milk' however, was like drinking it through a tramps sock.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 11:58]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

FGR...the burning question. on 23:06 - Aug 6 with 1119 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well then?

FGR...the burning question. on 23:10 - Aug 6 with 1109 viewsBig_Jase

FGR...the burning question. on 23:06 - Aug 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well then?

As a lefty veggie snowflake I was looking forward to sampling some of the food, only to be disappointed that when I went to get grub, they only had fries left.

I was intrigued by the steak and ale style pie but was informed they didn’t have any

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

FGR...the burning question. on 23:20 - Aug 6 with 1062 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

FGR...the burning question. on 23:10 - Aug 6 by Big_Jase

As a lefty veggie snowflake I was looking forward to sampling some of the food, only to be disappointed that when I went to get grub, they only had fries left.

I was intrigued by the steak and ale style pie but was informed they didn’t have any

Beaten by the survival of the fittest meat heads I guess.

FGR...the burning question. on 23:32 - Aug 6 with 1025 viewsazuremerlangus

Pie was ‘OK’ - nothing to write home about and pretty much what you would expect for a veggie football pie.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

FGR...the burning question. on 23:42 - Aug 6 with 1001 viewsFoD_Blue

Had the VIP hospitality experience as FGR today. This included a pre-match meal of pie, sausages, chips, some cauliflower chese type thing and red cabbage.
I have to say that generally it was very good. I wasn't a fan of the sausages, they were a bit dry and just didn't taste too good. But I did enjoy the pie. The texture was a bit funny with quorn chunks masquerading as steak, but it actually tasted pretty decent.
I just don't get the fixation of trying to make vegan food taste like meat. I would much prefer to have a quality vegan meal that tastes like well cooked and prepared vegetables.
FGR...the burning question. on 09:20 - Aug 7 with 724 viewsLeaky

Well from where I was standing a lot of sausages made it onto the pitch
FGR...the burning question. on 09:45 - Aug 7 with 668 viewsJ2BLUE

FGR...the burning question. on 23:42 - Aug 6 by FoD_Blue

Had the VIP hospitality experience as FGR today. This included a pre-match meal of pie, sausages, chips, some cauliflower chese type thing and red cabbage.
I have to say that generally it was very good. I wasn't a fan of the sausages, they were a bit dry and just didn't taste too good. But I did enjoy the pie. The texture was a bit funny with quorn chunks masquerading as steak, but it actually tasted pretty decent.
I just don't get the fixation of trying to make vegan food taste like meat. I would much prefer to have a quality vegan meal that tastes like well cooked and prepared vegetables.

I do use vegan 'meat style' products but increasingly find myself craving lentils and chickpeas instead of those options.

I really fancy a chickpea and potato curry.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

FGR...the burning question. on 10:22 - Aug 7 with 615 viewsbrogansnose

After queueing for ages I managed to buy, what seemed, an alternative to a creamy chicken and leek pie. Pastry was good and so was the filling but needed seasoning as it was a bit bland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024