Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. 11:12 - Aug 6 with 1456 viewsclive_baker

In todays spotted on ITFC twitter.

Games gone

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:14 - Aug 6 with 1420 viewspointofblue

A draw or defeat today will heighten pressure in a similar way the (unlucky) defeat at Rotherham increased pressure under Hurst. I don’t think McKenna will let it show like Hurst did, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:17 - Aug 6 with 1408 viewsGlasgowBlue

'If not , what’s the point in pretending we are competing for the title'

Always funny to see someone go so early.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:31 - Aug 6 with 1344 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Will be as tough as any game this season. Would be happy with a draw.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:31 - Aug 6 with 1343 viewsblueislander

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:17 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

'If not , what’s the point in pretending we are competing for the title'

Always funny to see someone go so early.

Going early with comments like that don’t often end well, as per Frimley.
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsclive_baker

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:31 - Aug 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

It’ll certainly be tough. They’re bang up for it. As cliche as it sounds the first goal is huge, if we can get our noses in front and silence what will be a very excitable home crowd then it might allow us to dominate possession and control the game. If we find ourselves 1-0 down, and any silly mistakes like last week and we might find we’re in a bit of bother.

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:07 - Aug 6 with 1089 viewsbilllm

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:36 - Aug 6 by clive_baker

It’ll certainly be tough. They’re bang up for it. As cliche as it sounds the first goal is huge, if we can get our noses in front and silence what will be a very excitable home crowd then it might allow us to dominate possession and control the game. If we find ourselves 1-0 down, and any silly mistakes like last week and we might find we’re in a bit of bother.

Think your right about the goal down part, I think we will win 3-1 with no frustrations,
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:11 - Aug 6 with 1069 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 11:31 - Aug 6 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't know why you've got down arrows for this. It's their first game against us, it'll be like a cup final for them where they'll be massively up for it. Anything can happen, especially with a passionate crowd behind them. We'll have to calm them down and earn our right to play.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:19 - Aug 6 with 1030 viewsIllinoisblue

Fisherman or Watson?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:24 - Aug 6 with 1008 viewsjayessess

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:11 - Aug 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why you've got down arrows for this. It's their first game against us, it'll be like a cup final for them where they'll be massively up for it. Anything can happen, especially with a passionate crowd behind them. We'll have to calm them down and earn our right to play.

Presumably for the "happy with a draw" comment. Good chance it'll be very tough today, but I don't think we're in a position to be happy with a draw really.

Must say, I don't think the fixture computer has done us many favours. First up, could've got one of maybe 18 sides still working themselves out this season, but got one of about 3 that's settled and really good.

Could've saved Forest Green for a month's time, when the adrenaline of their first season at this level had died down, but here we are their first ever home game at the level.

August might be a good time to play MK Dons, Burton and Barnsley though...
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 12:29]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:25 - Aug 6 with 1006 viewsblueislander

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:11 - Aug 6 by The_Flashing_Smile

“Passionate crowd” All 3,000 of them.
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:50 - Aug 6 with 901 viewsRegencyBlue

Rather over the top at this stage but, having said that, if we are going to be serious contenders for promotion this season we have to beat teams like FGR regularly.

What we don’t need is another start to the season like the last one!
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:54 - Aug 6 with 872 viewsChrisd

Yes, I saw that, very dramatic but today's result won't determine where we finish this season. However, when you look at the fact we didn't win one game against any of the L2 promoted sides last season it once again highlighted our limitations. Honestly, I'd be disappointed if we didn't win today, the good sides beat teams like FGR.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 13:06 - Aug 6 with 832 viewsStewart27

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:50 - Aug 6 by RegencyBlue

Rather over the top at this stage but, having said that, if we are going to be serious contenders for promotion this season we have to beat teams like FGR regularly.

What we don’t need is another start to the season like the last one!

Agree.

2 points out of 6 is a poor return.

There is no other way of dressing it up.
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 764 viewsbobbyramsey

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 13:06 - Aug 6 by Stewart27

Agree.

2 points out of 6 is a poor return.

There is no other way of dressing it up.

You could say unbeaten in two tricky fixtures……
If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 13:28 - Aug 6 with 752 viewsclive_baker

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:24 - Aug 6 by jayessess

Presumably for the "happy with a draw" comment. Good chance it'll be very tough today, but I don't think we're in a position to be happy with a draw really.

Must say, I don't think the fixture computer has done us many favours. First up, could've got one of maybe 18 sides still working themselves out this season, but got one of about 3 that's settled and really good.

Could've saved Forest Green for a month's time, when the adrenaline of their first season at this level had died down, but here we are their first ever home game at the level.

I agree in that if someone said right now would I take a point, I would say no. That’s not to say I think we’ll go there and wipe the floor with them, they’re a good side and losing isn’t something they make a habit of, albeit yet to be tested at a higher level. But I would never take a point against anyone, unless there were certain circumstances where a win was barely more favourable than a draw ie. Needing 1 point to secure promotion.

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 14:58 - Aug 6 with 623 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:25 - Aug 6 by blueislander

“Passionate crowd” All 3,000 of them.

So? 3000 passionate supporters in a small, tight ground, close to the pitch, will lift the team more than silent ones. Their first game at this level. We need to be wary not over-confident. We've come unstuck at small clubs like this on so many times in the past.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 15:43 - Aug 6 with 544 viewsRadlett_blue

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 12:24 - Aug 6 by jayessess

Forest Green have changed their manager & brought in 11 new players in the summer. No reason for them to have an advantage of a settled team.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If we don’t win today we can forget about automatic promotion. on 15:48 - Aug 6 with 523 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bristol Rovers (who Forest Green beat 2-1 at their place last week) are 0-4 up on Burton away from home.

Bolton lead Wycombe 2-0 currently too.

I don't think we can expect FGR to be any pushover at all. However, we need to be winning games even if they aren't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024