Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commentary 15:03 - Aug 6 with 5166 viewsGrammarman

I appreciate that it is early doors, but this iPlayer commentary is very poor.
Commentary on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 635 viewsDublinBlue84

Commentary on 10:35 - Aug 7 by DJR

The impression I got from listening yesterday is that they are doing it on the cheap. A 22 year old reserve goalkeeper is unlikely to have much insight anyway, and it looks like the commentator is not employed or able to give any insight either. Of course their argument may be that this season is being used as an experiment, and it will all come good when Town TV kicks in, but in the meantime I feel like a guinea pig and don't feel I got value for money yesterday for my £2.50, something I never felt with Radio Suffolk. I might add that I feel an emotional attachment to the RS commentary, not least because of the presence of people like Mick Mills, and it is perhaps ironic that they are putting up pictures of him on the stadium but at the same time denying fans outside Suffolk the chance to listen to him.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 10:45]

They have an experienced co-commentator next week, who isn't a current Town player who is down to join them at other points in the season as well.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Commentary on 10:46 - Aug 7 with 624 viewsDJR

Commentary on 10:43 - Aug 7 by DublinBlue84

They have an experienced co-commentator next week, who isn't a current Town player who is down to join them at other points in the season as well.

Who is it?
Commentary on 10:59 - Aug 7 with 606 viewsDublinBlue84

Commentary on 10:46 - Aug 7 by DJR

Who is it?

Matt Holland apparently.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Commentary on 11:07 - Aug 7 with 603 viewsDJR

Commentary on 10:59 - Aug 7 by DublinBlue84

Matt Holland apparently.

Now that would be an improvement, although I won't be able to listen as I'll be at the game. By all accounts Carlos Edwards wasn't up to much last week, but George Edmundson was good at the last game of last season, although I don't suppose we can hope McK will leave him out of the squad to allow him to co-commentate.
Commentary on 11:24 - Aug 7 with 572 viewscoolcat

Commentary on 10:43 - Aug 7 by DublinBlue84

That's good news! I suggested in my email last week to have an experienced commentator next to the new guy whilst he's learning the ropes. Maybe others' suggested the same as well. Whether or not they're taking notice of peoples' suggestions or not, it's good news anyway.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 11:26]
Commentary on 12:42 - Aug 7 with 532 viewsPhilTWTD

Commentary on 20:01 - Aug 6 by aeldun

I believe RS post-match hour is blocked due to the Commonwealth Games coverage, and normal service to resume once the Games conclude. That’s my understanding of the situation, and the same applies to Life’s a Pitch beforehand.

That is the case re Commonwealth Games causing the block.
Commentary on 13:12 - Aug 7 with 484 viewscoolcat

Commentary on 12:42 - Aug 7 by PhilTWTD

That is the case re Commonwealth Games causing the block.

Strange. I was able to access the online post match programme straight after the match last night.
Commentary on 13:15 - Aug 7 with 479 viewsDJR

Commentary on 13:12 - Aug 7 by coolcat

Strange. I was able to access the online post match programme straight after the match last night.

That was the case with me last Saturday, and I was able to listen to it last night a bit later on catch up. I was also able to listen online to Life's a Pitch before yesterday's game.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 13:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Commentary on 13:25 - Aug 7 with 469 viewscoolcat

Commentary on 13:15 - Aug 7 by DJR

That was the case with me last Saturday, and I was able to listen to it last night a bit later on catch up. I was also able to listen online to Life's a Pitch before yesterday's game.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 13:21]

I manage to get it every week. I found Life's a Pitch with just a minute to go, so I'll get that on catch up. I've never found the BBC Radio Suffolk website the easiest to navigate around. Is a bit of a faff at times.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 13:27]
Commentary on 14:41 - Aug 7 with 427 viewsPorksmith99

I believe Glenn Wheeler (the iFollow commentator) is a freelancer who has been hired by the club to provide commentary (hence the plugs for Planet Blue and match tickets). A quick check of his LinkedIn profile reveals this to be his first regular league gig, although he has provided match reports for Talksport, ITV and Norwich Academy. I think he'll get better as his confidence grows, but yes, I agree that hasn't exactly hit the ground running.
If anybody has any constructive criticism or suggestions as to how Town can improve the iFollow experience (I would suggest offering both Glenn or Brenner's commentary as an audio choice) they can always get in touch with Scott Paul, head of fan engagement, at the club via his email (scott.paul@itfc.co.uk)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024