Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shades of Cambridge away last season 16:28 - Aug 6 with 2265 viewsIllinoisblue

Cruising along and then we’re not. Ffs

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:29 - Aug 6 with 2219 viewsHipsterectomy

If we blow this I do think we’re doomed at this level

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:31 - Aug 6 with 2138 viewsBobsthename

Davis watching the game being played around him .
Get Ladapo off get Jules on
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 16:56]
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:32 - Aug 6 with 2128 viewsIllinoisblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:29 - Aug 6 by Hipsterectomy

If we blow this I do think we’re doomed at this level

Feels like a Cook-style implosion is coming.

62 - 78 - 81

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:33 - Aug 6 with 2067 viewsjeera

Got to sort out this nonsense happening in our own box.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:34 - Aug 6 with 2054 viewsSweetman

Please, Ipswich, please.
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:36 - Aug 6 with 1975 viewspointofblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:32 - Aug 6 by Illinoisblue

So what’s the issue? This is the fourth manager in a row, despite goodness knows how much player churn, where we seem to throw away strong positions in alarming fashion and give opponents hope.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:43 - Aug 6 with 1791 viewsIllinoisblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:36 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

So what’s the issue? This is the fourth manager in a row, despite goodness knows how much player churn, where we seem to throw away strong positions in alarming fashion and give opponents hope.

Mental weakness? Complacency? Players - Evans - go missing?

62 - 78 - 81

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:44 - Aug 6 with 1732 viewspointofblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:43 - Aug 6 by Illinoisblue

Mental weakness? Complacency? Players - Evans - go missing?

But why are different players under different managers having the same issue?

Can understand those who think the club is cursed; it’s getting stupid now. Outside of the dead rubber against Charlton when was the last time we cruised to a win?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 17:02 - Aug 6 with 1493 viewsTrequartista

We've actually thrown relatively few points away under McKenna, but there was no way I was posting that until after the final whistle.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 17:03 - Aug 6 with 1441 viewsNthsuffolkblue

One big difference in that we have seen this one out gaining an extra 2 points.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 18:19 - Aug 6 with 1215 viewsGlasgowBlue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:32 - Aug 6 by Illinoisblue

Coincidentally, Cookie threw away a two goal lead today.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 1193 viewsim_marcacus

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 16:36 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Time to flag the obvious that the only consistent is the fans. Need to get behind the lads and support them in the difficult moments instead of berating them for every mistake or lost 50/50. Who are we the 12th man for?
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 1030 viewsArnieM

For me, This squad lacks concentration for 90mins+ and perhaps has a subliminal “off” switch perhaps because they believe the hype surrounding themselves? eg “Ipswich have a very good squad” so believe ( behave?) like it’s alright …. “we’re too good to lose to this ( insert opposition for the week) lot”, and so take their foot off the gas, make sloppy passes or try passes they wouldn’t attempt against the better sides?

It’s a very poor MENTAL approach .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:49 - Aug 6 with 1022 viewsitfcjoe

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 17:02 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

We've actually thrown relatively few points away under McKenna, but there was no way I was posting that until after the final whistle.

It’s just fans being doom mongers, we saw that out comfortably

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:54 - Aug 6 with 1009 viewsSkip_Intro

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:48 - Aug 6 by ArnieM

For me, This squad lacks concentration for 90mins+ and perhaps has a subliminal “off” switch perhaps because they believe the hype surrounding themselves? eg “Ipswich have a very good squad” so believe ( behave?) like it’s alright …. “we’re too good to lose to this ( insert opposition for the week) lot”, and so take their foot off the gas, make sloppy passes or try passes they wouldn’t attempt against the better sides?

It’s a very poor MENTAL approach .

and yet despite your unquestionably brilliant insight WE WON...
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 21:50 - Aug 6 with 933 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:49 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

Yes we saw it out but was it comfortable? I didn't see it but they had one ruled out for offside and another good chance at 1-2 didn't they? Plus Walton made a few good saves. Ultimately it is the 3 points that count (and I think 3 points away at Forest Green will prove to be a very decent result in time) but was it really comfortable?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 920 viewsSteve_M

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 21:50 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes we saw it out but was it comfortable? I didn't see it but they had one ruled out for offside and another good chance at 1-2 didn't they? Plus Walton made a few good saves. Ultimately it is the 3 points that count (and I think 3 points away at Forest Green will prove to be a very decent result in time) but was it really comfortable?

We started the second half slowly, then has a really bad ten minutes but were pretty comfortable after that. McK is clearly really annoyed with the goal we conceded because we opened up too easily.

Town fans have an inbuilt negativity that cash be really counterproductive. We really are nothing like the weak team of a year ago even if there are things to improve on.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 21:56 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

We started the second half slowly, then has a really bad ten minutes but were pretty comfortable after that. McK is clearly really annoyed with the goal we conceded because we opened up too easily.

Town fans have an inbuilt negativity that cash be really counterproductive. We really are nothing like the weak team of a year ago even if there are things to improve on.

Absolutely, a million miles away from that I have no doubt. I am just a little cautious to say that today was comfortable. Credit to FGR where it is due, they gave us some problems even after we went 2-0 up. A very good result that I am not confident we would have produced under the last manager. Sometimes you make your own luck too. Having a very good keeper like Walton helps.

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:08 - Aug 6 with 877 viewsSteve_M

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:00 - Aug 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

Absolutely, a million miles away from that I have no doubt. I am just a little cautious to say that today was comfortable. Credit to FGR where it is due, they gave us some problems even after we went 2-0 up. A very good result that I am not confident we would have produced under the last manager. Sometimes you make your own luck too. Having a very good keeper like Walton helps.

The thing is we were comfortable after that really bad spell. Nine minutes injury time and it was fine.

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:12 - Aug 6 with 847 viewsVic

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 20:49 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

I popped over to the FGR fans thingy. They were glowing in praise of just about everything about us. To a man they agreed we deserved to win and we’re a class above.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 827 viewsChurchman

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 17:02 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

Apols for the down vote. Fat fingers and beer. You were right re KM and points and the outcome
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 825 viewsitfcjoe

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:12 - Aug 6 by Vic

I popped over to the FGR fans thingy. They were glowing in praise of just about everything about us. To a man they agreed we deserved to win and we’re a class above.

Some ITFC fans think we are the only side who have ever let a lead slip

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:22 - Aug 6 with 823 viewsIpswichKnight

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:08 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

The thing is we were comfortable after that really bad spell. Nine minutes injury time and it was fine.

Even though we have looked way more comfortable under KM in closing games out a lot of us are still scared from the hundreds of times we’ve found new and novel ways to snatch draws and losses from the jaws of wins and draws in the dying moments of games.
Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:31 - Aug 6 with 783 viewsSteve_M

Shades of Cambridge away last season on 22:22 - Aug 6 by IpswichKnight

Even though we have looked way more comfortable under KM in closing games out a lot of us are still scared from the hundreds of times we’ve found new and novel ways to snatch draws and losses from the jaws of wins and draws in the dying moments of games.

Yes, but as Joe states above, other teams lose leads too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024