Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 minutes? (n/t) 16:54 - Aug 6 with 1465 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

9 minutes? (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 1440 viewsDarkHorse

Ridiculous.
9 minutes? (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 1439 viewsZXBlue

Very odd. Not even seen any time wasting to speak of.
9 minutes? (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 1431 viewsIllinoisblue

There needs to be an EFL investigation. Seriously. Utterly absurd

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

9 minutes? (n/t) on 16:55 - Aug 6 with 1413 viewsScuzzer

Not even a physio on the pitch!

Established 1968

9 minutes? (n/t) on 16:56 - Aug 6 with 1377 viewsGeoffSentence

Bit of a bwger when you are defending a one goal lead. But hopefully this is a sign tht refs are taking account of stoppages more, which should generally benefit us.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 1105 viewsStokieBlue

Crazy but with 5 subs each at 30 seconds plus drinks breaks it will probably be 7+ quite often this season.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:06 - Aug 6 with 1059 viewsGeoffSentence

three league one games wuth 9 minutes added on today, several mor with 7 and 8. So I reckon this is the refs taking onboard the memo about timewasting.

Long may it continue.

Though I reckon it will have been forgotten by the end of the month and it will be back down to 3 or 4 minutes regardless of what timewasting has gone on.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 1021 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:04 - Aug 6 by StokieBlue

Crazy but with 5 subs each at 30 seconds plus drinks breaks it will probably be 7+ quite often this season.

SB

There can only be a maximum of 3 sub windows each in the second half. The worry is consistency - is this being applied in all games, everyone else seemed to finish earlier.

I wasn't watching but did 4 minutes seem excessive for the first half as well? If so, we certainly benefitted from that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:13 - Aug 6 with 940 viewsStokieBlue

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:08 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

There can only be a maximum of 3 sub windows each in the second half. The worry is consistency - is this being applied in all games, everyone else seemed to finish earlier.

I wasn't watching but did 4 minutes seem excessive for the first half as well? If so, we certainly benefitted from that.

The window is irrelevant though isn't it?

It's 30 seconds per sub because they are done sequentially, not in parallel because of the board.

So I think my initial point was correct.

SB

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:15 - Aug 6 with 924 viewsArnieM

Several subs made again . Thus will affect the injury time surely ! Plus we had a few players go down with injuries, for at least a minute each time .

I’d say 100min games now the norm this season.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:17 - Aug 6 with 906 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:13 - Aug 6 by StokieBlue

It's 30 seconds per sub because they are done sequentially, not in parallel because of the board.

SB

I don't know for certain, but assumed it was 30 seconds per window, otherwise why bother having a window if you can just waste time with all 5 of your subs?

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:21 - Aug 6 with 863 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:06 - Aug 6 by GeoffSentence

three league one games wuth 9 minutes added on today, several mor with 7 and 8. So I reckon this is the refs taking onboard the memo about timewasting.

Long may it continue.

Though I reckon it will have been forgotten by the end of the month and it will be back down to 3 or 4 minutes regardless of what timewasting has gone on.

were the other three 9 minutes at the end or 9 minutes for both halves? I'm sure only our game and the MK Dons game was still going at 5pm.

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 6 with 862 viewspointofblue

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:21 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

were the other three 9 minutes at the end or 9 minutes for both halves? I'm sure only our game and the MK Dons game was still going at 5pm.

Bolton v Wycombe and Shrewsbury v Accrington were still finishing at 5 too.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 6 with 855 viewsJDB23

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:13 - Aug 6 by StokieBlue

SB

I always thought double/triple subs didn’t count as 30 seconds each. If they did then surely most games last season you’d have 5 mins injury time as a standard but it was very rare to get that much. I’ve given up trying to understand the decision making of officials anyway.
9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:25 - Aug 6 with 833 viewsIllinoisblue

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

It’s going to get ridiculous. If there had been any actual injuries the game could have been 105 minutes.

62 - 78 - 81

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:27 - Aug 6 with 797 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 6 by pointofblue

Bolton had 4 mins added on at full time so they must have started incredibly late if they were still going at 5pm

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:32 - Aug 6 with 777 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:22 - Aug 6 by JDB23

I always thought double/triple subs didn’t count as 30 seconds each. If they did then surely most games last season you’d have 5 mins injury time as a standard but it was very rare to get that much. I’ve given up trying to understand the decision making of officials anyway.

Not sure if it's a guideline rather than a hard and fast rule. Goals are supposed to be 30 seconds as well I believe. As StokieBlue says, subs are made sequentially because of the board, but if you make three in one window that is usually quicker than 3 separate windows. If a window of 3 subs counts as 90 seconds, I wonder then what is the point of the sub window rule.

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:36 - Aug 6 with 752 viewsTrequartista

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:25 - Aug 6 by Illinoisblue

It’s going to get ridiculous. If there had been any actual injuries the game could have been 105 minutes.

Although it's a radical change, I'd like to see a fifth official keep time and we play 60 minutes of ball in play.

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:50 - Aug 6 with 695 viewsIllinoisblue

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:36 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

Although it's a radical change, I'd like to see a fifth official keep time and we play 60 minutes of ball in play.

Totally agree. I’ve watched so much basketball so am used to a stopping clock. It’s time to change

62 - 78 - 81

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:59 - Aug 6 with 663 viewsStokieBlue

9 minutes? (n/t) on 17:36 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

I don't think it's that radical, quite a sensible idea although I would think the 4th official could do it.

SB

9 minutes? (n/t) on 18:07 - Aug 6 with 627 viewssolemio

In Norwich's game there were 10 minutes added time at the end of the match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024