Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on the game 2 17:04 - Aug 6 with 1174 viewsKropotkin123

Good first half. Not one player having a bad game. Harness was probably the least impactful player up until his goal, which was a nice, clean strike. Morsy's goal was great and we deserved to go into halftime 2-0 up.

FGR didn't press as much as Bolton, and Edmundson seemed to have a more comfortable time playing it out from the back. On this showing I see FGR finishing mid-table. They looked good going forward and will have more than enough for some of the struggling sides.

In the second half we deserved to concede one. We were taking too long on the ball and lacked urgency. We need to find a way to not lower our urgency when seeing out games. We're not 20% better than our opponents, so we shouldn't be playing at 80%.

It is early in the season, so I don't want to make sweeping statements. Despite Lief's contribution for the goal, I think Leigh has looked better across the first two games. This is more of a complement to Leigh than knocking Lief.

TJJ looked better to me this game, taking less touches and getting play moving quicker.

Morsy was my MOTM. Great goal, won his midfield battle, and kept the correct tempo for the majority of the game.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 17:06]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

My take on the game 2 on 17:07 - Aug 6 with 1071 viewsStokieBlue

Going to be an unpopular opinion with some of the stranger posts on here (and perhaps some of the sensible ones) but I think Jackson should be starting ahead of Ladapo in the next match. He seems to offer more and he seems to have gotten quicker if anything.

Morsy is likely to be MOTM in most of our games I think, I would say he has already in the first two.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

My take on the game 2 on 17:18 - Aug 6 with 901 viewsNthQldITFC

Your third paragraph is the key isn't it. We need to be nasty, greedy killers when we're 2-0 up.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

My take on the game 2 on 17:40 - Aug 6 with 751 viewsStewart27

My take on the game 2 on 17:07 - Aug 6 by StokieBlue

Going to be an unpopular opinion with some of the stranger posts on here (and perhaps some of the sensible ones) but I think Jackson should be starting ahead of Ladapo in the next match. He seems to offer more and he seems to have gotten quicker if anything.

Morsy is likely to be MOTM in most of our games I think, I would say he has already in the first two.

SB

I don’t understand why you are calling people out to be strange if they have the jury out on Jackson.

Other people may find it strange that you have only given Ladapo two games, whereas Jackson has had four years.

Just my opinion obviously.
My take on the game 2 on 17:56 - Aug 6 with 646 viewsStokieBlue

My take on the game 2 on 17:40 - Aug 6 by Stewart27

I don’t understand why you are calling people out to be strange if they have the jury out on Jackson.

Other people may find it strange that you have only given Ladapo two games, whereas Jackson has had four years.

Just my opinion obviously.

You've missed and context of numerous posters being heavily on Jackson's case for years even when he plays well.

One poster in particular is an idiot on the subject.

For the next match I would start Jackson, I'm not McKenna though and I doubt it'll happen. I've also not said Ladapo is rubbish as they do with Jackson, Ladapo will have a lot to offer this season.

SB
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 17:57]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024