Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought we saw a lot more of the same from last week TBH 18:10 - Aug 6 with 376 viewsclive_baker

Good and bad. Sam Morsy was phenomenal this afternoon, best defender, midfielder and forward at the club all in one. Thought he looked a cut above everyone else on the pitch. Have to say his midfield partner Evans had a very good game too, took control, got on the ball well and by and large used the ball sensibly.

Similar thoughts towards Davis, I think he’s got something about him, physically he looks the part and technically clearly has ability in that left foot of his. He’s absolutely built for this system. Clearly loves to get forward and it was his overlapping run and cross that led to the goal. He lacks experience but that’ll come with games. As encouraging as Leigh has been off the bench it’s the reason I feel so passionately that Davis needs to be given time. Forget his price tag or where he’s come from, he just needs 10 starts to see how he beds in. It’s a bit catch 22 but it’s unfair on the lad not to, and I think he might just prove to be a very good acquisition.

Burgess isn’t for me, he’s a bit of a beast in the air but I don’t really rate him on the ball or positionally. Could’ve certainly given a penalty away early on, gets sucked to the ball for their goal and on another day could’ve seen red in injury time. Edmundson - Woolf - JD I’m sure is the preference when fit, so let’s hope that’s the case often. Burns was a little quiet today but in some respects I think he’s a victim of his own success last season. A freak year really and he’s a player we should just learn to judge on merit and not expect the world week in week out.

Harness and Chaplin were both busy again and will cause problems, I think they’ll both score a fair few this season. Frustrating at times to watch, you just wish for a little more quality on the ball, decision making, those passes executed better in the final 3rd and you think we’re not far off putting 4 or 5 past someone.

Encouraging again though for me for the 2nd week, dominant on the ball, good phases of play, good buildup. We’re the real deal this season, albeit some room for improvement.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024