Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How was today all 18:54 - Aug 6 with 1090 viewsFrimleyBlue

How did it compare to similar games last season v promoted sides.

Did we look like we were one of those potential top end of table sides who can get through more of these sort of games with maximum points.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

How was today all on 18:57 - Aug 6 with 1063 viewsBobsthename

Good luck with the responses you get some seem to. think it’s going to be a breeze some not so sure i’m one of those.
How was today all on 19:01 - Aug 6 with 1038 viewsIllinoisblue

How was today all on 18:57 - Aug 6 by Bobsthename

Good luck with the responses you get some seem to. think it’s going to be a breeze some not so sure i’m one of those.

So you’re saying people have different opinions about football?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How was today all on 19:02 - Aug 6 with 1043 viewsascott11

If you compare it to Cheltenham, which was at a similar stage of the season, then we are streets ahead of 12 months ago. Yes, we conceded, but crucially we kept the ball much better than we did when under pressure last year. After their 5-10 min spell after scoring, we didn’t allow them any chances I can remember. Only slight issue is we did have the opportunity to kill the game off, but don’t appear to be the most clinical of teams just yet.
How was today all on 19:04 - Aug 6 with 1014 viewsGuthrum

How was today all on 18:57 - Aug 6 by Bobsthename

Not going to be a breeze, that was a tough game, even tho we controlled decent periods of it.

As against the promoted sides last season, only one I went to was the Cheltenham game. Was similar except that we didn't face a gimmick like Tozer's long throws, we did not allow the opposition to take the lead and we were a lot stonger mentally.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

How was today all on 19:05 - Aug 6 with 999 viewsStadiumofdark

did well.

the sloppy goal will just be the reminder we needed, that it's still a sh1t league to get out of.

We won, we played well in parts, the beer is cold
How was today all on 19:06 - Aug 6 with 983 viewsIllinoisblue

Good for 85 mins, bit wobbly for 15 mins. Job done. Move on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How was today all on 19:09 - Aug 6 with 962 viewsSitfcB

How did it compare? We fooking won hahaha.

Started a bit sloppy again but controlled the game for large parts and were very comfortable, bit under the cosh after they scored but actually saw the game out quite well.

The sort of game we had was probably what I expected, teams won’t get it easy there at all and us being us fully expected them to get something out of the game beforehand so when it went 2-1 I was fearing the worst.

Bloody good to get a win at the season attempt of the season unlike last year!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

How was today all on 19:09 - Aug 6 with 958 viewsclive_baker

We’re a much better side than we were this time last year, I have no doubt about that at all.

I want to see more quality on the ball in the final 3rd. We’re a frustrating watch at times, we’re such high energy, very fit, well drilled, work the ball through the lines really impressively for this level of football. As good as I’ve seen in a while at L1 level until we get into the final 3rd and we seen to lack that bit of consistency. An over hit through ball, a poor touch, poor decision making at times. I’m not as sold on these TJJ cameos as others seem to be, and we’re putting a lot of eggs in our Ladapo shaped basket when you consider the only completion to his place is realistically a typically less than prolific Jackson. I don’t mind him as a player, I just wonder if we lack a little something in the final 3rd, but perhaps our business isn’t done there.

Aside from that I think we look very strong, excellent depth and far far better drilled than this time last year. The fact we’ve got more points from the opening 2 games than we got from the opening 6 last season is probably a reflection of that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

How was today all on 19:23 - Aug 6 with 854 viewsStewart27

I think Bolton’s result today shows we’ve made a good start.
How was today all on 19:31 - Aug 6 with 813 viewsJohnTy

How was today all on 19:23 - Aug 6 by Stewart27

I think Bolton’s result today shows we’ve made a good start.

We have more points after two games than we had after the first six last season. Important to get a win in early.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024