Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green away... 21:02 - Aug 6 with 4050 viewsbluewein

It really wasn't worth the hype, was it? I'm not sure many will be in a rush to go back if we're unfortunate enough to still be in this poxy league next season...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Forest Green away... on 22:32 - Aug 7 with 504 viewsxrayspecs

I am not sure why it was being hyped up? A new ground for some, ok. Vegan, I get it.

But it is essentially Accrington/Morecambe/Fleetwood away, with countryside views, but a side on view of proceedings.

And a hill from the town to the ground that the tour de france would have swerved.

I have visited once before (v Cheltenham just before lockdown). I got in "early" at 130, parked at the school and left a few mins before the end to get away before the final whistle. Worked perfectly then. Wronlgy assumed I could do the same yesterday, had not pre-booked parking so ended up in a residential street about a quarter of a mile away from ground. Small mercy that I did not need to go back down the hill and walk back.

Hopefully, that is our last visit to FGR in the league. I found the home fans really friendly, quite a few applauded our play and goals.
Forest Green away... on 22:36 - Aug 7 with 489 viewsportmanpensioner

Forest Green away... on 21:24 - Aug 6 by bluewein

Fair. I definitely heard some of that today.

Highlights included Ladapo being unable to control a ball that flew towards him from close range and the shout of "That's our fookin main striker right there", "Don't worry about Celina, we've got Harness";in a hugely sarcastic shout about 8 times before he scored and "Burns has his head up his own arse and doesn't care about us now he's played for Wales"

All by the same bloke...🤦🏻‍♂️

Heard him too funny that he went a bit quieter after Harness scored
Forest Green away... on 07:22 - Aug 8 with 350 viewsSteve_M

Forest Green away... on 11:06 - Aug 7 by ClareBlue

The bus situation was strange. I would say they are used to taking a couple of hundred to Stroud and were a bit overwhelmed yesterday. Could of had a couple not going up the hill and getting stuck coming back down. It's basically a well run non league club who have got promoted to where some bigger clubs have been relegated to. It's not a great mix to be honest. Friendly enough though and an enjoyable day as a one off.

Yes, it did need a lot of things changing to be more efficient: buses running to Stroud from the bottom of the hill, having more staff on the outdoor bar and in the pub and an extra couple of turnstiles would speed a lot up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024