Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa 22:36 - Aug 6 with 5604 viewsIllinoisblue

No longer captain and Gerard digging him out publicly.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:18 - Aug 7 with 1147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:33 - Aug 7 by Stadiumofdark

Based on what? Did you see him play?
He looks very poor for us

Based on his performances and goals in League 1.

Seems I was right, whatever I based it on!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:18 - Aug 7 with 1147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:16 - Aug 7 by Churchman

A string bean that couldn’t head the ball even? I didn’t but as I said in the earlier post, I was wrong.

And I was right.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:35 - Aug 7 with 1116 viewsStadiumofdark

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:18 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

And I was right.

at the time?

Or making it up as you go along.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:38 - Aug 7 with 1098 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:35 - Aug 7 by Stadiumofdark

at the time?

Check my post history dear.

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:39 - Aug 7 with 1095 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:35 - Aug 7 by Stadiumofdark

at the time?

I am fairly sure that Marshall along with quite a few of the rest of us felt that his record on loan at Rotherham made him worth holding on to and giving a chance. This was strongly argued against by many who felt he couldn't play football.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:45 - Aug 7 with 1066 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:39 - Aug 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am fairly sure that Marshall along with quite a few of the rest of us felt that his record on loan at Rotherham made him worth holding on to and giving a chance. This was strongly argued against by many who felt he couldn't play football.

Agreed.

(And we rarely agree!)

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 16:52 - Aug 7 with 1031 viewsStadiumofdark

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 15:39 - Aug 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Fair play.

No point keeping him though, Mick wouldnt have played him! ;-)
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 1006 viewsJ2BLUE

Mings is a good character and no mug. I'm sure he will be professional. He'll probably start most games in the second half of the season when Gerrard gets his P45.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 17:43 - Aug 7 with 952 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I should have read this before picking him in my fantasy football team…
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 17:50 - Aug 7 with 947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 17:18 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Mings is a good character and no mug. I'm sure he will be professional. He'll probably start most games in the second half of the season when Gerrard gets his P45.

Whilst the quotes in isolation don't look good, the full article in the Birmingham Mail shared above seems to suggest he is carrying an injury and Gerrard wants him to get fully fit before he plays. I wonder if there is an implication that Mings has said he is fit to play when Gerrard hasn't agreed (and thinks Mings knows he wasn't).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 891 viewsgazzer1999

Gerard was a great player and it must be gutting for him to see Henderson being captain and winning all those trophies.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 19:08 - Aug 7 with 876 viewsPioneerBlue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:14 - Aug 7 by BlueandTruesince82

Kieffer Moore in the PL before we git back...... shame Mick couldn't figure out how to use him

Mick couldn’t figure a lot of things in the modern football era

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 20:35 - Aug 7 with 818 viewsVic

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:30 - Aug 7 by Churchman

I like Mings. He’s got plenty of character and is a good player. Gerrard? Just another big name manager with no credentials in management. Rangers? My cat could have managed them and Cuthbert isn’t the sharpest.

Same with Lampard, same with Keane. I’ve no idea why clubs do it, bar more media interest and presumably sponsorship.

‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’ - still gives me the sweats. Good press conferences, but couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom.

Not sure I agree with you on this one churchy. Plenty of internationals, including captains, have gone on to be very successful managers - our own SBR and SAR being among them. SBR didn’t have a fantastic start to management. Klinnsman, Pep, Southgate, Keegan(?) Greet Francis, Gregory all come to mind. I’m sure there are plenty of others.

The jury is defo still out on Lampard and Gerrard but thier leadership at club level certainly marks them out as potentially good managers so I can see why clubs give them a go.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:22 - Aug 8 with 713 viewsBluefields

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:30 - Aug 7 by Churchman

I like Mings. He’s got plenty of character and is a good player. Gerrard? Just another big name manager with no credentials in management. Rangers? My cat could have managed them and Cuthbert isn’t the sharpest.

Same with Lampard, same with Keane. I’ve no idea why clubs do it, bar more media interest and presumably sponsorship.

‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’ - still gives me the sweats. Good press conferences, but couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom.

He got Sunderland promoted.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:26 - Aug 8 with 675 viewsCityBlue

having dropped out of the England placings, his agent will be searching high and wide for an alternative team. I fancy him at Newcastle.

I T I D

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 587 viewsBluefields

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:26 - Aug 8 by CityBlue

having dropped out of the England placings, his agent will be searching high and wide for an alternative team. I fancy him at Newcastle.

In front of Dan Burn(local hero) or new signing Botman. Think he might struggle there. After the display Saturday Im fairly confident he'll be back in the Villa side sooner rather than later.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 11:39 - Aug 9 with 481 viewsrickw

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:16 - Aug 7 by Churchman

A string bean that couldn’t head the ball even? I didn’t but as I said in the earlier post, I was wrong.

Exactly my impression of Moore too, however looking at him now he must have put on 2 stone since he was with us and is now an effective targetman.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 11:50 - Aug 9 with 445 viewsSTYG

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:33 - Aug 7 by Stadiumofdark

Based on what? Did you see him play?
He looks very poor for us

Based on nothing but hindsight!

Moore was terrible for us.

Mick thought it was right to get rid of him. So did we all. That's fine.

Since then Moore has become a top League One player, top Championship player, good international and he's now scored in the Premier League. Delighted for him.

A few at the time he left were saying give him a chance. Most were saying he was rubbish. He had looked it. Nobody was saying he'll be a Premier League player going to a World Cup in 5 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024