Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa 22:36 - Aug 6 with 5581 viewsIllinoisblue

No longer captain and Gerard digging him out publicly.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 22:41 - Aug 6 with 4362 viewsKieran_Knows

I’m going to hazard a guess that Gerrard won’t see the season out with Villa. I didn’t realise just how bad his record was since he joined Villa. Same amount of points as what Lampard got at Everton.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 22:43 - Aug 6 with 4335 viewsZXBlue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 22:41 - Aug 6 by Kieran_Knows

I’m going to hazard a guess that Gerrard won’t see the season out with Villa. I didn’t realise just how bad his record was since he joined Villa. Same amount of points as what Lampard got at Everton.

Amazing thing to say about a player unless there has been a major issue.

Which doesnt strike me as Mings' style, but who knows?
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:03 - Aug 6 with 4167 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Gerrard is such a poor manager and just looking for a scapegoat, really. Mings would've offered more than the other CBS they played today!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:08 - Aug 6 with 4121 viewsbluewein

Send him back to us on loan in that case. He'll get some proper love and appreciation...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:11 - Aug 6 with 4091 viewsBig_Jase

Mings will outlast Gerrard.

Mings is a top bloke and a good pro, Gerrard is a terrible manager.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:16 - Aug 6 with 4017 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mings and Wolfy.

Get it done KM. ;)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:41 - Aug 6 with 3944 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Article gives a bit more context on it:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tyrone-mings-gerra

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:14 - Aug 7 with 3349 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:41 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Article gives a bit more context on it:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tyrone-mings-gerra

Kieffer Moore in the PL before we git back...... shame Mick couldn't figure out how to use him

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:23 - Aug 7 with 3306 viewsChurchman

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:14 - Aug 7 by BlueandTruesince82

Kieffer Moore in the PL before we git back...... shame Mick couldn't figure out how to use him

I thought Moore looked way out of his depth at Championship level for us - a real L1 or L2 player at best. He looked weak and clueless in front of goal. I had no problem with Mick moving him on at the time.

But I was totally wrong. It’s a credit to Kieffer Moore that he’s done so well. He’s clearly worked very hard on his game and is rightly reaping the rewards.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:48 - Aug 7 with 3178 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:23 - Aug 7 by Churchman

I thought Moore looked way out of his depth at Championship level for us - a real L1 or L2 player at best. He looked weak and clueless in front of goal. I had no problem with Mick moving him on at the time.

But I was totally wrong. It’s a credit to Kieffer Moore that he’s done so well. He’s clearly worked very hard on his game and is rightly reaping the rewards.

Same. He’s done incredibly well and fair play to him. I was completely wrong.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:32 - Aug 7 with 3026 viewsBlueBadger

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 23:11 - Aug 6 by Big_Jase

Mings will outlast Gerrard.

Mings is a top bloke and a good pro, Gerrard is a terrible manager.

The new Keane innit. Only where Keane's managerial rep was bolstered by having a good no 2 and a huge budget, Gerrard's was boosted by having to come first in a league of two teams.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:37 - Aug 7 with 3007 viewsJimmyJazz

Also played his ex-Liverpool mate Ings over Watkins

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:44 - Aug 7 with 2948 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:23 - Aug 7 by Churchman

I thought we should've kept him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:16 - Aug 7 with 2851 viewsChurchman

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:44 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

A string bean that couldn’t head the ball even? I didn’t but as I said in the earlier post, I was wrong.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:25 - Aug 7 with 2803 viewsChrisd

Mings should keep his head down, train hard and when he gets his opportunity prove his worth. Villa looked a bit of mess yesterday defensively, so I think it will only be a matter of time before Mings comes back into the fold. Naturally, none of us know what's gone on behind the scenes and are just speculating, but I hope Mings reacts in the right way, comes back bigger, better and rams those words back down Gerrard's throat. That's the best way to prove people wrong.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:26 - Aug 7 with 2795 viewsZXBlue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:25 - Aug 7 by Chrisd

Mings should keep his head down, train hard and when he gets his opportunity prove his worth. Villa looked a bit of mess yesterday defensively, so I think it will only be a matter of time before Mings comes back into the fold. Naturally, none of us know what's gone on behind the scenes and are just speculating, but I hope Mings reacts in the right way, comes back bigger, better and rams those words back down Gerrard's throat. That's the best way to prove people wrong.

Ratehr depends if the situation is fair, or just a manager who doesn't fancy him, in which case, you get out. Especially in a world cup year.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 10:26]
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:30 - Aug 7 with 2770 viewsChurchman

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:25 - Aug 7 by Chrisd

I like Mings. He’s got plenty of character and is a good player. Gerrard? Just another big name manager with no credentials in management. Rangers? My cat could have managed them and Cuthbert isn’t the sharpest.

Same with Lampard, same with Keane. I’ve no idea why clubs do it, bar more media interest and presumably sponsorship.

‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’ - still gives me the sweats. Good press conferences, but couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:33 - Aug 7 with 2748 viewsStadiumofdark

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 09:44 - Aug 7 by Marshalls_Mullet

Based on what? Did you see him play?
He looks very poor for us
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 11:34 - Aug 7 with 2573 viewspointofblue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 10:30 - Aug 7 by Churchman

I like Mings. He’s got plenty of character and is a good player. Gerrard? Just another big name manager with no credentials in management. Rangers? My cat could have managed them and Cuthbert isn’t the sharpest.

Same with Lampard, same with Keane. I’ve no idea why clubs do it, bar more media interest and presumably sponsorship.

‘Roy Keane’s Ipswich’ - still gives me the sweats. Good press conferences, but couldn’t manage his way out of his own bathroom.

Lampard got the Chelsea job because no one else wanted it due to the transfer embargo. Oddly, he was a bit like Magilton - fine under no expectation but struggled when pressure told.

Keane did fine with Sunderland, for the most part, but was a dreadful fit here. Think even he has admitted that.

Gerrard won a two horse race when the other horse was lame, and got a lot of plaudits for it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:18 - Aug 7 with 2351 viewsJimmy86

I must be slightly in the minority here, but I just don't rate Mings... yes he's a nice guy, he's just not a very good defender...Gerrard has seen it and him for what it is... he is so error prone it's unreal and switches off at vital times... he cost Villa last season and is why Gerrard has bombed him out

Best piece of business we ever did was rinse Bournemouth out of 8 million for Mings based on 1 half decent season in the championship with us...

Gerrard is also a better manager than Lampard...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 14:21]
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:25 - Aug 7 with 2298 viewsmylittletown

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:18 - Aug 7 by Jimmy86

I must be slightly in the minority here, but I just don't rate Mings... yes he's a nice guy, he's just not a very good defender...Gerrard has seen it and him for what it is... he is so error prone it's unreal and switches off at vital times... he cost Villa last season and is why Gerrard has bombed him out

Best piece of business we ever did was rinse Bournemouth out of 8 million for Mings based on 1 half decent season in the championship with us...

Gerrard is also a better manager than Lampard...
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 14:21]

I reckon that Gerrard will be sacked during the World Cup break. After a decent start to his time at AV, the team look like they are going backwards fast.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:34 - Aug 7 with 2263 viewsJimmy86

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:25 - Aug 7 by mylittletown

I reckon that Gerrard will be sacked during the World Cup break. After a decent start to his time at AV, the team look like they are going backwards fast.

We all know the SPL isn't brilliant, but he did a great job at Rangers and laid the ground work for Gio and their run to the Europa league final... I think he's alright
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:38 - Aug 7 with 2235 viewsolimar

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:34 - Aug 7 by Jimmy86

We all know the SPL isn't brilliant, but he did a great job at Rangers and laid the ground work for Gio and their run to the Europa league final... I think he's alright

I think its overlooked that he was given an enormous budget at Rangers, it was almost impossible not to make an improvement in that league with the funds available.
He got fortunate that Celtic completely imploded for the first time in 10 years at the same time.
Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:51 - Aug 7 with 2179 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can't both manage in the same league!

To be fair, there is only so far their names can take them, their records will catch up with them eventually.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 14:52 - Aug 7 with 2166 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tyrone Mings having a rough time at Villa on 08:14 - Aug 7 by BlueandTruesince82

Mick saw his potential. He wasn't ready for the Championship when we had him but he has developed into a far better player over time. That potential is what MM saw.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024