Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 22:59 - Aug 6 with 1732 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I would take that start to the season all day long.

Anyone moaning needs to get a little perspective.

How many games did we go before winning last season?

How many games did we fail to beat promoted teams last season?

If you can't enjoy an unbeaten start to the season, what's the point?

Here's to steam rolling the Old Boys' team on Tuesday.

COYB.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 23:15 - Aug 6 with 1661 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Bizarre some of the posts tonight.

Don’t always agree with some your posts, but couldn’t agree more with that.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 23:17 - Aug 6 with 1654 viewsSitfcB

Truly is bizarre that just because we didn’t win 6-0 it was sh!te. Our fanbase is full of berks.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 23:22 - Aug 6 with 1630 viewsFrimleyBlue

I can't see what posts you and others are seeing.

I can't see any posts bemoaning the start.
I see a few posters sharing their opinions on who they feel in those 2 games, haven't possibly been as good as they'd have hoped they'd be.. Burns for example.

Football is all about opinions and its very common. So far I've seen some people saying ladapo should be swapped for Jackson. Why is that OK though? because ladapo hasn't scored yet?. But for the fella mentioning burns... he's hounded out for it despite burns not being a shining bright so far.

So no I don't get the point of your OP Marky as there is again more posts moaning about apparent moaning than there are actually posts moaning.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 03:06 - Aug 7 with 1525 viewsBigCommon

I'm buzzing.. Good start, and yet , you feel like we're 10-15% off our best , yet..
All the signings are contributing from the off, whilst finding their feet.
If we can chug along nicely like this. Then , once the window closes and any more ins and outs are dealt with. We can really start to build a head of steam.
Not gonna lie. Couldn't care less this season about cup runs (I know that might annoy some people). But I'd rather we gave 100% to getting promoted.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 1296 viewsHighgateBlue

As a horse racing fanatic, I like to look at how strong each piece of form is.

Two other results stood out for me on Saturday which really give our form some positive context (although obviously I appreciate that we've only played 2 games and statistics at this stage are to be taken with a pinch of salt).

Firstly, Bolton beat Wycombe 3-0. This is the same Wycombe who got into the playoffs last year, and won their opening fixture against Burton 3-0. So the 3-0 Bolton win looks like really strong form to me, and puts our 1-1 draw with Bolton into context. I was disappointed not to beat them, but the evidence that we have so far is that they could easily be challenging at the top end this season, and on that basis, a 1-1 against them isn't too bad. Indeed, they will be thinking - 1-1 at Portman Road is a right result - Ipswich just went and won their next game away from home.

Secondly, Bristol Rovers beat Burton 4-0 away from home. Now, Burton have had a very poor start and may well struggle. But a 4-0 away win is never to be sniffed at. The reason why Rovers' big win is relevant is that they lost their opening fixture at home to Forest Green. That gives our 2-1 away win against Forest Green a pretty solid look (as Forest Green had gone to a next time out easy winner and beaten them).

So it's unbeaten, and 2 points per game, but more than that, the form looks solid.

Hopefully a confidence boosting result against our former selves (Colchester), before MK Dons up next in the league at home. MK Dons' form looks poor so far. One of only three teams to have zero points. Admittedly they were both narrow 1-0 losses, and one of those was against Wednesday, who look likely to be contenders, but the other was against Cambridge. MK have made plenty of signings, but losing the likes of Twine is going to hurt, and I'd rather be playing MK2022/23 than MK2021/22.

COYB.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 10:37 - Aug 7 with 1216 viewsChurchman

On 18th September we won 1-0 at Lincoln to take us to 6 points. 7 games, 1 win, 3 draws 3 defeats. 4 of those games were at home too.

I’m very happy. We are still gearing into the season, but the signs are good.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 10:48 - Aug 7 with 1177 viewsbilllm

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 09:41 - Aug 7 by HighgateBlue

Two other results stood out for me on Saturday which really give our form some positive context (although obviously I appreciate that we've only played 2 games and statistics at this stage are to be taken with a pinch of salt).

Firstly, Bolton beat Wycombe 3-0. This is the same Wycombe who got into the playoffs last year, and won their opening fixture against Burton 3-0. So the 3-0 Bolton win looks like really strong form to me, and puts our 1-1 draw with Bolton into context. I was disappointed not to beat them, but the evidence that we have so far is that they could easily be challenging at the top end this season, and on that basis, a 1-1 against them isn't too bad. Indeed, they will be thinking - 1-1 at Portman Road is a right result - Ipswich just went and won their next game away from home.

Secondly, Bristol Rovers beat Burton 4-0 away from home. Now, Burton have had a very poor start and may well struggle. But a 4-0 away win is never to be sniffed at. The reason why Rovers' big win is relevant is that they lost their opening fixture at home to Forest Green. That gives our 2-1 away win against Forest Green a pretty solid look (as Forest Green had gone to a next time out easy winner and beaten them).

So it's unbeaten, and 2 points per game, but more than that, the form looks solid.

Hopefully a confidence boosting result against our former selves (Colchester), before MK Dons up next in the league at home. MK Dons' form looks poor so far. One of only three teams to have zero points. Admittedly they were both narrow 1-0 losses, and one of those was against Wednesday, who look likely to be contenders, but the other was against Cambridge. MK have made plenty of signings, but losing the likes of Twine is going to hurt, and I'd rather be playing MK2022/23 than MK2021/22.

COYB.

Agree with all of this, mk will be a difficult games they have a very hard start to the season, probably should of drawn with sheff w,
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 10:52 - Aug 7 with 1166 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 09:41 - Aug 7 by HighgateBlue

COYB.

Just to temper your Burton form a tad, they did have a man sent off in the first minute.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Login to get fewer ads

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 10:58 - Aug 7 with 1157 viewstractorboy1978

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 10:37 - Aug 7 by Churchman

On 18th September we won 1-0 at Lincoln to take us to 6 points. 7 games, 1 win, 3 draws 3 defeats. 4 of those games were at home too.

I’m very happy. We are still gearing into the season, but the signs are good.

It's all about just holding the pace early doors. You can't win anything in the first dozen games but you can certainly lose it.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 11:35 - Aug 7 with 1098 viewsclive_baker

I can see more posts moaning about people moaning than actual posts of people moaning.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 14:03 - Aug 7 with 968 viewsstonojnr

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 23:22 - Aug 6 by FrimleyBlue

I can't see what posts you and others are seeing.

I can't see any posts bemoaning the start.
I see a few posters sharing their opinions on who they feel in those 2 games, haven't possibly been as good as they'd have hoped they'd be.. Burns for example.

Football is all about opinions and its very common. So far I've seen some people saying ladapo should be swapped for Jackson. Why is that OK though? because ladapo hasn't scored yet?. But for the fella mentioning burns... he's hounded out for it despite burns not being a shining bright so far.

So no I don't get the point of your OP Marky as there is again more posts moaning about apparent moaning than there are actually posts moaning.

maybe a bunch deleted them, or changed their tune or have got buried in all the other stuff, but post game yesterday it seemed to be well over half the posts on the first page were criticising the team for only winning 2-1.

it was we should be HMS walk the league mood stuff again, as opposed to last seasons "well these early games dont count,Paul Cook just needs to gel" mood at this stage.

2pts per game average is perfect start imo, get the team confident and in the groove, we should be there or there abouts come the end of the season. ignore what everyone is doing at the moment, just focus on who Town are playing.
Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 14:27 - Aug 7 with 927 viewsFrimleyBlue

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 14:03 - Aug 7 by stonojnr

maybe a bunch deleted them, or changed their tune or have got buried in all the other stuff, but post game yesterday it seemed to be well over half the posts on the first page were criticising the team for only winning 2-1.

it was we should be HMS walk the league mood stuff again, as opposed to last seasons "well these early games dont count,Paul Cook just needs to gel" mood at this stage.

2pts per game average is perfect start imo, get the team confident and in the groove, we should be there or there abouts come the end of the season. ignore what everyone is doing at the moment, just focus on who Town are playing.

I don't remember there being many who demanded more tbh. A saw a few who were nervous about the 10 minute spell FG had but again that's normal.

1 from keno was a pis take so many people saw that and took it as a genuine post. I dunno. But no don't agree that there were posters not happy with the win but sharing the areas they hope we improve on going forwards. Which again I'm sure KM does.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 844 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 14:27 - Aug 7 by FrimleyBlue

I don't remember there being many who demanded more tbh. A saw a few who were nervous about the 10 minute spell FG had but again that's normal.

1 from keno was a pis take so many people saw that and took it as a genuine post. I dunno. But no don't agree that there were posters not happy with the win but sharing the areas they hope we improve on going forwards. Which again I'm sure KM does.

In his own smarmy way 😇

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Played 2 Won 1 Drawn 1 on 18:53 - Aug 7 with 796 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

2 points a game is all you need...

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024