Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy - absolute marmite 07:59 - Aug 7 with 7215 viewsWickwar_Blue

Hands up, I don’t see Town often (2/3 times a year) and (due to geography) I’m now a season ticket holder at Forest Green.

Yesterday was a very strange experience for me. Not sure I enjoyed it!

It was also the first time I recall seeing Sam Morsy play. Is he like that every week? Every tackle he left something on this opponent, niggly, horrible player. But then he pulls out a piece of sublime craft for his goal.

For those that are old enough he reminded me (not in terms of position, in terms of attitude) of the likes of Paul Dickov or David Speedie.

I’d imagine the majority of ITFC fans love him but away fans leave every game despising him? Is that fair?
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:06 - Aug 7 with 4202 viewstractorboy1978

Yes, I think fans of every club would love to have him in their team. He's far too good to be playing at this level.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:08 - Aug 7 with 4190 viewsfranz_tyson

Yes, he's niggly and has a nasty side. Thought yesterday he was on good behaviour compared to normal. He's fantastic- puts his foot in and gets us moving forward. Just what we want - and I hope away fans despise him. It means he's good.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:10 - Aug 7 with 4173 viewsLeoMuff

I thought he was less niggly yesterday and maybe the suspension of last season may have got him to temper a little.

his braking up of opposition play, lovely short passing and rarely giving the ball away, coupled with a goal threat

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:14 - Aug 7 with 4139 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

He's the cog at the heart of the machine. I love marmite.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:36 - Aug 7 with 3995 viewsHighgateBlue

Personally: hate marmite, love Morsy.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:37 - Aug 7 with 3980 viewsDubtractor

He has got better and better over the time he has been here. McKenna in particular seems to have added more positive play to Morsy, and you can easily see him hitting double figures for goals this season.

He'll be our player of the season by a mile this year.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 8:38]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:42 - Aug 7 with 3921 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If you didn't enjoy a Town win then you're not a Town fan anymore.

Morsy isn't remotely Marmite. He's firm but fair mostly, certainly "Every tackle he left something on this opponent" is nonsense.

Hard for us to know what away fans think of him but I've not seen any reports or links to oppo forums berating him.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:49 - Aug 7 with 3871 viewsBondiBlue

His big strengths are his strength and balance on the ball and, strangely, his ability to go past people. Reminds me a bit of roy keane when he surges forwards. Didn't do much of that yesterday, so understand why you wouldn't have been blown away. I love him.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:51 - Aug 7 with 3849 viewsWickwar_Blue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:49 - Aug 7 by BondiBlue

His big strengths are his strength and balance on the ball and, strangely, his ability to go past people. Reminds me a bit of roy keane when he surges forwards. Didn't do much of that yesterday, so understand why you wouldn't have been blown away. I love him.

I thought he played well. He looked like a great player…. Just well versed in the “dark arts” of game management.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:53 - Aug 7 with 3824 viewsJ2BLUE

Pathetic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:55 - Aug 7 with 3816 viewsWickwar_Blue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:42 - Aug 7 by The_Flashing_Smile

If you didn't enjoy a Town win then you're not a Town fan anymore.

Morsy isn't remotely Marmite. He's firm but fair mostly, certainly "Every tackle he left something on this opponent" is nonsense.

Hard for us to know what away fans think of him but I've not seen any reports or links to oppo forums berating him.

Yes, you are quite right. I’m no longer a Town fan. Hope life remains nice and straightforward for you and you never have to face a scenario where your loyalties are tested.

Blackburn Rovers fans despise Morsy - that took about 2 mins research.

I’m not saying he isn’t a good player. I think he performs a vital role just that he is pretty cynical at times.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:56 - Aug 7 with 3796 viewsWickwar_Blue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:53 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Pathetic.

Why?
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:56 - Aug 7 with 3799 viewsRegencyBlue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:51 - Aug 7 by Wickwar_Blue

I thought he played well. He looked like a great player…. Just well versed in the “dark arts” of game management.

The dark arts have been used against us for our entire stay in League 1.

It’s about time we started giving some back!
Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 3748 viewsJ2BLUE

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:56 - Aug 7 by Wickwar_Blue

Why?

Some fans want a team of angels and that is never going to work. Morsy didn't even get booked yesterday. It's a contact sport and every team needs some physicality.

If you're bothered by Morsy then league one probably isn't for you. There are teams full of physical players who will use every trick in the book against you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 3739 viewsWickwar_Blue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:56 - Aug 7 by RegencyBlue

The dark arts have been used against us for our entire stay in League 1.

It’s about time we started giving some back!

That is fair!
Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:00 - Aug 7 with 3722 viewsWickwar_Blue

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:59 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

Some fans want a team of angels and that is never going to work. Morsy didn't even get booked yesterday. It's a contact sport and every team needs some physicality.

If you're bothered by Morsy then league one probably isn't for you. There are teams full of physical players who will use every trick in the book against you.

Fair enough.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:01 - Aug 7 with 3706 viewsDubtractor

Not sure why you've got pelters for the OP to be honest - he IS a niggly player, and is probably horrible to play against, and he is exactly the sort of player we've not had at Town for a long time. Nick Hayes (co commentator) even stated that he tends to leave something in on tackles in training too.

I think he generally stays the right side of the line, but having that bite in midfield helps lift the whole team when we're winning the ball back. Note how quickly we turned over Forest green possession yesterday, and the same with Bolton last week.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:03 - Aug 7 with 3651 viewsBondiBlue

I started a thread below about how i was impressed with his game management (aka dark arts) yesterday when fgr were starting to get on top. We're going to need a bit of that to get promoted.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:05 - Aug 7 with 3594 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Morsy - absolute marmite on 08:55 - Aug 7 by Wickwar_Blue

Yes, you are quite right. I’m no longer a Town fan. Hope life remains nice and straightforward for you and you never have to face a scenario where your loyalties are tested.

Blackburn Rovers fans despise Morsy - that took about 2 mins research.

I’m not saying he isn’t a good player. I think he performs a vital role just that he is pretty cynical at times.

I didn't say anything about doing research - I said I've seen nothing posted on here. Why would I do research on something I don't care about?

He's tough and uncompromising, not cynical.

I won't face a scenario where my loyalties are tested. I'm Ipswich till I die.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:06 - Aug 7 with 3589 viewsStewart27

Love him.

Simply put he’s one of, if not the best player in this league and we’re incredibly lucky to have him.
Morsy - absolute marmite on 09:55 - Aug 7 with 3313 viewspennyfathersleg

I think Morsy is fast becoming my most favoured for a long. Probably since Matt Holland. We’re so lucky to have him and I hope he’s around for many years. He’s good enough to be playing for a top end championship club in my opinion.

I definitely don’t think you’ll find any town fans calling him marmite!!!
Morsy - absolute marmite on 10:09 - Aug 7 with 3209 viewsghostofescobar

Think you are off the mark, mate. Morsy is way too good for this league. We are lucky to have him. Does that midfield job brilliantly. Breaks up opposition play, keeps everything ticking over, rarely wasteful with the ball. Cant imagine there are many Championship teams that wouldn’t take him in heartbeat. If he can add a few more goals to the mix, he really will be something a bit special for us I think.

GhostOfEscobar

Morsy - absolute marmite on 10:12 - Aug 7 with 3164 viewsElephantintheRoom

And so far this season he’s managed not to get sent off

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Morsy - absolute marmite on 10:33 - Aug 7 with 3108 viewsSimonds92

No i think 99% of fans love him, why wouldn't they? (I say 99% because if he gets himself sent off we will no doubt get 2 or 3 people come out the woodwork saying he's a liability). Yes he's a horrible brstrd to play against, perfect, why wouldnt you love that, the more opposition fans hate your players the better. Did Real Madrid worry about what other fans thought about Ramos, Carvajal and Casemiro when they won 4 champions leagues?!
Morsy - absolute marmite on 10:53 - Aug 7 with 2989 viewsPendejo

Dear all,

Please re-read OP.

Sitting amongst home fans it'd be easy to pick up the hater vibe.

Last two paragraphs make salient points - similar battling qualities to Dickov and Speedie, loved by Town hated by opposition.

Don't understand the down votes.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024