Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich tourism 10:55 - Aug 7 with 1268 viewsSharkey

Any suggestions for bits of Ipswich that you think it's a pity that most tourists never see? (Ipswich proper, not the surrounding villages.) It could be a weird bit of architecture, or an extraordinary front garden in a regular street, or some graffiti that's actually funny. Also, is there any shop that you wonder how on earth it keeps going, but you're glad it does?
Ipswich tourism on 11:38 - Aug 7 with 1212 viewsElephantintheRoom

Does Rushmere Heath still exist? It used to be quite picturesque if nobody was playing golf. A walk along the Gipping past what used to be the Walls sausage factory was quite interesting too

That wierd double roundabout where the Bury Road crosses the A12 ring road is something to behold

And that nasty building made of black glass near Princes Street was once much admired

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Ipswich tourism on 16:37 - Aug 7 with 1131 viewssolemio

Ipswich tourism on 11:38 - Aug 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Does Rushmere Heath still exist? It used to be quite picturesque if nobody was playing golf. A walk along the Gipping past what used to be the Walls sausage factory was quite interesting too

That wierd double roundabout where the Bury Road crosses the A12 ring road is something to behold

And that nasty building made of black glass near Princes Street was once much admired

I really like that building, designed by Norman Foster. It was Grade 1 listed quicker than any building had been up to that time. Interesting inside, and a nice garden on top.
Ipswich tourism on 17:09 - Aug 7 with 1097 viewsRimsy

Loads of historical sights around town. (Wolsey Gate, Ancient house etc) Crying shame the council don't make more of the history of Ipswich. They are obsessed with us being a 'city' (what a joke) they overlook what is great about the town. We are a county town and it should be celebrated. As for shops, always wonder how Coes keep going where they're placed.

BlueBlood

Ipswich tourism on 17:20 - Aug 7 with 1078 viewsChondzoresk

Ipswich tourism on 11:38 - Aug 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Yes, the “Heath” still exists. With its colony of adders and lizards. However, they have built lots of houses over the far end. There were some ponds towards the Rushmere St Andrew end that teemed wildlife, now gone.
Ipswich tourism on 06:46 - Aug 8 with 947 viewssolomon

Ipswich tourism on 16:37 - Aug 7 by solemio

I really like that building, designed by Norman Foster. It was Grade 1 listed quicker than any building had been up to that time. Interesting inside, and a nice garden on top.

There’s still a model of it in the foyer at f+p in battersea. It’s an icon within construction and design as it was a first in the uk for so many features that are now common place. It’s an amazing building that blends in with the layout of the streets and I having the Unitarian meeting house next door offers old and new together in harmony.
Ipswich tourism on 07:59 - Aug 9 with 806 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I always think Holywells park gets overlooked.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Ipswich tourism on 09:01 - Aug 9 with 776 viewsGogs

Ipswich tourism on 06:46 - Aug 8 by solomon

There’s still a model of it in the foyer at f+p in battersea. It’s an icon within construction and design as it was a first in the uk for so many features that are now common place. It’s an amazing building that blends in with the layout of the streets and I having the Unitarian meeting house next door offers old and new together in harmony.

I always think the unitarian meeting house isn’t celebrated enough. Wonderful building, which I get the feeling fairly large numbers of people who live in Ipswich don’t even know is there
Ipswich tourism on 09:30 - Aug 9 with 742 viewsSomethingBlue

If and when they ever sort Broomhill out it is an absolutely extraordinary facility and, architecturally, very rare.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich tourism on 09:47 - Aug 9 with 717 viewsitfcjoe

Ipswich tourism on 09:30 - Aug 9 by SomethingBlue

If and when they ever sort Broomhill out it is an absolutely extraordinary facility and, architecturally, very rare.

Was postponed due to covid as was due to be done last year, a real shame it's not there for this summer!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ipswich tourism on 09:49 - Aug 9 with 711 viewshype313

Snoasis when it opens, imminently I heard...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024